Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2019, 02:32 PM

45,579 posts, read 27,180,466 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm misinformed about Frank Artiles and Tom Worthan? Show me where those persons DIDN'T say anything racist. Show me. Like the state nickname of Missouri indicates, SHOW ME!!
Just out of curiosity - because I have no idea who they are... what have they DONE (not said) to block you from improving your lot in this life?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2019, 02:37 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,015,652 times
Quote:
Well, even that varies by region and demographics.

Comments like this leave a sour taste in ones mouth when it comes to conservative/Black relations. Stuff like this isn't going to make Blacks want to vote Republican or want to identify as conservative.

Remember this. I'm very well aware of the White people who fought on the side of Blacks for civil rights. Some died. Look up Michael Schwerner and Andrew Goodman. This isn't about White people as a whole. I wasn't even talking about the entire White population. I was talking about political parties. I notice has been some obsession regarding who Blacks vote for. My thoughts are this. Want Blacks to vote Republican? Give Black people a reason to do so besides "the Democrats are using you". When I asked about allies, I was talking about political parties, not a race of people.

Bringing up the stuff that you did had nothing to do with what I was talking about. I wasn't talking about Whites. This is about political parties.
you know I read more than a few posts here and like all of these maybe not you so much but I keep getting this blame whitey for this,blame whitey for that. i'm personally sick of it. Racism will only die on the personal level. You can pass a million laws and give trillions in reparations and it will not end racism. I personally could care less who you vote for or who any black votes for...…..that their business. This whole thread is about the White people in whatever party vying for the black vote. So yes it is about white people as a whole. it always is. I simply wanted to point out that without those "whiteys"...…….the black part of our country would not be even close to having the freedoms they now have, or the equality that has been achieved, and Damnit I had at least a little bit to do with that.

Old 03-05-2019, 02:57 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,379,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I quick and easy way to gain promotion and notoriety, as well as an income stream, as a black person is to come out against mainstream black thought....and the "white right" will make a way for you....and make a stage for you.

If you promote the system (of WS)....the system will promote you. Case in point CPAC:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=iFjQQjSQQrA

The competition to have your voice and opinion put on a platform, as a black liberal, is tough. You have to have something really special to rise as a liberal mainstream black voice. However, you need little or nothing to rise as a black conservative voice. They are hustling white conservatives by speaking against mainstream black thought.....and white conservatives reward them for it. If not for their thoughts against the black mainstream.....white conservatives would find little value or worth in these people.....and these people would get little attention.

"Mainstream black thought"

in otherwords she left the plantation and thinks for herself.

her great sin is saying stuff like "i am not a victim"

this thread is sick. the race hustlers are the liberals. period

Old 03-05-2019, 03:02 PM

73,009 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
you know I read more than a few posts here and like all of these maybe not you so much but I keep getting this blame whitey for this,blame whitey for that. i'm personally sick of it. Racism will only die on the personal level. You can pass a million laws and give trillions in reparations and it will not end racism. I personally could care less who you vote for or who any black votes for...…..that their business. This whole thread is about the White people in whatever party vying for the black vote. So yes it is about white people as a whole. it always is. I simply wanted to point out that without those "whiteys"...…….the black part of our country would not be even close to having the freedoms they now have, or the equality that has been achieved, and Damnit I had at least a little bit to do with that.
This is the thing. I wasn't talking about White people. I was talking about political parties. This is why I found your statement disturbing. You venting your anger at me only serves to create more problems.

Old 03-05-2019, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
I have to go. I don't agree with you because you're clearly ignorant and there's a lot of information out there other than what you've posted.Plus, you guys believe the truth is racist. I'll respond later.
Explain what makes me ignorant. You haven't refuted anything I have posted. You have only called me ignorant. That lets me know how petulant your mindset is.

Anyway, why does anyone care who Black people vote for? Blacks get put last by both parties anyway.

Old 03-05-2019, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Just out of curiosity - because I have no idea who they are... what have they DONE (not said) to block you from improving your lot in this life?
Nothing, yet. Here are a few articles you need to read.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/loc...145327079.html

https://www.ajc.com/news/local-govt-...jij3peheLma1H/

I look at it like this. If someone like that is in office, they might support policies that are bigoted. I wouldn't put it past them. And this is not to say that racists on the Democratic side wouldn't do it. I wouldn't put it past Mary Ann Lisanti to do some covertly racist things.

My point is this. There is so much brouhaha regarding who Blacks vote for, at least on this forum. I'm convinced at this point that neither political party is any good. However, I'm also left wondering "what next"?

Old 03-05-2019, 03:16 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,015,652 times
Quote:
This is the thing. I wasn't talking about White people. I was talking about political parties. This is why I found your statement disturbing. You venting your anger at me only serves to create more problems.
"venting my anger at you"? that's a stretch. Wondering what "problems I created" ? Are not political parties made up of different races? Isn't the OP about how whites in a certain political party use blacks? Color me confused by your posted reply...………..

Old 03-05-2019, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
"venting my anger at you"? that's a stretch. Wondering what "problems I created" ? Are not political parties made up of different races? Isn't the OP about how whites in a certain political party use blacks? Color me confused by your posted reply...………..
I was talking about the political process and political parties as it relates to Black Americans. I wasn't even talking about White people. You mentioned being disturbed about the "get whitey" talk. I had nothing to do with it, but you brought that stuff up with me. The post you responded to in terms of what I was talking about was the political process.

Old 03-05-2019, 03:23 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
From what I am reading from conservatives....they are saying that blacks are VICTIMS of liberalism. So its conservatives either arguing that blacks are the victims of liberals or....the victim of black genetics and or the victim of "black culture". Ergo, the cause of cause/effect is replaced by victim/effect. When we say every action creates (Action/reaction) you change that to (Blame/victim). It's semantics.
You're the only one bringing up genetics. It's about the welfare state discouraging parents to stay together and raise their kids and how minorities are hurt the most since they receive handouts at a higher percentage. Not that you care about the truth while falsely playing the race card.

Old 03-05-2019, 03:25 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
And then hearing "get over slavery". Sounds like Blacks are being spoken of in such ways as to say "Blacks are a problem".
Nothing to do with genetics, everything to do with handouts. Not that you care about the truth as you continue to play victim instead of looking in the mirror for reasons why you've failed to make it in life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies