Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 06:41 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Whoa. Nixon effectively extended the vietnam war to win his election. He efffectively murdered thousands of US soldiers for political gain.

https://www.pri.org/stories/2017-01-...ar-peace-talks

And Deans main contribution was the world finding out about the audio tapes. Which you can listen too! Nixon was dirty. Just like Trump.

i never said nixon was saint, far from it. but he was better than LBJ who expanded the vietnam from us providing advisors, to us putting troops on the ground, and continuously adding troops the entire time he was in office.

nixon was trying to get us out of that war with honor. he forced the north to the peace table several times to get an end to the war.

and i never said dean was not truthful in his testimony, but he did lie through his teeth through most of his testimony. including telling congress that the operation was authorized by nixon and that he knew about it up front, which was the biggest lie. granted nixon did cover up the operation, but only AFTER it had gone down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2019, 10:06 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,162,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Is there an increase in CD of people claiming they never voted for Trump? Then who did they vote for? Just did not vote? Well, that would be dumb, because you got him elected anyway.
I just heard on the radio (NPR of course) a woman call and say yes, she voted for Trump but she has soured on him. But not her husband, he is still a supporter.
If you have any common sense, don't come up with screwball plans that would bankrupt the country, if you have always known which bathroom to use, then Trump is the ONLY game in town......

Old 03-02-2019, 12:06 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
I don't know any Democrats who are still Hillary supporters.
So the best decision was made in 2016, and it looks like 2020 will be a repeat. The spacecadets and dingbats recently sent to The House may not be running for President, but they will prevent moderates from joining the Democrat team.
Yeah..its Hillary(ous) that liberals throw a childish tantrum any time someone brings up that 2 time loser. They start screaming and throwin a hissyfit "claiming" they have moved on..

Old 03-02-2019, 03:47 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,086,259 times
https://apple.news/ALqpwUo99QwSVeKP5Mq5fZw

Old 03-02-2019, 03:53 PM

25,436 posts, read 9,793,288 times
Quote:
So the best decision was made in 2016, and it looks like 2020 will be a repeat. The spacecadets and dingbats recently sent to The House may not be running for President, but they will prevent moderates from joining the Democrat team.
I agree with your first sentence. I never was a Hillary supporter.
I take exception to your second sentence though. I would most definitely have wanted Hillary in the White House over Trump.

Old 03-02-2019, 03:59 PM

5,066 posts, read 2,274,358 times
Quote:
Didn't vote for him in '16.
Will vote for him in '20.
He has kept all the promises that he could.

That's me, most likely. I guess it might depend a little on what the next two years brings, and who the Democrat candidate is, but for now I'm thinking it'll be a vote for Trump.

One of the biggest things that gets overlooked is that the media and some very vocal leftists may have shamed some Trump voters into silence, but once those people enter the privacy of the voting booth, all the name-calling and shaming in the world isn't going to make them change their vote.

Old 03-02-2019, 05:31 PM

999 posts, read 553,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Many people don't like to admit they were wrong.
It comes down to this for a lot of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
It would take truly devastating revelations to peel off these supporters, and quite likely, those revelations won't materialize before November 2020.
Nothing will change the minds of his hardcore supporters. They worship him. It's sick. This guy could rape and murder a small child in public and they'd say the left drove him to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
the polls say 10% of those who voted for him last time will not vote for him next time. Im not sure Pence could do better. We disagree about him, but the stats seem to support that he wont win. It will really be dependent on what occurs between now and then. Its way too early to call it
Yeah, not to mention how the midterms went.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
President Trump loves America. That gave him a huge advantage over the leftist Dem candidates from the get go. Not to mention all his other wonderful qualities
LMAO. God, this is hilarious. I'm laughing so hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
If you have any common sense, don't come up with screwball plans that would bankrupt the country, if you have always known which bathroom to use, then Trump is the ONLY game in town......
Ah, gotta love the bigotry.

Old 03-02-2019, 05:50 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,086,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
That's me, most likely. I guess it might depend a little on what the next two years brings, and who the Democrat candidate is, but for now I'm thinking it'll be a vote for Trump.

One of the biggest things that gets overlooked is that the media and some very vocal leftists may have shamed some Trump voters into silence, but once those people enter the privacy of the voting booth, all the name-calling and shaming in the world isn't going to make them change their vote.
That’s exactly right. I don’t discuss politics at all outside of this forum as it’d be pointless and just cause arguments with many liberal friends or associates. They go beserk daily about anything Trump. Constantly posting and tweeting about his latest fiasco , at least in their minds. In my circle about a third of us are Trump supporters and we all know who we are and silently give each other the eye when the political bashing starts. We keep our lips zipped. Too volatile to do otherwise. I suspect others do the same to keep the peace and will vote accordingly at the polls.

Old 03-02-2019, 07:20 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,138,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb2008 View Post
Is there an increase in CD of people claiming they never voted for Trump? Then who did they vote for? Just did not vote? Well, that would be dumb, because you got him elected anyway.
I just heard on the radio (NPR of course) a woman call and say yes, she voted for Trump but she has soured on him. But not her husband, he is still a supporter.
Interesting question. I'm quite sure that if things progress against Trump, many people who voted for him will claim they didn't. It will be hard in real life though, because they probably touted him to their friends.

It's like, after JKF was killed, thousands of people claimed to have voted for him who didn't.

Old 03-02-2019, 07:36 PM

35,000 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
I consider AOC to be a national treasure, not a dingbat or space cadet if that's what you're referring to. As for the Green New Deal I don't want the earth being heated up and destroyed by cow (presumably bull as well) flatulence. In that connection I knocked about four inches of climate change off my car this morning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies