Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 05:26 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbear View Post
Yes that's right. It certainly looks very pleasant. And if it wasn't for the industrial revolution, all those Saber Tooth cats, Mastadons, and Columbian Mammoths that used to be here would still be flourishing. Darn it.
Do you realize how utterly stupid this sounds?

So tell me how our evolutionary ancestors survived without the industrial revolution?
Quote:
It kinda looks like the climate warms and cools, all by itself.
Here we go! Another typical denier who has no clue about how climate change works.
Quote:
Well if nothing else, you can claim that you're "morally right," like Occasional-Cortex, but I think katygirl is on to something......
Take it up with the person who made such claims.

You wasted a lot of time and space displaying your lack of knowledge and applauding people who don't even have a clue what they are talking about. China is going to "output" us. How utterly clueless does one have to be to not know that China is already "outputting" us?

CFS where not widespread in use. In fact by the early 1970s, CFCs were in widespread use, and worldwide production of the compounds had reached nearly one million tons per year, representing roughly a $500 million slice of the chemical industry.

Go ahead and wallow in other people's ignorance and those who don't even have their facts right, then go pat yourself on the back for it.

Yep...like attracts like.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2019, 11:06 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Do you realize how utterly stupid this sounds?

So tell me how our evolutionary ancestors survived without the industrial revolution?
Here we go! Another typical denier who has no clue about how climate change works.
Take it up with the person who made such claims.

You wasted a lot of time and space displaying your lack of knowledge and applauding people who don't even have a clue what they are talking about. China is going to "output" us. How utterly clueless does one have to be to not know that China is already "outputting" us?

CFS where not widespread in use. In fact by the early 1970s, CFCs were in widespread use, and worldwide production of the compounds had reached nearly one million tons per year, representing roughly a $500 million slice of the chemical industry.

Go ahead and wallow in other people's ignorance and those who don't even have their facts right, then go pat yourself on the back for it.

Yep...like attracts like.
You completely misconstrued what I said. I said while China and India continue their output. I never once said they aren’t doing that now. That was my point. Between them they have about three billion people, and they’re developed. The GND would destroy us and wouldn’t even accomplish its goal.

I’ve seen several supposed tipping points come and go. I think we have a bit more to time than 12 years.

Old 03-07-2019, 05:32 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
Life span going up has nothing to do with fossil fuel burning.

Look around you, everything you see was made possible with fossil fuels. They sent man to the moon, they have increased food production, they built the roads you drive one, they built your house and everything in ite, they built your doctors office, they built the hospital, they power the hospital, they built and powered the research lab used to produce the cure for you, they heat your home when it is too cold out, they cool your home when it is too hot out, the keyboards, monitor, computer and the infrastructure it utilizes to communicate on this forum.... fossil fuels.

Everything you know of whether it's a scientist in lab working on a cure for cancer or the gravel below the footers in your house requires energy most of which has been derived from fossil fuels.

Old 03-07-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
You completely misconstrued what I said. I said while China and India continue their output. I never once said they aren’t doing that now. That was my point. Between them they have about three billion people, and they’re developed. The GND would destroy us and wouldn’t even accomplish its goal.

I’ve seen several supposed tipping points come and go. I think we have a bit more to time than 12 years.
What about CFC's not being in widespread use before they were banned? Did I also misunderstand this claim you made.

Sure China is the biggest contributor to greenhouse gases...it's not rocket science especially since they have a population of 1.4 Billion people.

Interesting that the US is the second largest polluter behind China but our population is only 3 Million.

At least China is working to do something about it.

Study: China’s new policies will lower CO2 emissions faster, without preventing economic growth

A new study co-authored by an MIT professor shows that China’s new efforts to price carbon could lower the country’s carbon dioxide emissions significantly without impeding economic development over the next three decades.

Old 03-07-2019, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Look around you, everything you see was made possible with fossil fuels.
This is simply false.
Quote:
Everything you know of whether it's a scientist in lab working on a cure for cancer or the gravel below the footers in your house requires energy most of which has been derived from fossil fuels.
This is simply not factual and I would like for you to prove it.

I have worked in labs and currently work in a building that was specifically developed to bring sustainable building practices into state projects.

Proving Performance

CDPH Richmond Campus Access
Quote:
Construction was completed in 2004 and today, approximately 700 people work in the building. Originally achieving an ENERGY STAR rating of 93 in 2006, after a Monitoring-Based Persistence Commissioning (MBPCx) was performed in 2008, Building P has achieved an exemplary ENERGY STAR rating of 98 for the last three years, proving that building performance can improve over time.
If you want to learn more about Energy Star: ENERGY STAR by the Numbers

California Department of Public Health - Building P that use green energy.

Green Building

I actually worked in a lab in this hospital as well! Siemens Assists Dell Children’s Medical Center in Becoming the World’s First LEED® Platinum Hospital

It was a very cool lab!

Continuing to be co-dependent on a source that is killing life on earth and making conditions on Earth unsustainable is not very smart especially when there are other options.

Smart solutions to reduce emissions

Old 03-07-2019, 10:33 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,045,587 times
Quote:
This is simply false.

Name anything.

Quote:
I have worked in labs and currently work in a building that was specifically developed to bring sustainable building practices into state projects.
Does this building have concrete, steel, wood, drywall? How were the raw resources obtained? How were they manufactured into usable product? How were they delivered to the site? How were all the machines created to make all this happen?

Old 03-07-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
1b]What about CFC's not being in widespread use before they were banned? Did I also misunderstand this claim you made.[/b]

Sure China is the biggest contributor to greenhouse gases...it's not rocket science especially since they have a population of 1.4 Billion people.

Interesting that the US is the second largest polluter behind China but our population is only 3 Million.

At least China is working to do something about it.

Study: China’s new policies will lower CO2 emissions faster, without preventing economic growth

A new study co-authored by an MIT professor shows that China’s new efforts to price carbon could lower the country’s carbon dioxide emissions significantly without impeding economic development over the next three decades.
Yes, you misconstrued that as well. I said it was an industrial chemical that was in use, but when they stopped using it hardly anyone noticed. It didn’t affect us like eliminating fossil fuels would.

Old 03-07-2019, 10:37 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Name anything.
They can't, they are simply FOS like most Leftists.

Old 03-07-2019, 10:38 AM

Quote:
This is simply false.

Proving Performance

CDPH Richmond Campus Access

If you want to learn more about Energy Star: ENERGY STAR by the Numbers

California Department of Public Health - Building P that use green energy.

Green Building

I actually worked in a lab in this hospital as well! Siemens Assists Dell Children’s Medical Center in Becoming the World’s First LEED® Platinum Hospital

It was a very cool lab!

Continuing to be co-dependent on a source that is killing life on earth and making conditions on Earth unsustainable is not very smart especially when there are other options.

Smart solutions to reduce emissions
You’ve worked in labs? As what, a janitor? No way do I believe you are a scientist.

Old 03-07-2019, 10:39 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
You’ve worked in labs? As what, a janitor? No way do I believe you are a scientist.
Just another blowhard Leftist is all that you're responding to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies