Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 11:34 AM

9,982 posts, read 5,684,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
...can't resist trying make ME the topic.

Kinda grates on ya.

Carry on.

Since you show no capacity to stay on topic no matter what the topic is, you have no grounds from which to lecture others about staying on topic. And since you're now making ME the topic, you'd know I'm hardly a "Trumpling" if you'd bothered to take any notice of my post history, so you can put a saddle on that lazy trope and ride it straight outta town.

Though I'll confess, posters like you DO grate on me because every single "Trump is a poopyhead!" toot from your stupid little clown horn disguised as a keyboard is another data point toward confirming that the most puerile president we've ever had will get re-elected. You're working for Trump's re-election committee for free. So by all means, label me whatever you want and keep on working for his re-election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2019, 11:41 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
Since you show no capacity to stay on topic no matter what the topic is, you have no grounds from which to lecture others about staying on topic. And since you're now making ME the topic, you'd know I'm hardly a "Trumpling" if you'd bothered to take any notice of my post history, so you can put a saddle on that lazy trope and ride it straight outta town.
Yep, it's my fault.

I failed to recognize your sparkling intellect.
Quote:
Though I'll confess, posters like you DO grate on me because every single "Trump is a poopyhead!" toot from your stupid little clown horn disguised as a keyboard is another data point toward confirming that the most puerile president we've ever had will get re-elected. You're working for Trump's re-election committee for free. So by all means, label me whatever you want and keep on working for his re-election.
Puerile, you say.

Relax

Take a deep breath.

Keep telling yourself, "It's only an internet forum."

Carry on.

Old 03-06-2019, 11:51 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Rest easy. From what I saw people who even talked about it did it in a “wow they look nothing alike lol” kind of way, not in a “THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!” kind of way. A few did seem annoyed by the difference but they mostly got ignored or mocked. There was more discussion of his acting chops... like could he pull off the role. Mr Williams is known for his rather intense personality and is not particularly likeable, kind of the opposite of Will Smith.

There was way more “outrage” about him as that stupid CGI blue genie than this.
Yes! The genie looked like Tobias Funke to me. lol But yes to the rest of your post as well.

Darker skinned actors have been given fewer roles in Hollywood in general, so I understand the frustration. On the other hand, I thought it was weird that Chadwick Boseman was cast as Thurgood Marshall, as the former is a bit on the dark side but the latter was closer to high yellow. No doubt he was talented enough for the role, but since he didn't resemble Marshall at all, I kept having to remind myself who he was actually supposed to be playing.

Old 03-06-2019, 12:18 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,401,741 times
At least it wasn't a White guy playing the part, as that would probably cause an even bigger backlash.

Old 03-06-2019, 12:24 PM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Will Smith is a great actor....

I don't care what his skin color is....and no one else should either....in the same breath, I can't forget the big stink his wife made the other year when he didn't win an Oscar....but I will always watch his movies.

Seven Pounds was excellent, and while he wasn't lead role, "Winter's Tale" was excellent, and all the others he's made, his work is superb.

What was the name of the one where his daughter passed away and he was struggling with it so badly, he didn't even know his wife any longer....that was awesome.

Old 03-06-2019, 12:39 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
A lot of black people call him white because his rap lyrics are squeaky clean - doesn't use the N-word, not angry, no expletives.
So do those same black people consider Eminem to be black?

“Will Smith dont gotta cuss in his raps to sell records.

Well I do.

So F... him and F... you too.”

—Eminem

Old 03-06-2019, 01:23 PM

9,982 posts, read 5,684,706 times
Quote:
Yep, it's my fault.

I failed to recognize your sparkling intellect.
I didn't say anything remotely related to my intellect, so thanks for your third confirmation in as many posts that you have ZERO capacity to read for fundamental comprehension.

Quote:
Puerile, you say.
I retract the use of that word, only because I can only assume by now its meaning is far enough over your head it would take at least 10 posts to get you back on point toward explaining it and another 10 for you to actually grasp the explanation.

Quote:
Relax

Take a deep breath.

Keep telling yourself, "It's only an internet forum."
Right, it's only one of the most visited internet forums in the world. Your posts have been read 18 million times, God help us. What you say here and how you say it matters. So go ahead and keep tooting your "Trump is a poopyhead!" clown horn over and over. Might as well make it worth your while and send the Trump re-election committee an invoice for the value you've provided them.

Old 03-06-2019, 01:28 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitey View Post
I didn't say anything remotely related to my intellect, so thanks for your third confirmation in as many posts that you have ZERO capacity to read for fundamental comprehension.

I retract the use of that word, only because I can only assume by now its meaning is far enough over your head it would take at least 10 posts to get you back on point toward explaining it and another 10 for you to actually grasp the explanation.

Right, it's only one of the most visited internet forums in the world. Your posts have been read 18 million times, God help us. What you say here and how you say it matters. So go ahead and keep tooting your "Trump is a poopyhead!" clown horn over and over. Might as well make it worth your while and send the Trump re-election committee an invoice for the value you've provided them.
Goodness gracious!

You're VERY upset.

And very far off topic.

Old 03-06-2019, 01:34 PM

10,769 posts, read 4,349,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
Said no black person ever! Was his rap considered corney or boring by some, yes. But no different than rock vs metal, different strokes for different folks. And he was big in 1988 before cursing in rap songs was prevelant in the mainstream. NWA was just coming out the gates that year with the ruff stuff and it didn’t catch on until a year later

Maybe that is your prospective, just ask some black folks next time, your embarrassing yourself. And it’s clear you don’t know rap music or main stream rap music in the 1980’s. He may look young (black don’t crack) but dude is ancient in rapper years.
You are referring to his work with DJ Jazzy Jeff, whereas I'm referring to his solo albums - Big Willie Style (1997), Willennium (1999), Born To Reign (2002), Lost And Found (2005) - at a time when his squeaky clean rap was atypical to mainstream black rap (but appreciated in mainstream pop circles).
You only knew about his 1980s rap career.....

Old 03-06-2019, 01:45 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
ROFLMAO.

Now some black people are not black enough.

SJWs consuming their own liberal allies.
Pretending that dark skinned people arent shunned for their color isnt helping anyone here.

you should go find some black friends and talk about colorism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies