Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2019, 02:07 AM

29,425 posts, read 16,342,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
oh look another thread insulting minorities for not toeing the liberal/progressive view point. did it ever occur to you that perhaps these people are actually thinking, and not just spouting the pablum they have been forced to listen to?
You contradicted your own point within one sentence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-19-2019, 02:13 AM

24,302 posts, read 9,190,640 times
More blacks will continue to turn to conservativism as they’re tired of waiting for Democrats to legislate them out of poverty and protect them from dangerous neighborhoods ran by gangs.

Many blacks have tried trusting Democrats and their failed policies, but it only got us more single parent households, more crime, less education, and less wealth.

By comparison, African immigrants are largely educated and highly successful without blaming outside forces or their skin color as an excuse for any failure.

Old 03-19-2019, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This is exactly true.

That's why Ben Carson's political career went so far. He is stiff, not that savvy, not a charismatic leader, kind of a weird guy.

But white conservatives really, really like Black Conservatives.
No way! Next you’ll tell me white conservatives really like Asian and Hispanic conservatives too! Imagine that. Liking someone because you both share the same political ideals.

Ben Carson is a world class neurosurgeon and millionaire from poverty.

If the people of color currently serving long jail sentences or commiting felony crime had even half the IQ of Ben Carson, they would be successful productive members of society.

You can disagree with his politics. But as a black man he’s the conservative version of Obama and the perfect example of the accomplishments blacks are capabale of and need more role models of.

Old 03-19-2019, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Like I said. I would like a conservative to define conservative and use their source.
Your wish is my command

Quote:
Black conservatives emphasize traditionalism, patriotism, self-sufficiency, free market capitalism, and strong cultural and social conservatism within the context of the black church. In the United States it is often, but not exclusively, associated with the Republican Party. Melissa Harris-Lacewell (now Melissa Harris-Perry), an outspoken liberal commentator, defines black conservatism as "advocating the idea that African Americans must be entirely self-sufficient, and demanding no official recognition of or redress for any historical or contemporary inequalities stemming from racial discrimination."
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_conservatism

Summary: black conservatism is self sufficiency. No welfare. No handouts. No pandering and victimization.

Old 03-19-2019, 02:41 AM

16,237 posts, read 5,830,128 times
Quote:
Its alright for blacks to "wake up to the reality of how they have been used and exploited", you say, unless they are waking up to that reality as it applies towards racism. You want blacks to be seen and argued to be VICTIMS of white liberalism, but you see any awaking or remembrance of the impact of racism as victimizing the black condition as.......a VICTIM MENTALITY (some sort of mental handicap).

It seems to be common that when a black person talks about the history of white racism......it all of a sudden is paraphrased as "Blacks think ALL or MOST whites are racist" and that we are ANGRY and making excuses for our PERSONAL failures (we are poor and making excuses because of that).

Just for the record (which can't help you because you download music digitally....so you can't play this record), I don't think all whites are racist.....but I do believe that the legacy of this society programs ALL people to see blacks as inferior......INCLUDING BLACKS. Unless one consciously works to counter that subliminal programming.....they are racist....and that includes the black people. I know many black people who don't believe in the ability of black people. That is racist to me....even if they are black
Probably the most true statement you have made on this thread. I do know blacks who refuse to hire black contractors because they don't believe a black contractor is:
1) Honest
2) As qualified as white contractors
3) Worry that the black contractor will be difficult to deal with

They also don't like to use black mechanics or other black owned businesses.

My son is black and is a welder. Blue collar kid from day one, had no interest in college, ever. He liked working with me in my shop and I taught him to weld young and to do mechanical stuff, sent him to a trade school. He has friends who are black who will pay someone else to do the work because they just can't believe that a fellow black guy can be a great welder.
He leans right in his politics. Product of growing up in farm country, but also how he was raised. There are plenty of conservative black people and many see right through both the GOP and the democrats BS.

Old 03-19-2019, 05:43 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,648,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You contradicted your own point within one sentence.

Yeah...I doubt that he can figure it out, however. Intellectually constipated by a diet of prejudice.

Old 03-19-2019, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
More blacks will continue to turn to conservativism as they’re tired of waiting for Democrats to legislate them out of poverty and protect them from dangerous neighborhoods ran by gangs.

Well....if the majority of blacks become republicans......then the majority of racist will become democrats. All the hate groups would then be voting for the democratic candidate, like they vote for the republican candidates now, to be in opposition with most blacks. Ergo, any mass gain of black republican will result in a loss of many racist white votes. Hell....you might even become a democrat if blacks become republicans....lol.

Politics is often a Trojan Horse for racism in an era where it is not politically correct to be overtly racist.

Quote:
Many blacks have tried trusting Democrats and their failed policies, but it only got us more single parent households, more crime, less education, and less wealth.
Well...in 1960 the black poverty rate was about 50%. After a decades of liberalism ruining blacks, the black poverty rate is less than 30%. Dam liberalism

Quote:
By comparison, African immigrants are largely educated and highly successful without blaming outside forces or their skin color as an excuse for any failure.
Racism is like radiation. Those with prolonged exposure have the most mutations. Africans have not been mutated by racism like blacks who have been exposed to it directly for over 300 years.

Old 03-19-2019, 07:07 AM

50,078 posts, read 46,654,631 times
Quote:
Well....if the majority of blacks become republicans......then the majority of racist will become democrats. All the hate groups would then be voting for the democratic candidate, like they vote for the republican candidates now, to be in opposition with most blacks. Ergo, any mass gain of black republican will result in a loss of many racist white votes. Hell....you might even become a democrat if blacks become republicans....lol.

Politics is often a Trojan Horse for racism in an era where it is not politically correct to be overtly racist.

Well...in 1960 the black poverty rate was about 50%. After a decades of liberalism ruining blacks, the black poverty rate is less than 30%. Dam liberalism

Racism is like radiation. Those with prolonged exposure have the most mutations. Africans have not been mutated by racism like blacks who have been exposed to it directly for over 300 years.
So, you were/are a slave?

Old 03-19-2019, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So, you were/are a slave?

No...I am an Indentured Servant.

Old 03-19-2019, 09:13 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,753,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It takes more than just intelligence for a young, black woman to stand up against the errors of the far-left. She is liable to be subject to insults and ridicule and accused of being a "conservative race hustler" for actually having an independent thought in her head. As you can see on this thread, there are some low IQ black people that will attack rather viciously, any black person that dares to get ahead through their own efforts and intellect. And even morso to attack any black person that addresses the results of liberal policies that harm the portion of blacks that embrace a "liberal culture" (as it does any race).

Thankfully-the low IQ blacks that attack someone like this are a small portion of black Americans and are looking for someone to blame for their personal failings. Most American blacks are instead hard working, intelligent and successful.

She is a race hustler because she denigrates black people for money. Her thoughts are not independent. I'd dare say my own are much more independent than hers, but I doubt you like everything I say lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
Your wish is my command

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_conservatism

Summary: black conservatism is self sufficiency. No welfare. No handouts. No pandering and victimization.

You have an odd POV lol.

I have some conservative and some liberal views. I also am well versed on black culture in America in particular.

Both the left and the right have viewed black Americans from a paternalistic perspective and cannot be trusted to do right by our demographic.

It is historically culturally relevant that black people have always advocated for self-sufficiency. Doing this does not mean that we are conservatives in the likes of the modern day GOP.

There is a difference in being politically "for" self sufficiency (which IMO is self liberation) and being "for" the denigration of my people for money like Candace Owens does and Diamond and Silk and Armstrong Williams has done with his "racism doesn't exist/impact my life" ridiculousness. For me it is about "realism" and not any other "ism" from a political perspective. Only you black people who denigrate us to a high degree are repeatedly and often deemed "Uncle Toms" and IMO deservedly so. Black people have always been rather conservative in our daily lives and political thoughts. Most white conservatives don't acknowledge this because we are also historically very vocal about racial issues and anything about "race" and speaking out about discrimination so they view all of us as "liberal."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies