Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2019, 06:54 AM

3,372 posts, read 1,564,721 times

Advertisements

Unfortunately I can see a lot of violence leading up to the election and after the election results. The media has accomplished their goal of creating a frenzied state. They have so many of the masses worked up over misinformation and disinformation that a lot of people are really on edge. The media will love nothing more than to cover the fallout.....

Hopefully people will come to their senses before it gets too nasty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2019, 08:30 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
At a moment when the country has never seemed angrier, two political commentators from opposite sides of the divide concurred last week on one point, nearly unthinkable until recently: The country is on the verge of “civil war.”

First came former U.S. attorney Joseph diGenova, a Fox News regular and ally of President Trump. “We are in a civil war,” he said. “The suggestion that there’s ever going to be civil discourse in this country for the foreseeable future is over. . . . It’s going to be total war.”

The next day, Nicolle Wallace, a former Republican operative turned MSNBC commentator and Trump critic, played a clip of diGenova’s commentary on her show and agreed with him — although she placed the blame squarely on the president.

Trump, she said, “greenlit a war in this country around race. And if you think about the most dangerous thing he’s done, that might be it.”
Speaking to conservative pundit Laura Ingraham, diGenova summed up his best advice to friends: “I vote, and I buy guns. And that’s what you should do.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...57b_story.html

We have often talked about this here in the past yet I keep wondering if we’re getting closer to a civil war.
Not just because Trumps is president, but because I personally can’t remember a time when this country was so divided. Other then the actual Civil War.

We keep telling each other that we’re in a media civil war of sorts yet the statement from Ingraham has me wondering.
The leftest media ignited the country around race long ago and boobus fell for it.
Black UE is way down so there's going to be a race civil war?

And none of this was round when Obama was president?

I've put more thought into popping microwave popcorn than the thought you put into this.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:52 PM

16,069 posts, read 10,726,642 times
The country is not all that divided...there are extremists on both ends that would like to see the other side silenced. Most people aren't there. We have a growing problem with domestic terrorism and hate crimes fueled by the rhetoric and tweets we encounter every day and what seems to be disrespect for the rule of law. Any attempt to start a civil war would probably be over in a couple hours.

Old 03-07-2019, 03:05 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
In related news.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/j...ng-to-america/

Old 05-01-2019, 09:26 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,089,707 times
All anyone who wonders why there may be a fight needs to do is re-read this thread, mainly some of the posts by left leaning 'progressive' folk. The hardly veiled hatred, accusations of racism, belittling of gun owners, etc.

Old 05-01-2019, 09:33 AM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
All anyone who wonders why there may be a fight needs to do is re-read this thread, mainly some of the posts by left leaning 'progressive' folk. The hardly veiled hatred, accusations of racism, belittling of gun owners, etc.
Ya, but we are used to it. It's been that way for at least 10 years.

Old 05-01-2019, 09:42 AM

2,923 posts, read 977,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teddyearp View Post
There will be no fight. They will continue to manipulate the herd using their propaganda outlets. A state may pull away eventually but I think that's a ways down the road.

Old 05-01-2019, 09:52 AM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
I see the possibility of the country splitting up into two countries or more, but not necessarily the possibility of actual shots being fired.

Old 05-01-2019, 09:57 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Ah yes, the white conservative gun owner's ultimate wet dream.

Old 05-01-2019, 09:58 AM

2,923 posts, read 977,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
I see the possibility of the country splitting up into two countries or more, but not necessarily the possibility of actual shots being fired.
I agree. The soy infused ones will not fight. Their violent wing Antifa will quickly disperse once they realize they can't just ambush people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies