Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2020, 07:27 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Trump is the biggest China apologist in the country. They grant his daughter trademark protection for her goods, and manufacture everything with the Trump brand on it.
180 degrees from what I heard throughout 2019 when the trade fight was going on with China.

So the theme for 2020 is that he's best buds with China? No, can't be, it changes faster than that because he was a big meanie racist just a week ago by calling in the Chinese virus.

I've got light switches in my house that flip less frequently than some of the posters here.

Old 04-16-2020, 07:32 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,556,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
180 degrees from what I heard throughout 2019 when the trade fight was going on with China.

So the theme for 2020 is that he's best buds with China? No, can't be, it changes faster than that because he was a big meanie racist just a week ago by calling in the Chinese virus.

I've got light switches in my house that flip less frequently than some of the posters here.
No doubt, they seamlessly switch from parroting anti-American Chinese propaganda, to accusing Trump of supporting the Chinese, to bashing Trump for speaking out against the Chinese.

They have a pathological condition that causes them to reflexively take the opposite position no matter what Trump says. The result is him putting clown shoes on them over and over again, forcing them into bad takes and conflicting takes.

It's really sad to see and it just highlights the mental health crisis in this country.

Old 04-16-2020, 08:24 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,768,836 times
This is the natural progression of a cult. When things start to unravel the dear leader will ask members to sacrifice themselves.

Old 04-16-2020, 08:52 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,925,047 times
They did say that half of South Dakota's cases come from a single meatpacking facility that employs mostly illegal aliens. We should probably repatriate these illegals back to their countries of citizenship who should be responsible for caring for them.

Old 04-16-2020, 09:07 PM

16,078 posts, read 10,738,506 times
I don't see a die-off of typical Trumpers anytime soon. There are idiots that are pushing the risks and ignoring warnings and claiming Trump knows best. They will probably get sick and infect those in their immediate bubble but also others and healthcare workers. Some will die, but maybe not the ones that spread the disease.

Old 04-16-2020, 09:18 PM

2,324 posts, read 2,906,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The 7 states with the most cases all have Democrat Governors and have 75% of all US deaths from the virus. Rural areas account for a bout 2% of US deaths. So threadfail. Anyway, it was China's lies as well as our Fake News media and lying Dimocrats that are killing New York, Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Detroit, Illinois...
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
why have these Democrat Governors allowed this to happen?
exactly, governors in blue states should have been more prepared

Old 04-16-2020, 09:28 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This virus is still taking its course, do you think these lower density states on the tail end have some sort of special immunity. They have outbreaks in South Dakota and Nebraska, they are relatively small at the present time but we have seen this disease explode everywhere. So are these rural healthcare systems ready to handles an outbreak. Trump was asked a direct question regarding the ridiculous protest in Lansing, MI and he just couldn't bring himself to criticize their actions. I don't know why this needs to be a red state/ blue state issue but here we are.

Why is it so difficult for some of these republican governors to follow the advice of their own health experts.
Here's why, conservatives are more likely to be anti-science than liberals are. It happens with climate change. It is happening again with Covid-19. Conservatives act like the virus isn't as bad as it is and isn't as deadly. Doug Ducey, Gov of Arizona is not as anti-science and handled this OK though I think we were a little late to call "stay-at-home" and a Farce of essential businesses, but he was faster than Gov. DeSantis and the quack in South Dakota.

Old 04-16-2020, 09:39 PM

32,067 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The 7 states with the most cases all have Democrat Governors and have 75% of all US deaths from the virus. Rural areas account for a bout 2% of US deaths. So threadfail. Anyway, it was China's lies as well as our Fake News media and lying Dimocrats that are killing New York, Jersey, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Detroit, Illinois...
Florida is a hot mess because DeSantis didn't take this seriously sooner. He was waiting for Trump's lead. And look at what's happening with SD now. Do you think the republican governor is lying about all the corona virus cases. This virus is in every state and spreading.

Old 04-16-2020, 09:54 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
But the president? Does he get a pass? He did promise that he, alone, would fix it. The buck stops with the boss, no? So what proportion of the responsibility does he get in your book, alongside these “Democrat” governors?
Really? He said I and I alone will fix it?

If we didn't have states rights and independence from the Fed you would have a valid point. Trump flubbed that is without question, but who flubbed hardest?

Do I wait for the Fed to tell me to save Money? To have some food in my house? To keep a first aid kit? To have hand sanitizer?

Do I need the fed to tell me "hey of the 196 countries on the planet 190 have corona so we better take some individual responsibility and prepare our households the storm." NO. I see what's going on and do something.

The States have been warned many many times that a pandemic is not a matter of if but when. The states choked. The Fed spent billions. 10 billion a year just for the CDC.

New York? Well they decided that they didn't need no stinking ventilators. LOL. In fact New York City didn't even feel the need to lock down until it was an explosion of sick people.

All you folks saying but the fed should have would have spazzed out if the Fed came in and used the Military to enforce a lock down and social distancing measures.

Old 04-16-2020, 09:58 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Florida is a hot mess because DeSantis didn't take this seriously sooner. He was waiting for Trump's lead. And look at what's happening with SD now. Do you think the republican governor is lying about all the corona virus cases. This virus is in every state and spreading.
Is Florida a hot mess because of its leadership or because NY allowed their infected to travel at will?

The left screamed bloody murder when Florida singled out New York. PA should have and now they have a hot mess from the Buses and vans that went back and forth into plague city USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies