Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 09:18 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Ya know what is funny?

The SJW crowd can keep their nice filtered pro left discussions going on the official site and simply NOT USE THE PLUGIN! Not using the plugin means they do not have to see the thing that makes them triggered.
True, but for some of the SJW types just knowing that outlet for wrong thinkers is out there is enough to trigger them even if they are not seeing it. Which is funny enough in its own way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2019, 09:18 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,781,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
No it's a plug in for your browser that allows you to comment on articles with other people who have the app. You open an article and instead of commenting on the website's commenting section you click on the app and comment there, where it will be visible by anyone else who has the app. If it catches on it will be a useful tool for discussing articles outside of the narrow acceptable limits of the big tech and big media sites.
So it pulls the content to the other site then allows comments there?

Old 03-01-2019, 09:23 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Yes it is.

But then again, that's just MY opinion, for what it's worth.
You expressed your opinions in another thread where I spent some time addressing your opinions...

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...g-america.html

... and you never returned. This another one of those "drive by" comments where you just shoot from the hip and never look back?

Don't get me wrong. You are certainly not alone in this respect. Regardless the forum or topic, seems more often than not we are far more inclined to give opinion, "talk," rather than share opinion, "listen." Ain't that just like most of us humans? Anyone not agree?

Old 03-01-2019, 09:25 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Ya know what is funny?

The SJW crowd can keep their nice filtered pro left discussions going on the official site and simply NOT USE THE PLUGIN! Not using the plugin means they do not have to see the thing that makes them triggered.
I'm not a conservative, but I've noticed something far more likely among conservatives in this forum, and that's the use of the ignore feature. Ironic in light of your sentiments, don't you think?

Old 03-01-2019, 09:26 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
True, but for some of the SJW types just knowing that outlet for wrong thinkers is out there is enough to trigger them even if they are not seeing it. Which is funny enough in its own way.
Too bad so sad.

We disagree more than we agree buuuuut.
I bet neither of us is going to spend tonight stewing that we disagree and how can [Pogue/Otto] be so wrong.

Old 03-01-2019, 09:31 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,833,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
So it pulls the content to the other site then allows comments there?
Nah - they host the comments on some gab server and then map them to the identifying info of whatever page you are currently looking at, then they can filter out everything but the comments from the database that match the identifying info of whatever page you are currently looking at and, finally, push it into a browser overlay you installed via plugin. It IS actually a pretty clever idea and I expect it will get ripped off by more mainstream platforms pretty quickly, since not everyone wants to post on 4chan.

A pretty simple idea too I could probably knock something up doing the same thing in a couple days or so.

Old 03-01-2019, 09:32 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,752,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I'm not a conservative, but I've noticed something far more likely among conservatives in this forum, and that's the use of the ignore feature. Ironic in light of your sentiments, don't you think?
Ignore, as opposed to "try to get banned". SJW's aren't content to ignore someone they don't like, they need to make sure nobody else hears what they have to say either.

Old 03-01-2019, 09:33 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
No, it overlays site you are viewing. It's not on page but as close as you could get. It's actually quite a good idea. Let's say you have website page that has no option for comments, you'd be able to comment on it through this. I can tell you right now there is a bunch of other companies wishing they had thought of it.
it really is a neat idea. gonna have to check it out.

Quote:
Ya know what is funny?

like this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
This is fantastic news.
Now, legitimate comment sections won't be filled with retargabbers trying to voice their stupid opinions.
They will have their own place, where they can work together to comment on, and try to understand simple news stories, without bothering the rest of us.

The GAB founders are doing real good work.

Old 03-01-2019, 09:34 AM

5,717 posts, read 3,146,486 times
Quote:
Ya know what is funny?

It gets even funnier. As the more moderate people get sick of the censorship and start shifting over to uncensored alternatives, like dissenter, the leftist echo chamber will just get increasingly solidified and mis-informed with fewer alternative view points for them to consider.

Old 03-01-2019, 09:34 AM

22,661 posts, read 24,599,374 times
Yeah, I have doubts about totally-free speech with GAB.............maybe freer, but limited also.

When I think of a truly free platform, I would say it lets any and all speech, that is not illegal, be and stay posted, without censorship. CLEARLY libelous-posts, that are a civil-violation, would be an exception.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies