Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2019, 03:11 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,025 times

Advertisements

Liars, Hoaxes and Chats Oh My!

Lies and phony defense of lies, oh my!

Trump told reporters, on March 8th, that Democrats “have become an anti-Jewish party”. During a speech to Republican donors at his Mar-a-Lago club that night, Trump reportedly went even further and said “the Democrats hate Jewish people.”

The truth is, the Democratic Party as a whole has made fighting anti-Semitism and other hate speech broadly central to its ideology — especially as Republicans, including Trump, have in campaign messaging defended white nationalists and employed anti-Semitic speech and dog whistles.

On March 11th, the Monday after Trump's outright slander, White House press secretary Sarah Sanders was repeatedly challenged to defend what Trump said.

Questions such as “yes or no — does the president truly believe that Democrats hate Jews?”
"Does he really believe Democrats hate Jews?” "Why did he say that?"

No comment, I am not going to comment, no comment were her responses.

However, “The president — correct me if I’m wrong, has not condemned Steve King,” a reporter noted. “Even when he praised white supremacy, and pushed anti-Semitic conspiracy theories." Sanders resorted to suggesting Trump has denounced King to her in private, even if he hasn’t done so publicly.“I speak on behalf of the president on a number of topics,” she said.

I’m not going to comment was her continued reply when asked why Trump condemned Democrats and what did she believe he meant. Sanders referred further questions about Trump’s beliefs to the very people he’s demeaned....so typical. “I think that’s a question you ought to ask the Democrats,” she said. She also lied and said "I've already answered that question", a bit later in the news conference, when indeed she hadn't.

Toward the end of the briefing, CNN’s Jim Acosta asked Sanders if she would at least agree that Trump’s superheated rhetoric is “sort of beneath everybody.”

“Do you think that the president has thought at all, going into this 2020 campaign, that the rhetoric just needs to be lowered?” Acosta asked. “Whether it’s talking about Democrats, the media, immigrants — or should we just plan on hearing the president use the same kind of language that we heard in 2016, and all through the first couple years of this administration?”

Sanders replied with a drastic escalation by resorting to a false talking point about abortion and Democrats. Seriously, she went non-linear, IMO.

Sanders’s supercharged comments about Democrats and abortion marked the second time in a week she used that lie as a distraction. She said Democrats making wide-ranging document requests of people and entities associated with Trump are trying to obscure their" radical agenda of killing babies after they are born."

Sanders tried to justify Trump’s baseless comments about Democrats hating Jews with dodging, deflecting, and lies. Her comments indicate that while Democratic presidential hopefuls spend the next year or so mostly debating policy, Trump will be busy trying to demonize them as hateful baby murderers and "Jew Haters".( His words please note, not mine.)

Last edited by corpgypsy; 03-18-2019 at 04:19 PM..

Old 03-18-2019, 03:31 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Trump – the first full-time fertilizer president. He’s provided nothing but BS for the past two years and it appears that he sold it to a large number of his base. The problem isn’t Trump – it’s his base, the people who think he’s their special gift to the country. The nation has enough BS we don’t need more.

A-M-E-N!

Old 03-18-2019, 04:29 PM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corpgypsy View Post
Sanders tried to justify Trump’s baseless comments about Democrats hating Jews ....

have to love the irony when we get this post this morning from an avid trump supporter:

"SNL has always been liberal Jews demonstrating hatred towards white Christians..."

Old 03-18-2019, 05:00 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,219,689 times
This has aged really well

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...40516822855680

Old 03-18-2019, 06:31 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,088,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
And this from the guy who had non-existent investigators in Hawaii finding non-existent "proof" that Barack Obama is an illegal alien born in Kenya. "They cannot believe what they're finding". Trump probably tells about twenty lies in the morning before he even gets out of bed.

Old 03-19-2019, 07:08 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,648,066 times
Trump lies about his lies!!!

Old 03-19-2019, 11:03 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,081,658 times
Well, folks. This is where we are at in 2019. The president of the United States, using his platform as the most powerful and influential person on earth, to insult the husband of one of his highest ranking and most trusted advisors.

Like George Conway or not, Trump should not insult Kellyanne's husband publicly like this. But then again, has anything ever stopped him from insulting people before?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...83725034463232

Old 03-19-2019, 11:52 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,841,675 times
President Trump has every right to set the record straight. This ain't your mamma's President.

Old 03-19-2019, 11:58 AM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
And his supporters eat it up, all while waving the red white and blue and screaming about how a kneeling (black) football player is disrespecting the military.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."

No one really knows who to credit for this quote, but I can certainly appreciate what it means and share the concern!

Old 03-19-2019, 11:59 AM

26,562 posts, read 14,434,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
This ain't your mamma's President.

i'll agree with you there. my mother was intelligent and a good judge of character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies