Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: LGBTQ community, which political party are you with?
Republican 19 34.55%
Democrat 23 41.82%
Other 13 23.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 12:39 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,119,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
I recognized a few of them. While I'm not sure this poll is representative of the CDP&OC LGBTQ+ population, I think the LGBTQ+ population here skews white, male, and cisgender, so it might be a little more Republican than the whole.
I identify as a sassy black female lesbian that is soley attracted to petite pale white girls! Who is anyone to question how anyone else identifies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2019, 01:03 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Kevin Hart in 2016 was still many times wealthier and more famous than Robertson was. He was plenty famous outside of the black community then. Still, even for the sake of argument, even if he wasn't that well known outside of the black community in 2012 (I don't argue against this point), he was definitely plenty famous in the immediate years leading up to the Oscars, and yet it took him being named as the host of the Oscars for the left to feign outrage. Again, there were still years that passed between when Hart became more well known in white circles and when he was announced as Oscars host. Yet, he was allowed to continue earning tens of millions of dollars (unchallenged for his hate speech) on tour, at the box office, and from television. Still, I'll just repeat (as it is mind-boggling to me) that Hart wasn't even "punished" for his remarks in that he chose to not host the Oscars.
Thats still a retroactive argument, as the tweets werent from 2016, they were from 2012.

Kevin Hart has 38,000 tweets. You are expecting people to not only follow him, but to have read each one to know what he said, and be able to pin point it 4 years in the past.

Your entire argument hinges on assuming "the left" paid attention to those particular tweets, and simply ignored them for 7 years.

Something you cant prove and isnt even close to being true. I for example know who Kevin Hart is, but have never once followed him on Twitter. Yet by your logic, I gave him a pass simply because he is famous and I should have known what he said.

Quote:
Robertson's case was headline news for a while, too (that was just a brief sampling of stories that I provided). And the left fund-raised off of his "hate," too. You won't see them doing that for Hart.
Republicans fundraised off Robertson too. But obviously the left isnt going to fund raise off of Hart since we dont support him.

The right did support Robertson, and that is indeed worse, as they still do support him.

Hence, why your logic here of claiming the Hart situation is worse. Clearly Hart is shunned by the left, Robertson is not.

Hart atleast made a half-#%$ apology, Robertson never did.

Hart whether you like it or not atleast attempted to make amends, Robertson never did and the right wing love him for it.

You being OK with the right wing's response to robertson is the definition of a double standard.

Last edited by dsjj251; 03-01-2019 at 01:18 PM..

Old 03-01-2019, 01:05 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
LOL, I guess, but it's disrespectful to the poster who started the thread.
I 100% agree.

it is entirely possible that some of these posters are part of the LGBT community and just never mention it. I dont mention my own sexuality so i include myself in that.

Old 03-01-2019, 01:16 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I 100% agree.

it is entirely possible that some of these posters are part of the LGBT community and just never mention it. I dont mention my own sexuality so i include myself in that.
Rocko has posted about his wife or girlfriend, so at least some of these posters are posers.

Old 03-01-2019, 02:24 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,642,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Rocko has posted about his wife or girlfriend, so at least some of these posters are posers.
Some people here are possibly bisexual. I’m not suggesting that this particular poster is, because I don’t know.

Old 03-01-2019, 03:12 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmotorsport64 View Post
looking at the poll, i have strong reason to believe that some of these newly out of the closet republican posters weren’t gay until now
👍👍👍👍👍

Old 03-01-2019, 03:28 PM

26,496 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Both the Democrat and Republican parties are right authoritarian on the political compass. Very little difference between the two. Not much out there that really believes in liberty.

Sanders is the closest thing to a centrist.
Your political compass must be a total joke.

Fidel Castro who killed his own people for thoughts and demanded Khrushchev use nukes with the missile crisis is not authoritarian?!?!?! For years Castro had LGBTQ people killed and tortured. But rather Castro is more libertarian than Obama or Bush, etc...?!?!?!?!

Old 03-01-2019, 09:54 PM

2,388 posts, read 2,340,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
They are the owners of a very successful small business, and their primary concern when voting has always been how the results will affect their finances.
And they aren't the only ones. For some reason leftists/Dems on here and elsewhere think that social issues>>>economics and personal safety. No it doesn't. I don't care about Pence's personal opinion on gays; no he doesn't hate them(don't buy into that conversion therapy myth; he said anyone should be allowed to do it if there was an option) and even if he did and came out publicly to crack harsh homophobic disses on the campaign trail, I'd still vote for him over the dem if he was the GOP nominee.

Old 03-01-2019, 10:01 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,210,944 times
Early 30s gay guy here. I lean liberal but I am disgusted by some things that the far left espouses or tolerates. Slightly more so the far right. I hate corruption and think it afflicts (slash benefits) Democrats more so than Republicans, generally speaking. I hate bigotry and small-mindedness and think it afflicts Republicans more so than Democrats. I don’t like Donald Trump. I don’t like Nancy Pelosi. I have my own views and refuse to be pigeon-holed into a stereotype. I call things as I see them. I think there are major problems in this country that neither side is willing or able to fix.

Old 03-01-2019, 11:55 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,925,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I know many LGBT people, and I am gay myself. I am curious to know your political party?
The media conflates being gay with liberal but I don't know.

I know a couple gay people here in Louisiana who are otherwise very Republican just like other most non-black people here. They openly support the police, they complain about illegal immigration and want the wall built, and some of them have Confederate flags at home and like most other non-black people are outraged over efforts to remove Confederate monuments. They also complain about Obamacare and the culture of welfare dependency in the inner city and support gun rights. They tend to still like Trump because Trump seriously is NOT trying to re-fight the gay marriage battle and he's never talked much about gay marriage anyway. Around here even people who are more socially liberal are still politically conservative about gun rights, taxes, law enforcement, illegal immigration, etc.

Also remember that the groups liberals want to welcome into AMerica - Muslims and Hispanics - tend to be homophobic and sexist cultures.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies