Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 08:53 AM

29,523 posts, read 22,680,154 times

Advertisements

Once again, Sikhs getting the short end of the stick in terms of ignorance.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...185451287.html

Quote:
Jessica Moore, a comedian who goes by the name Jess Hilarious, is under fire for recent posts claiming she felt “threatened” by four Sikh men boarding the same plane as her. The Rel actress was condemned for her “ignorant” remarks, but defended her feelings in since-deleted videos.

“F*** y’all, I feel how I feel. I felt threatened and that was it. F*** y’all,” she clapped back, adding, “I’m never f***ing racist, but I spotted something, and I put it out earlier and we just got evacuated from our plane.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2019, 08:59 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,569,361 times
She’s an idiot.

Old 03-19-2019, 09:01 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,917,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Once again, Sikhs getting the short end of the stick in terms of ignorance.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...185451287.html
She can feel however she wants, but that doesn't change the fact that she is incredibly ignorant.

Sikh people get this a lot, though. Which is pretty sad - they're a pretty peaceful people.

Old 03-19-2019, 09:08 AM

24,502 posts, read 17,255,259 times
This is a tough one for the Social Justice Warriors to ponder. A black woman judges and condemns 4 minority men due to their looks.. It's not racism but she saw them as potential terrorists due to their turbans so it is some type of "Ism"..

I thought the Left was supposed to be tolerant and accepting? I guess all that goes out the window when fear gets factored in.

This should be a lesson to every SJW out there, don't transmit your fears onto social media because you will be tried and judged in the court of public opinion.

Old 03-19-2019, 09:34 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,395,288 times
I have no idea who that woman is, and I'm glad. She's, evidently, pretty ignorant.

"I felt what I felt." Would that be her attitude if some white comedian talked about "feeling threatened" by 4 black men boarding a plane/subway car/walking down the street?

Old 03-19-2019, 09:37 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,458,676 times
Sikhs aren't even Muslim.

Old 03-19-2019, 09:39 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,569,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
This is a tough one for the Social Justice Warriors to ponder. A black woman judges and condemns 4 minority men due to their looks.. It's not racism but she saw them as potential terrorists due to their turbans so it is some type of "Ism"..

I thought the Left was supposed to be tolerant and accepting? I guess all that goes out the window when fear gets factored in.

This should be a lesson to every SJW out there, don't transmit your fears onto social media because you will be tried and judged in the court of public opinion.
Nice try. She’s an idiot.

Old 03-19-2019, 11:09 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,784,845 times
Not to defend her because she sounds like a moron, but the constant drumbeat of fear can have an impact.

Couple years ago I was on a flight from SFO to MSP. This man who appeared middle eastern sat down next to me, when he spoke to the attendant, he spoke with an accent. Something in the way back of the reptilian part of my brain started to ring. He ordered a double scotch and the first thought that entered my mind was, “Didn’t the 9/11 guys drink to fit in?”
Then another guy came in, and he was carrying two infants. Of course the flight attendants were oohing and ahhing over them so it took a second for him to clear the door and get to his seat. He was a middle aged white guy. Then he handed one of the babies to the guy sitting next to me, who instantly apologized for having the baby and any unpleasantness that could result. I said it was fine and that I had traveled with small kids myself and would understand.
He told me that he and his husband were flying to Minneapolis for thanksgiving to introduce their newly adopted twin daughters to their family. Then he ordered another double scotch, most likely fearing the babies flight behavior more then anyone else.

I laughed at myself for the rest of the flight for having the original thoughts I did. It was either that or admit I had just met the deepest undercover Muslim terrorist on he planet.

The problem isn’t always about having these kinds of thought, the challenge is how you react to them.

Old 03-19-2019, 11:20 AM

46,970 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Nice try. She’s an idiot.
Indeed. Part of racial equality is the right to call a moron a moron, no matter creed or color.

"..not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character..." - and the content of her character is lacking.

That was easy.

"I felt what I felt", yes. That's what you should be ashamed about.

Old 03-19-2019, 11:21 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,700,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
She’s an idiot.
She has quite a command of the English language, that is for sure ! She must be the female version of Lenny Bruce.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies