Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: LGBTQ community, which political party are you with?
Republican 19 34.55%
Democrat 23 41.82%
Other 13 23.64%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 06:35 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,122,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Most gays are Democrats. What they don't realize is Democrats are pro-Muslim, the religion that kills gays.
Really sad, honestly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2019, 07:10 PM

3,877 posts, read 3,896,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
If you're that weak then you habve mental problems...gay or not has nothing to do with it!
The stupid post of the year award goes to you. Your screen name implies United States Marine corps. I was a Marine, and Marines have a very very high suicide rate does that make them weak? No it does not! I suggest you learn some self awareness, and ability to empathize with the plight of others. I hope you're not a current or former Marine as your post literally pisses on the grave of so many brave men out there. Suicide has nothing to do with weakness it has to do with us failing those who feel like they have no options in Life. I pray you never have one of your children or someone close to you die in a suicide.

70% of all suicides in the US are white males does that imply that white males are inheritly "weak" I think not.

Old 03-06-2019, 07:22 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,120,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
The stupid post of the year award goes to you. Your screen name implies United States Marine corps. I was a Marine, and Marines have a very very high suicide rate does that make them weak? No it does not! I suggest you learn some self awareness, and ability to empathize with the plight of others. I hope you're not a current or former Marine as your post literally pisses on the grave of so many brave men out there. Suicide has nothing to do with weakness it has to do with us failing those who feel like they have no options in Life. I pray you never have one of your children or someone close to you die in a suicide.

70% of all suicides in the US are white males does that imply that white males are inheritly "weak" I think not.
Suicides absolutely show an inability to deal with the situation!

Old 03-26-2019, 09:09 PM

10 posts, read 4,569 times
Since the 1970's, Democrats have generally worked to support gay rights while the GOP have overwhelmingly wanted to deny gay people rights b/c of religious nonsense. In 1980, The Dem. party was the first major party to endorse gay rights on their platform plank. During the rest of the 1980's Ron Reagan couldn't even utter the word "gay" and refused to provide $$ for AIDS funding as millions of gay men died. In 1975, Bella Azbug - a Dem, introduced the very first gay rights bill. It failed but worth noting that ALL Republicans opposed it.

Gay marriage - Happened 100% b/c of the Democrats. The GOP tried to block it at every turn. Now we have GOP politicos in TX trying to pass more laws to make it 100% legal for Doctors, psychotherapists, attorneys and others to refuse service to gay people because...you know, the religion??

If a gay person has a fever and is throwing up, how does the bible thumper Dr.'s rights get infringed upon b/c the patient is gay? The patient isn's asking to marry him/her - just treat their symptoms!! So, long answer - THIS is why most gay people are Democrats. The GOP is OBSESSED with destroying gay peoples lives.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:19 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,094,590 times
Pretty sure dems love the gays because it provides ample job security for therapists, along with the pharmaceutical industry. Dems sure love calling everything a mental illness so they can take their liberal arts courses, and become therapists or pharmacists.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:23 PM

10 posts, read 4,569 times
I hate when Republicans use that line that gays should hate Democrats b/c they support Muslims. First, most Democrats I know are not trying to recruit Muslims and certainly not trying to recruit them to come to the US and kill gay people.

Second, you use that line to suggest that "Gay people should be happy if they are treated like crap here b/c they could be killed somewhere else!" Really? Your wife/sister/mother could be gagged and raped there, too. ' Non sequitur.

Should I say that if you like Trump you probably would like to see your wife/daughter sexually assaulted b/c Trump promotes that sort of thing?

Lastly, gay marriage has been legal in most regions of Mexico for some time now. I am third generation Mexican and my girlfriend and I lived in a neighborhood in LA that was 90% Latino and never had any problems with anyone and we always had our gay - male and female friends over.

Its the rednecks in the US I'm more concerned about.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:26 PM

1,415 posts, read 1,094,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinstar View Post
I hate when Republicans use that line that gays should hate Democrats b/c they support Muslims. First, most Democrats I know are not trying to recruit Muslims and certainly not trying to recruit them to come to the US and kill gay people.

Second, you use that line to suggest that "Gay people should be happy if they are treated like crap here b/c they could be killed somewhere else!" Really? Your wife/sister/mother could be gagged and raped there, too. ' Non sequitur.

Should I say that if you like Trump you probably would like to see your wife/daughter sexually assaulted b/c Trump promotes that sort of thing?

Lastly, gay marriage has been legal in most regions of Mexico for some time now. I am third generation Mexican and my girlfriend and I lived in a neighborhood in LA that was 90% Latino and never had any problems with anyone and we always had our gay - male and female friends over.

The rural areas are more traditional, ie machismo. That's why they have a contempt for openly gay men.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:26 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,400,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robinstar View Post

Rednecks are 1 of my favorite White American stereotypes. I am a White guy, BTW.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:51 PM

574 posts, read 382,791 times
Most people I know and myself (including a lesbian peer at university) are in the third party category. I told her about libertarianism awhile ago, and she found out that she was one all along. The two parties claim to care about many social and fiscal issues but I have no reason to believe that its genuine at this point

Old 03-27-2019, 12:56 AM

3,850 posts, read 2,227,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay F View Post
Most gays are Democrats.
I doubt this. Assuming homosexuality is randomly distributed, it shouldn't correlate with any political identity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies