Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2019, 09:57 PM

10,219 posts, read 15,931,403 times

Advertisements

As a conservative American Christian, yes, Ilhan Omar does have a point in that most Jews living in America are at least as loyal to their own country as they are to the U.S. perhaps more. However I don't see this as a big problem because America is allied with their country and our national interests are aligned. The Bible also tells us that those who bless Israel will be blessed and those who curse Israel will be cursed. Israel is the most pro-American country in that part of the world a region where we have vital interests (though somewhat less so now given our increased energy independence).

However its the Democrats and liberals' loyalties to globalism and to other foreign countries that actively harm the United States. First and foremost is the Hispanic voting bloc and their loyalty to their countries of origin and to their own racial group over their loyalty to and identification with America. This is why liberals are able to play up Hispanic racial politics and get legal Mexicans and Puerto Ricans (who are already U.S. citizens) to vote in racial solidarity in favor of illegal immigrants, Dreamers, and open borders. The difference between a Jew also being loyal to Israel vs a Mexican being more loyal to Mexico is the fact that US and Mexican interests are diametrically opposed. What is good for illegal immigrants is NOT good for Americans. When an illegal is working an American is not. When an illegal is in a college, that's a space that an American is not in.

Likewise especially with trade, Mexican interests directly compete with ours but the Hispanic voting bloc supports NAFTA because it benefits Mexico even as its been responsible for the destruction of manufacturing and agricultural jobs throughout the US, especially in the Rust Belt but elsewhere as well.

I am the son of LEGAL immigrants. How someone can pursue policies that benefit illegal foreigners at the expense of US citizens is far beyond me. I resent a single penny of my tax dollars going to support someone who is illegal. The possibility of more chain migration and more foreigners coming here and using welfare, food stamps, Medicaid etc paid for by us (which will happen if Dreamers get citizenship and are able to sponsor their illegal parents and other relatives) both scares and enrages me.

Even worse than this is the Democrats' loyalty to globalist interests, and Obama was perhaps the worst at this. AOC much the same. There are countless examples of how Obama and Democrats want to do what they see as best for the world at large vs America. I remember when Obama didn't even do a travel ban with the Ebola nations in Africa during the Ebola crisis because he thinks that might negatively affect African nations. In nearly every international trade agreement, America is the weaker party, including NAFTA and our trade deals with China and Europe and the Democrats KNOW this. However they want to redistribute American wealth to other countries for geopolitical purposes even if it meant sacrificing manufacturing jobs in the USA.

Democrats don't want us to pursue our own interests abroad. I personally think supporting the Saudi monarchy is in our national interest vs having Saudi Arabia fall to Islamic fundamentalists. I also think the US military shouldn't be used to fight humanitarian wars where our interests aren't at stake but that's what liberals love like with Somalia, Kosovo, and Bosnia.

I don't see how the Jewish lobby and the Jewish power brokers have harmed America.

But the people who signed NAFTA, who sent American jobs abroad and signed agreements that placed foreign nations in a dominant position over us. the people who want open borders and who want to help foreign nationals like illegal aliens and Muslim refugees at the expense of our economic and security interests are the ones whose split loyalties TRULY threaten America and this is what the media and the Democrats will never mention!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2019, 10:17 PM

Also, a very important question is whether Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar are more loyal to Islam than they are to America. Maybe that is the source of their obsession with Israel.

Old 03-07-2019, 03:17 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,753,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Also, a very important question is whether Rashida Tlaib and Ilhan Omar are more loyal to Islam than they are to America. Maybe that is the source of their obsession with Israel.
Actual Islam and the Quran are not anti-Israel and anti-Jewish. Being Jew haters denying Israel the right to exist is all on them.

Old 03-07-2019, 03:21 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
You noted above that you were a conservative American Christian .

Does that not mean that your allegiances there should come before country?

Old 03-07-2019, 03:45 AM

4,603 posts, read 6,366,715 times
"I don't see how the Jewish lobby and the Jewish power brokers have harmed America". ....OK, OP....how have they helped America, besides helping themselves to our Treasury ?

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 03-07-2019, 04:42 AM

858 posts, read 424,691 times
Quote:
As a conservative American Christian, yes, Ilhan Omar does have a point in that most Jews living in America are at least as loyal to their own country as they are to the U.S. perhaps more.

The country of Jewish-Americans is America, not Israel and I'd like to see some prove that they are more loyal to Israel than America. BTW, try to answer without using that weasel phrase "Jewish Power Brokers".

Old 03-07-2019, 04:47 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
If you are a Christian (as you claim), your loyalty to God should come before a loyalty to any country. As for your claims about loyalty to globalism.......makes no sense. Globalism is not a liberal idea.

Old 03-07-2019, 05:32 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,012,264 times
Meanwhile you have Conservative christian politicians actually stating on the record I am a christian first, conservative and republican in that order.

Old 03-07-2019, 05:48 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Meanwhile you have Conservative christian politicians actually stating on the record I am a christian first, conservative and republican in that order.
And God, family and country.

There is nothing wrong with that.

Old 03-07-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you are a Christian (as you claim), your loyalty to God should come before a loyalty to any country. As for your claims about loyalty to globalism.......makes no sense. Globalism is not a liberal idea.
Here's the thing. I currently see America as a Christian nation so being a Christian and being a patriotic American goes hand in hand, with no conflict. Being a good Christian contributes to being a good AMerican even if the reverse isn't true. No, you don't have to be Christian to be American, but we are at our very roots a Christian nation and a Christian culture though liberals are trying to change that.

So me being a Christian is also part of being a Southerner, another part of my identity. The problem with America today is the liberals and left wingers who are trying to turn our nation away from God. So supporting Israel is part of following the Bible, as is being pro-life and pro-traditional marriage. The beliefs about global warming are also un-Biblical btw.....

But yes, if Christians increasingly come under attack I of course will choose religion over country. The fact also is I would identify more with an evangelical Christian from Nigeria than with a liberal yuppie from Seattle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies