Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2019, 12:30 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Years ago, I had someone pull out in front of me, and it damaged the front of my car, the insurance company came out and went over it with a fine toothed comb and came up with a $3500. estimate to get my car back to normal...

I was able to repair the car fully for under $400. (everything that was damaged was repaired or replaced too).
So you committed insurance fraud?

When I filed a claim I had to get estimates and forward them to the insurance company along with the photos, etc. The company then would go with the lowest estimate. If they thought something was off with the estimate they would come and look at the damage for themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2019, 12:36 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
So you committed insurance fraud?

When I filed a claim I had to get estimates and forward them to the insurance company along with the photos, etc. The company then would go with the lowest estimate. If they thought something was off with the estimate they would come and look at the damage for themselves.
Lol, that is not insurance fraud. The company appraised and determined the dollar amount of the damage, if you happen to get it fixed cheaper, that is all on you, nothing to do with the insurance company, and there is no requirement to even fix the damage. You can just pocket the money if you want to.

My last wreck I fixed it myself (except the paint, had a body shop do that), cost a fraction of what the insurance paid out.

Old 03-04-2019, 12:43 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
deleted

Old 03-04-2019, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Tell me how an adjuster can come out and look at a property and declare SEVENTEEN MILLION in damage but not remember any of the details? That much damage in rural America would wipe out several blocks of homes. That much damage, even in a high end resort in Florida would amount to massive destruction yet the adjuster barely remembers it?

I could certainly see where and adjuster errors on the high side to make sure the customer is happy and can get repairs done. In this case all the evidence indicates the damage was minor. So lets be generous and offer a million bucks to clean up do needed repairs. Insurance companies just don't offer you 50 grand to fix your car that has a bent fender.

It just seems there is money passing under the table here for some reason and its not to repair some tapestry.
Dont know. Why hasn't the insurance company, which one was it?, provided their documentation from the claims adjuster. Again, this is 14 years old. If there were suspected fraud why hasn't someone brought it up before now.

Old 03-04-2019, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Lol, that is not insurance fraud. The company appraised and determined the dollar amount of the damage, if you happen to get it fixed cheaper, that is all on you, nothing to do with the insurance company, and there is no requirement to even fix the damage. You can just pocket the money if you want to.

My last wreck I fixed it myself (except the paint, had a body shop do that), cost a fraction of what the insurance paid out.
Yet the insurance company in Trumps case appraised and determined the dollar amount of damage (or at least approved the assessment), he was legally allowed to pocket the money and people are yelling fraud.

Where is the difference in your case and his?

Old 03-04-2019, 01:14 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Yet the insurance company in Trumps case appraised and determined the dollar amount of damage (or at least approved the assessment), he was legally allowed to pocket the money and people are yelling fraud.

Where is the difference in your case and his?
I have no information about his case to make such a determination. But from the information I do have, there is no fraud.

Old 03-04-2019, 01:31 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
all numbers i'd love to see ( and obviously don't have access to ). all we know now is that there were zero permits filed with the local building dept. ( any repairs over $3,000 require a permit by local law ).
1. You didn't mention business interruption.

2. You didn't state the local law correctly.

Old 03-04-2019, 01:36 PM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
Well, either Trump lied about getting the money (we all know Trump never lies) or he did get FAR more money than required to repair relatively minor damage.
Everything after your "or" is empty speculation.

Although a big step up from accusing 2 non-political civilians of fraud by name in a public forum for which you could be sued. (and likely the forum owners as well)

Doxxing people you have zero proof of doing anything wrong because you don't like Trump? Wow, have you no sense of decency? That's pizza parlor basement territory there Alex Jones.

Old 03-04-2019, 01:39 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Seriously now, one needs to be a complete dolt to support this thief who would rip anyone off in a heartbeat and that mean YOU!

Socialize the losses privatize the profits.
Typical.

Old 03-04-2019, 01:45 PM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
You think that that $17,000 was ALL from money he, and he alone, paid into the insurance pool?

Just so you know, I'd laugh at you but this sort of ignorance is more sad than funny.
Are you under the impression that, should other people require payouts from this insurance company, they will be unable to because there is no more money in the pool because Trump took it all?

Still laughing btw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies