Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 08:34 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,869,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I still don’t understand what “be best” is.
She tried to plagiarize Michelle Obama's "Be Better" campaign, but due to her lack of English skills she botched it. Oh, if only she had spent some time during her decades in this country to try to learn the language. Too bad she couldn't be bothered. So much for the right's cries that immigrants need to assimilate. I guess that only applies to brown people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2019, 08:42 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,803,785 times
It is likely that the people Melania talks with the most are her parents and her son. Hence, the reason why her English skills are so awkward after 20 years.

To be fair, she does't speak much better Italian or French.

A guy who really does speak five languages analyzed whether she can speak either French or Italian.

John Aravosis analyzed two clips of her speaking to French and Italian children.

In both , she uses a couple stock, guidebook phrases, "Hello. My name is, ..." and then switches to English.

At the Italian hospital, even one of the few Italian phrases she uses is incorrect. In the background you can hear someone translating her English. Why didn't she just speak in Italian. She is fluent in it, no?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxbe...ature=youtu.be

Though why someone didn't advise her to name her campaign "Be the Best," is beyond me. Even though she doesn't speak English all that well, certainly she has someone around her who does.

Old 03-11-2019, 08:53 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,167,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seeriously View Post
What exactly is 'Be Best'? Its not a sentence, that's for sure. And you can bet she didnt steal it from Michelle Obama. Its unique to herself.
Michelle Obama speaks in complete sentences, uses proper tense and agreement, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I'm old enough to remember when Obama sat in the White House and people on the left kept screeching that "family is off limits".

Did you all forget?
I'm old enough to remember poor teenage Chelsea Clinton not being "off limits" to the likes of Rush Limbaugh and his ignorant, classless ilk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
why are unsuccessful, unattractive women always green with jealousy of those who are successful and attractive. Is it insecurity or primal?
What success has Melania Trump (who I agree is a beautiful woman) achieved other than marrying a rich man?

Old 03-11-2019, 08:54 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,956,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Anyone who has posed nude in a centerfold is trash. Wouldn't want my kids thinking this lady is a role model.
Why? What's wrong with posing nude? Are we supposed to be ashamed of our bodies? Inquiring minds want to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies