Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-16-2019, 02:02 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,745,361 times

Advertisements

It is not up to you to decide what makes others happy. Obviously you don't even know how to be happy yourself, so you are a horrible adviser for others.

Well, but without a law nobody cares. Nobody will stop doing something they feel is right unless they are forced to by law.

Nobody is pushing any liberal agenda. All our current situation does is allow everyone to decide for themselves who they want to be together with.

I like community, but only in the sense of neighborhood, i.e. anyone living there and having to do with me, no matter what culture or race they belong to. I am against communities in the ghetto sense. When an ethnic group separates itself from the rest of society, it only leads to egoism and not seldom to conflict. Which is exactly why I am against diversity as a goal or permanent state.

Old 03-16-2019, 02:08 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,208,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
You do realize that you can only breed within your own community for so long before inbreeding starts to take place. For healthy genetics you need to mate with people outside of your community, the more variety of genes brought into a population the healthier it will be. You are mixing up the social construct of a community and culture with notions of race and ethnicity. The two have nothing to do with each other.
1) Do you actually know anything about how genetics work? Or are you just spouting assumptions based on what you've heard in the past? Can you tell me specifically the genetic effects of inbreeding?

2) It depends on how large of a community you are talking about. Throughout the vast-majority of human-history, humans were in tribes of about ~150 people. This 150 number is often called "Dunbar's number". Because it the size of the "natural" human tribe, and we are still limited by that number to this day.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunbar%27s_number

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2qjRG6iV8M

3) Scientifically, your ideal partner for sexual production, is your third-cousin. One of the articles I linked to earlier discussed that people "distantly-related" to your parents are your ideal mate, which is true. Mating with someone as dissimilar to you as possible actually lowers fitness.

https://www.livescience.com/2271-kis...sins-kids.html

4) Race is an arbitrary social-construct. There is no "white race".

Quote:
Notice the language they use in these articles, tend to, more likely, etc. All these articles are stating is that people on average tend to be attracted to characteristics of their parents. That's it, it nowhere implies that mating with someone who looks different from your mother or father means your relationship with them is sour or broken.
I am pretty sure that I quoted in bold an article that said the quality of relationship someone has with their parent increases the likelihood that they'll find someone similar to their parent attractive.

I can almost-guarantee that the cause of most of the race-mixing we see today, is that most kids basically aren't being raised by their parents, or have an increasingly-bad relationship with their parents. And those who are race-mixing, are almost-always people who either don't really have parents at all, or who have parents they don't respect.

What I said is proved by the articles I quoted, and common-sense. I fully realize that there are ALWAYS exceptions to everything.

Some women are more-masculine than some men, so does that mean there is no such thing as masculinity? You are pushing some kind of "all-or-nothing" fallacy. Wherein if it isn't 100% true all the time, it is never true.

Old 03-16-2019, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
It is not up to you to decide what makes others happy. Obviously you don't even know how to be happy yourself, so you are a horrible adviser for others.
I know exactly what makes people happy. My problem is, I am extremely bitter because people like yourself have created a world that is so hostile to it. And I am depressed because when I look out towards the future, everything is even worse. So I feel perpetually hopeless and angry.

I always joke with a real-life friend that I am angry when I see hopeful people. Not because I am "jealous" of their hopefulness. But I have no idea why anyone would be hopeful.

What do you think the world is going to be like 50 years from now?

I am actually with those environmentalists who refuse to have children. Why would anyone want to bring another person into this garbage world? That seems to me to be a kind of child abuse. And sending your children to public-school, is another kind of child-abuse.

Quote:
Well, but without a law nobody cares. Nobody will stop doing something they feel is right unless they are forced to by law.
My actual goal is to get rid of all law. As in, to get rid of government. But what would the world actually look like without government?

We live in an artificial world, which can only exist by government force.

Old 03-16-2019, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
I know exactly what makes people happy. My problem is, I am extremely bitter because people like yourself have created a world that is so hostile to it. And I am depressed because when I look out towards the future, everything is even worse. So I feel perpetually hopeless and angry.

I always joke with a real-life friend that I am angry when I see hopeful people. Not because I am "jealous" of their hopefulness. But I have no idea why anyone would be hopeful.

What do you think the world is going to be like 50 years from now?

I am actually with those environmentalists who refuse to have children. Why would anyone want to bring another person into this garbage world? That seems to me to be a kind of child abuse. And sending your children to public-school, is another kind of child-abuse.

My actual goal is to get rid of all law. As in, to get rid of government. But what would the world actually look like without government?

We live in an artificial world, which can only exist by government force.

Sorry, you only think you know what makes other people happy. Most people don't think and feel the way you do, obviously.

I am actually sorry you are so bitter and unhappy. You should urgently learn to make your own happiness independent of other people's lives. Else you will have wasted your one and only life for nothing.

So, you are angry when you see hopeful people. Well, maybe they just don't share your pessimism. Being optimistic doesn't mean being unaware of problems. Most people try to be happy and good people.

Couples are still happy when they become parents, the vast majority love their kids and everything is fine because people don't make their happiness depend on some illusion of a supposedly perfect world. Even parents of handicapped kids are usually excellent parents with enviable character.

People have always thought everything is getting worse, even the ancient Greeks were already complaining about everything going down the drain. What they didn't know is that in reality Western civilization was only getting started, leaving ancient Greece way behind in every way including morals.

While current governments are of course far from perfect, a world without government and laws would be a recipe for catastrophe.

Old 03-16-2019, 03:01 PM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
People will still have preferences and geography will always limit what peoples interact with one another. If you want to see what a culture looks like that is very racially mixed look at Brazilians. Coincidentally they are considered to be very attractive people. Wonder why that is?
Preferences exist. People will be attracted to whomever they are attracted to. No agenda there. Geography can play a limiting factor in terms of who people interact with. The thing about human beings is this. We can go anywhere we want. I live in Georgia. If I get a plane ticket (and hopefully a job lined up), I can be in Idaho or Minnesota tomorrow. And thanks to technology, I can interact with all kinds of people from all over the world.

Brazil, well, this is how I see it. Brazil has become a very mixed society, but there are some things to consider. Brazil was one of the last countries to abolish slavery in the western hemisphere. More slaves went to Brazil than anywhere else in the Western Hemisphere, and for longer. One of the reasons there was so much mixing was due to the male nature of colonialism. With a lack of European women around, Portuguese men had African and Indigenous women to have relations with. This mixing took place for a long time.

Once slavery was abolished, the Brazilian government saw that the number of Blacks in Brazil was very large. What happened next? Embranquiamento. Whitening. The government appropriated money to bring immigrants from Europe to Brazil (especially Germany and Italy). The idea was to reduce the percentage of Blacks in Brazil. Immigrants from Asia (especially Japan and Lebanon;BTW, Brazil has more people of Japanese descent than the USA does. Brazil has the largest Japanese population outside of the homeland). While many immigrants stuck to their own, many mixed with the local Brazilian population. Italians were very likely to mix with the Brazilain population. Catholic faith, the Italian language is in the same language family as Portuguese. Many Italians have an olive-tan complexion(particularly those from Sicily), similar to the local Brazilian population.

Brazil has a very mixed population and this has taken place over time. It hasn't stopped discrimination and racism from taking place. The difference is this. In America, racial mixing has been openly frowned upon. In Brazil, it wasn't all that frowned upon. While race mixing isn't frowned up in Brazil, there is still a mentality of "the whiter you are, the better". If you look at alot of supermodels from Brazil, a majority of them are often White, of German and Italian background. While the African influences are very important in Brazil's culture (and they are embraced. Look at the food, the martial arts, the music), it doesn't mean Brazil is free of racism. Race mixing just means there are more racial categories, like pardo, caboclo, cafuzo, mulato,etc. A color continuum was created. The darker you are, the harder your life might be. If you're Black, you will have a harder life than everyone else in Brazil.

I think one of the major reasons there was never a big civil rights movement in Brazil was due to promoting itself as a mixed-race democracy (although Brazil did have a fascist dictatorship for some time). In America, you were either White or you were Black. One drop made you Black. It was Blacks vs the rest of the world. Jim Crow laws targeted Black people. There were those who knew what they were fighting. In Brazl, it was a different story. No actual Jim Crow and race mixing wasn't frowned upon. Some people figured "we don't have Jim Crow like in America, we have a mixed-race society, so we aren't racist". Racism still existed and still does.

The impact of a mixed race society in America won't mean all that much. It will just mean that racism will manifest itself differently.

Old 03-16-2019, 03:16 PM

Racism is a regular topic in Brazilian telenovelas for a reason, but oddly the TV giant Globo is itself often accused of racism. Currently there is Segundo Sol on TV here, which is set in Salvador, the cradle of Afro-Brazilian culture. And there were many complaints by Brazilians that there are hardly any black roles in that telenovela, which is absurd for Salvador.

Brazilians seem much more openly racist. There is little political correctness.

Just a year ago Marielle Franco was murdered because of her civil rights commitments.

Old 03-16-2019, 03:51 PM

73,013 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Racism is a regular topic in Brazilian telenovelas for a reason, but oddly the TV giant Globo is itself often accused of racism. Currently there is Segundo Sol on TV here, which is set in Salvador, the cradle of Afro-Brazilian culture. And there were many complaints by Brazilians that there are hardly any black roles in that telenovela, which is absurd for Salvador.

Brazilians seem much more openly racist. There is little political correctness.

Just a year ago Marielle Franco was murdered because of her civil rights commitments.
Brazil is a country with alot of contradictions. On one hand, so much of Brazilian culture stems from African influences. Brazil is a country where racial mixing has been commonplace. On the other hand, stuff like Marielle Franco being murdered, and the lack of Black roles in telenovas, that goes on too.

Old 03-16-2019, 04:30 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Can I not vote to raise your taxes? Or criminalize something you enjoy? Smoking? Drinking? Sugar? Import a million Muslims to live in your neighborhood? The military draft? Go to war? Take away your guns? Ban the import of some foreign product you like? Restrict your travel like we do with Cuba? Control what your kids learn in school? Drive up your cost-of-living? Drive down your wages? Restrict what kinds of cars you can drive? Dox you?

What can't the government do? What doesn't the government already control? And aren't I able to influence that government? Aren't we all in a small way affecting society? Doesn't your very existence on this planet change the world in some measurable way? Even if relatively minuscule?

And what if I was prone to violence? Or crime?

What causes crime? What causes violence? What effect does "mixing the races" have on crime rates? Do you think all this "mixing" might be what leads to people like the New Zealand shooter to go crazy? Might you or your family be next? Was his violence inevitable? Or provoked by how stupid the world has gotten?

If you were the government, and you were aiming at reducing crime and violence, would you promote more mixing? Or would you focus more on homogeneity? Aren't homogeneous countries far more peaceful? Most European countries have been highly homogeneous until recently. Has "diversity" made Sweden safer? Or anywhere else for that matter?

If you aren't provoking me to violence, might it just be someone else? Am I the only one who feels this way? Other than this forum and reddit, practically everyone I meet on the internet, and in real life, feels pretty much the same way as I do. Especially among young men who play a lot of video games.

Isn't the internet provoking a lot of this? What is it about the internet that seems to radicalize people?

Why do you want to share a country with me? Why are you so eager to have my vote cancel yours out? Why do you want to share a country with any of these people? Are you that brainwashed that you can't think for yourself?
Your vote is insignificant as is mine.

The fact is 95% of the things that matter are under either my control or nature's god. Democrats may tax me a bit and Republicans may mess with my SS a bit but the important things in life or basically free. Go through life educating yourself a bit and behaving in a respectable manner and you will be okay.

Stop worrying about things out of your control. Do worry about the things in your control.

Old 03-16-2019, 06:33 PM

2,660 posts, read 1,376,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
The increasing melanization of America, take 23 on this forum.

How did the Roman Empire destroy itself? By diluting it's people and culture, nuff said.
Big Trump supporter, I take it?

Old 03-16-2019, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Sorry, you only think you know what makes other people happy. Most people don't think and feel the way you do, obviously.
What did I say that wasn't factual and/or scientific? Are people getting less happy? Why?

I remember reading a comment one time that said something like, "If you asked a kid what would make him happy, he would answer something like 'Ice cream at every meal' or 'endless amounts of candy'. But let us pretend for a moment he were actually granted what he wanted, would he be happier?"

People behave in self-destructive ways in all the time in pursuit of their own happiness. And people believe all kinds of things that aren't true. Why should I care what people think? I only care about what is true.

Quote:
So, you are angry when you see hopeful people. Well, maybe they just don't share your pessimism. Being optimistic doesn't mean being unaware of problems. Most people try to be happy and good people.
Let me ask you then, should you be optimistic for the future?

Quote:
Couples are still happy when they become parents, the vast majority love their kids and everything is fine because people don't make their happiness depend on some illusion of a supposedly perfect world.
Do you think children are better-off today than they were in the past? What will life be like 50 years from now?

I am the first to admit that the world cannot be made perfect. But these same "helicopter" parents who want to protect their children from everything. And who are terrified of even the tiniest risks. Then criticize me for daring to mention the overwhelmingly poor outcomes of single-parent families, the increased risk of abuse from step-parents and other non-related people, or the extreme risk-factors of dating outside your race(the failure-rate of white/black couplings is nearly 100%).

If these liberals were actually consistent, they would be on my side. But for political reasons, and their own selfishness, they attack me as an "evil racist".

Quote:
leaving ancient Greece way behind in every way including morals.
The actual cycle of morals goes hand-in-hand with the success of a civilization. The richer the society is, the less-moral it is. And the strongest correlation for corruption, venality, and immorality, is the proportion of the people who live in cities. All cities are centers of debauchery.

The highest-degree of morality would come from a world of self-sufficient farmers.

"Those who labor in the earth are the chosen people of God, if ever he had a chosen people, whose breasts he has made his peculiar deposit for substantial and genuine virtue. It is the focus in which he keeps alive that sacred fire, which otherwise might escape from the face of the earth. Corruption of morals in the mass of cultivators is a phenomenon of which no age nor nation has furnished an example. It is the mark set on those, who not looking up to heaven, to their own soil and industry, as does the husbandman, for their subsistence, depend for it on the casualties and caprice of customers. Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition. This, the natural progress and consequence of the arts, has sometimes perhaps been retarded by accidental circumstances: but, generally speaking, the proportion which the aggregate of the other classes of citizens bears in any state to that of its husbandmen, is the proportion of its unsound to its healthy parts, and is a good-enough barometer whereby to measure its degree of corruption." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
While current governments are of course far from perfect, a world without government and laws would be a recipe for catastrophe.
This is a complicated issue. And while I agree with you to a degree, might it be possible that much of the supposed dangers of "anarchy" are overblown? And that "those in power" just want to scare you, since anarchy is hostile to their interests?

What would Wal-mart, Exxon, General Motors, Boeing, McDonald-Douglass, or any of the rest of them stand to gain from anarchy?

Don't you find it strange that the biggest criticism of things like "anarcho-capitalism" is that it would supposedly be completely dominated by multinational corporations, and yet corporations want absolutely nothing to do with anarcho-capitalism?

If you followed my thought process from my earlier comments, it should be obvious why I hate governments. Because in simple-terms, cities cannot exist without government. And Lady-Liberty can only breath in the countryside, among independent and moral men.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 03-16-2019 at 08:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies