Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2019, 07:47 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,084,700 times

Advertisements

Though Trump has repeatedly lied about Mueller, making up false accusations about him and calling him childish names....

Ty Cobb, Donald Trump's former White House attorney, says the Special Counsel investigation is NOT a witch hunt, and says Bob Mueller is "an American hero."

::EDIT:: GHQ beat me to it!

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/...33428973027328

Old 03-05-2019, 08:16 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,794,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
lmao ....insurance companies agree to damages, they visit the site and determine the damage and issue a check why is this even news to the miscreants?
Bingo. Insurance companies don't just hand out multi million dollar checks without an adjuster surveying the damage.
Did you listen to Cohen's open testimony in the house? He was asked by AOC " if the president ever provide inflated assets to an insurance company." Cohen "Yes." Names were named and I'm sure they will be invited to testify.

Insurance fraud is a serious problem, and so is tax fraud. My guess is Trump lied about both.

Old 03-05-2019, 08:18 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump is averaging 22 false or misleading claims a day. His CPAC sidewinder featured more than 100.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.21f9add11467

If each false and/or misleading claim had its own thread, where would there be room to discuss the college dancing of a new member of Congress or how Trump is sure to win in 2020?
More than 100 lies in 120 minutes. Now that's the work of a world-class liar.

Old 03-05-2019, 09:33 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
To be fair, they weren't all lies, some were merely "misleading."

Old 03-05-2019, 12:41 PM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
To be fair, they weren't all lies, some were merely "misleading."
I spent too much time in another thread this morning before checking in again on this one, and now I've got no more time, but your comment does remind me of a quote that I think is worth posting real quick every now and then when comments like yours inspire me to do so, as reminder...

"For the great enemy of truth is very often not the lie--deliberate, contrived and dishonest--but the myth--persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Too often we hold fast to the cliches of our forebears. We subject all facts to a prefabricated set of interpretations. We enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

https://www.jfklibrary.org/Research/...t-Address.aspx

Trump is prolific at both efforts. The lies, the myths, and what JFK describes as the "comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought" describes Trump supporters all too well these days...

Old 03-05-2019, 02:35 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I spent too much time in another thread this morning before checking in again on this one, and now I've got no more time, but your comment does remind me of a quote that I think is worth posting real quick every now and then when comments like yours inspire me to do so, as reminder...

"For the great enemy of truth is very often not the lie--deliberate, contrived and dishonest--but the myth--persistent, persuasive, and unrealistic. Too often we hold fast to the cliches of our forebears. We subject all facts to a prefabricated set of interpretations. We enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." -- JFK

Trump is prolific at both efforts. The lies, the myths, and what JFK describes as the "comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought" describes Trump supporters all too well these days...
Can’t argue with your post—
But Kennedy was pretty good at creating a myth around himself and so were the media and the people of the day...

There is a psychological definition for why people won’t acknowledge their mistakes—
Some people have it worse than others...

Old 03-05-2019, 03:06 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post

^^This^^^

"Comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought."

Precisely.

Old 03-05-2019, 03:54 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Just yesterday Trump said he would work with the investigations. Today the WH says not so fast. Trump lied again.

Let the lawsuits commence.

Old 03-05-2019, 06:40 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,368,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
lmao ....insurance companies agree to damages, they visit the site and determine the damage and issue a check why is this even news to the miscreants?

Its far more complex then that. Say I have water damage in my home. I have a painting of myself that I had some guy make. I then used my charity to bid it up to 60K when it went up for auction say. And I get some water damage to my painting of my dog. So I throw that painting away, put up the painting I had made for $50, pour water on it, and then call the inspector, show him the water damaged painting of me, and the receipts that show its worth 60K. Voila.

Old 03-05-2019, 06:52 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
But they're the best lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies