Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2019, 08:47 AM

72,847 posts, read 62,291,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Why the need for the comparison?
Because someone was saying "Blacks are doing better than people abroad". Comparing Black Americans to people across the pond. The best way to understand where I am coming from is to look at the post I was responding to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2019, 08:49 AM

25,786 posts, read 16,422,799 times
i don’t assume anyone’s politics regardless of their color. You EXPECT them to be Democrat and then you assume they are flawed if not. How does such an obviously well educated person like yourself (OP) get to that point?

Old 03-07-2019, 08:51 AM

45,347 posts, read 26,931,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Because that is the nature of human existence. It's called relativity.
What are you comparing? Is it all about circumstances and how much stuff a person has?

Old 03-07-2019, 08:52 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,664,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
i don’t assume anyone’s politics regardless of their color. You EXPECT them to be Democrat and then you assume they are flawed if not. How does such an obviously well educated person like yourself (OP) get to that point?

I don't EXPECT anyone to vote for a particular party. My comments REFLECT how a particular demographic votes not how I EXPECT them to vote.

Old 03-07-2019, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
What are you comparing? Is it all about circumstances and how much stuff a person has?

What I am saying is that we live with standards and metrics in a competition driven existence. If you had a position in your company and you were the hiring manager and had many candidates who were qualified, how would you choose one.....eany, meeny, miny, moe....or by comparison?

Old 03-07-2019, 09:01 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,823,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I don't understand your point. Your comment is like saying water is wet. What.....was that surprising to you or something that Africans were descent folks and invited you to their home? Thanks for sharing but I was talking about people seeing AFRICA the PLACE as a slit hole....not Africans as a people.

Yes, but if you are assuming one comes from a ****hole place, you expect them to be poor, uneducated, unmannered etc. That is what the fake news media has portrayed.

NO Africa is not a ****hole.

Sure, there are ****holey places in Africa.

Telling blacks who hate it here to go back to Africa, which is usually said to Americans who have been here all their lives, born here, etc is a reference to Africa being a horrible place and they can go back to that horrible place if they prefer it. I get that. It is usually because the black American is berating America. That is from ignorance and honestly, the fake news media has portrayed Africa as that.
Americans used to take the MSM news as fact, now they know better.

Last edited by 4dognight; 03-07-2019 at 09:09 AM..

Old 03-07-2019, 09:02 AM

5,956 posts, read 2,200,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
I agree with Candace Owens.

I would go even further and say that no country in the history of the world has given black people or people of any race more freedom and opportunities than the United States has.

Most black people in America are basically upper class compared to most of the world today.

Of course, slavery was immoral and evil when it existed in America. Nobody in their right mind doubts that. But most people don't think that oppression of black people by whites is still a big issue in 2019.
This is where black folks and white folks diverge when talking about race and America. America did not “give” black people freedom and opportunity. black folks fought for freedom with their lives. Families ripped apart for years after slavery ended.

It is fundamental to understand this distinction in how black vs whites view how current day freedoms were obtained and how easily America tries to hide the 100 years between 1865 and 1965. Think about it this way, we still have people alive today that grew up in segregation, you think they would agree with your statement above?

I know my father would not, and he is a black 37 year Military veitnam vet born in the 1950’s. His view of America is complicated as the history of this country. My uncle also served in the army but wounded and left early and again holds a complicated view of race and America.

Old 03-07-2019, 09:08 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,823,491 times
That said, The USA is still the best place on earth to live unless you are looking for something non American.

There are plenty of other places that will suffice for those who hate it here.

Old 03-07-2019, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Yes, but if you are assuming one comes from a ****hole place, you expect them to be poor, uneducated, unmannered etc. That is what the fake news media has portrayed.

NO Africa is not a ****hole.

Sure, there are ****holey places in Africa.

Telling blacks who hate it here to go back to Africa, which is usually said to Americans who have been here all their lives, born here, etc is a reference to Africa being a horrible place and they can go back to that horrible place if they prefer it. I get that. That is from ignorance and honestly, the fake news media has portrayed Africa as that.
Americans used to take the MSM news as fact, now they know better.

One who reasons in such a manner would be guilty of the fallacy of division.

Old 03-07-2019, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
That said, The USA is still the best place on earth to live unless you are looking for something non American.

There are plenty of other places that will suffice for those who hate it here.

It is one of the best places to live, I don't know about the best, however, but who did America have to step on to make that true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies