Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2019, 02:29 PM

28,661 posts, read 18,764,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
What comes to my mind is two prominent mixed-race men: Barack Obama and Colin Kaepernick. Both of them seem to have massive chips on their shoulders regarding racial issues. And they both seem to ignore their white sides and identify themselves only by their black sides.
They can claim to be black and nobody will blink.

If they could claim to be white and anyone would buy that, it might be a different story.

Old 03-13-2019, 02:29 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Pure race is boring, because it doesn't exist. There is no genetic evidence for a pure race. Its an ideological concept up made up by racist to excuse treating people of color like garbage.
I don't think most people want to treat others like garbage. I don't deny there are racists out there, but I truly do believe majority of the people are not racists.

This said, I do believe mixed relationships is not for everybody. If somebody claim they won't date people outside their race, I think their wish should be respected. People with a racial preference are the same as people with other preferences. It is natural and it is nothing offensive.

A poster once said on the dating forum that "If you (the general term) don't date people outside your race, that means you are a racist." I found this kind of thought totally strange. Live and let live.

Old 03-13-2019, 02:33 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I don't think most people want to treat others like garbage. I don't deny there are racists out there, but I truly do believe majority of the people are not racists.

This said, I do believe mixed relationships is not for everybody. If somebody claim they won't date people outside their race, I think their wish should be respected. People with a racial preference are the same as people with other preferences. It is natural and it is nothing offensive.

A poster once said on the dating forum that "If you (the general term) don't date people outside your race, that means you are a racist." I found this kind of thought totally strange. Live and let live.

I agree. And it is the Democrats that push racial divisiveness.

Old 03-13-2019, 02:36 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,891,599 times
Quote:
I have a white male friend who said if the whole world is full of white people, they'd find something else to complain about, like eye color or hair color.

I spent several years in China, the people from the south look down on people from the north, and vice versa. Probably human nature to discriminate.
It's even more pronounced in India as well northerners look down on Southerners.

Old 03-13-2019, 02:46 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,239,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
So not one person on the entire planet is entirely Australoid, or Caucasoid or Negroid?

Do you have evidence to back this up?
Yes the entire scientific community.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017...or-anyone-else

Old 03-13-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
Yes the entire scientific community.

https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2017...or-anyone-else
As per your article:

*"almost all modern humans “have this incredibly complex history of mixing and mating and migration."

"Almost..."

So, no, you don't have evidence for your claim.

Old 03-13-2019, 02:50 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
No, he posted

The liberals and dems in this thread are so proud to exclaim "I can't wait til we're all mixed" or this or that, to insinuate that people that have a homogeneous ethnic background are bad, or need to be replaced or removed. It's very bizarre.

I happened to agree with this opinion.

What else would you call it when people say, pure race is boring?

I don't necessarily think there is an agenda, but it is bizarre that mixed race folks (some of them) would make comment like pure race is boring.
A poster on the relationship forum even said he believed everybody should be mixed in the future. I do find it bizarre. If people just want to date or marry to somebody of their own race, let them be.

Just was stating basically you are fueling his flames by giving him attention and especially stating you agree with him about anything.

I don't go by one post of a poster. If you look over this entire thread and his posts you will see that his spiel is that whites are being erased. He's worried about white people specifically and not homogenous populations. His fears and ideas are not about other ethnic groups in America. I agree with you that race is not a big thing and said as such in my initial post. I also mentioned that mixed people have always been around (they have). You being a multi-ethnic person just is weird IMO that you'd cosign a pretty obvious white supremacist.

Old 03-13-2019, 02:51 PM

39,208 posts, read 27,575,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Just was stating basically you are fueling his flames by giving him attention and especially stating you agree with him about anything.

I don't go by one post of a poster. If you look over this entire thread and his posts you will see that his spiel is that whites are being erased. He's worried about white people. You being a multi-racial person just is weird IMO that you'd cosign a pretty obvious white supremacist.
I agree with his one post, and I explained why. I don't think he is a supremacist based on what he said. Lol stop it.

Old 03-13-2019, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

I don't go by one post of a poster. If you look over this entire thread and his posts you will see that his spiel is that whites are being erased. He's worried about white people. You being a multi-racial person just is weird IMO that you'd cosign a pretty obvious white supremacist.
Where did I ever, once,claim whites are superior? Complete lie.

Old 03-13-2019, 02:53 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,239,891 times
Quote:

Technically all relationships are mixed relationships since all people are a genetic mix.

Even the concept of "race" is highly problematic to define. Would a white man dating a women who is half white and half black be dating outside his race?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies