Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 09:41 AM

21,431 posts, read 7,399,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Is there anything besides politics that people can become so one sided about?
Religion can be like that.

Honestly though, it is probably a good idea to avoid getting involved with a person who has a fundamentally different worldview.

I don't think I could get along with a Scientologist, nor a Jehovah Witness for example, but that's just me. I am sure they are good people, I just don't think that the dinner table conversations will be enjoyable. With things like that you are either 'all in' or better off staying away.

BTW, at my age I am done with agonizing over the radio station presets or which way the toilet paper roll unwinds (incredible as it seems, I have had to deal with that).

Old 03-06-2019, 09:41 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,761,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
religion is another area that some people become so one sided about that they will reject a potential companion.
And considering that its likely that a person's stance on Trump is heavily correlated with their religious beliefs, it makes sense. I could not be with somebody who supports Trump with the kind of closed-minded fervor most on this board do.

My best friend is a Trump supporter but he's rational and we can have good debates about stuff and we remain respectful. He also isn't a Fox News watcher, which I think is key.

Old 03-06-2019, 09:50 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,787,911 times
Perhaps one should look at it as a blessing that the members are so upfront. Who wants to waste valuable time only to find out later that they hate a certain political ideology?

Old 03-06-2019, 09:54 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,449,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
My best friend is a Trump supporter but he's rational and we can have good debates about stuff and we remain respectful. He also isn't a Fox News watcher, which I think is key.

I don't know ANY Trump supporters who watch Fox. They know better than to pay mind to cable news, ANY cable news.

Old 03-06-2019, 09:54 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,448,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
sounds like something a "tolerant" liberal would say.

Please, I saw news report that was just the opposite. You had to be a Trump supporter to date them. Sounds like a "tolerant" conservative, doesn't it?

Old 03-06-2019, 09:55 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,448,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I don't know ANY Trump supporters who watch Fox. They know better than to pay mind to cable news, ANY cable news.

Trump and his family does as we all know. So I am sure there are many Trump supporters who also watch it.

Old 03-06-2019, 09:58 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,696,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The Trump supporters I know watch Fox because they consider it unbiased. Go check out their Facebook page... it is chock-full of Trump supporters.

Actually, even the republican senators have Fox News playing in their offices. I went to D.C. to talk to my senator's staffer about something and I was amused to see Fox News playing on the television.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:00 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,622,454 times
Quote:
Or something like that. That is what I just saw on one of my Match.C matches.

Fair enough, I will respect their wishes and leave them alone....even though I believe we see things in different ways.

It's not that I think we are not a match because I voted for him and they did not but rather, that I accept that people are entitled to their opinions and it appears that this match believes otherwise.

I mean, I am one of those who likes anchovies on her pizza, after all.
LOL, TDS red flag. This tells me that this person is over the top and would be boring because all they would want to do is rant about Trump.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:02 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,505,692 times
Quote:

Fair enough, I will respect their wishes and leave them alone....even though I believe we see things in different ways.

It's not that I think we are not a match because I voted for him and they did not but rather, that I accept that people are entitled to their opinions and it appears that this match believes otherwise.

Yes, religion. I now would probably never date someone who is very religious. I’m an atheist. I assume a religious person would not want to date me either. Big deal, doesn’t bother me.

Old 03-06-2019, 10:04 AM

25,413 posts, read 9,717,588 times
Quote:

Religion is one for me. I have no problem with people having their religion. But I'm an agnostic. As long as they did their thing and I did mine, we'd be good though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies