Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2019, 07:30 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty Seven View Post
Nothing excuses those on the list, but it paints a false picture about the nature of the problem. MPowering1 made a good point about people with these tendencies being drawn to a life of politics. We have a problem here that transcends party. Are we going to deal with that problem now or will this just fade with the next news cycle?
We already know the answer to this, no? Look at the thread. People on both sides don't want to admit something sleazy was going on with their guy. Whether they knew and said nothing, or engaged, they ALL knew what Epstein was doing. And what are the responses? That a lawsuit naming one guy as being the perpetrator of rape is meaningless and that because the other guy isn't in office anymore, it doesn't matter. The priesthood and police departments are filled with silent people that the public rightfully damns for doing nothing, but this is somehow supposed to be different. It's sickening that people are doing this.

The hypocrites were more outraged when actresses got their kids into college with under the table payments and digitally manipulated photos. No wonder our country is such a mess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2019, 07:36 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,751,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickcin View Post
You are exactly correct since most all of the participants were the upper level wealthy aristocrats who have all kinds of protection from being exposed. Its like the political swamp, it’s just too big and powerful to ever be taken down in its entirety. You will have several sacrificial lambs to make it appear as though total justice was server!
And that's where the political battle comes in to it. Which party comes out on top after the lambs are sacrificed? The reality is, to the people who matter that is more important than anything else.

Old 07-13-2019, 07:43 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty Seven View Post
And that's where the political battle comes in to it. Which party comes out on top after the lambs are sacrificed? The reality is, to the people who matter that is more important than anything else.
How can one assign a party to Dersh and even Trump?

These days it's totally muddy. No party is going to come out of on top, but one party is certainly in control of the country. We can't dig up old Ken Lay and prosecute him for all his crimes...because he's "not in power" (not breathing) and the same is true in Politics.

I doubt the Dems are going to defend any sitting DC pols who are shown to be heavily involved in this. In fact, I somewhat doubt many current DC pols (Trump and Acosta aside) are connected at all.

Old 07-13-2019, 07:56 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I'll wait to see the real lists and results.
Which is fine but something like this doesn't happen unless you have a very long list of people looking out for you.

Quote:
We all look at these things from different places, but as a Philly and New England guy I look at even a Clinton and think "He's not like us, he's a Southern Bubba".....party doesn't mean much.

I also look at NYC Values.....and shudder. That type of money (see: Wolf of Wall Street) has no party.

Power and money corrupt...especially and maybe moreso when one has no center or is repressed.

The other thing which takes hold is "people do things when no one is watching" and "give an inch and they will take a foot".

My experience is a little warped since I lived 26 years in a GOP and Military Industrial Complex burb. I watched the orgies and there was even murder involved. I watched the bigwigs from Lockheed Martin be involved in things which are not moral, IMHO.

Why did they all do it? Because they could. If you can party once...and nothing happens. Then do it again, and nothing happens. Then get a better jobs because you are "one of the pack"....you are continually rewarded for being immoral. If, on the other hand, you are a White Knight you will be cast out of Club (the club being Politics and these particular levels of the Military Industrial Complex). $200K+ bonuses tend to warp the world view just a little bit.

It's a really small world...Kelly Anne Conway was brought up 10 miles from our place and her Uncle was called "God" and was one of the most powerful men in the state...and could place direct calls to Reagan and others. We watched it all and I could write books about the corruption. The contracts for the Raptor, the biggest in history, went to some people I know...I watched them buy the Beach Houses, the Yachts and the Porsches. Then I watched the divorces because the Lords of War don't keep things in their pants when they are traveling the globe.

If I has been brought up in Chicago or Miami Beach I'd be telling you stories about the other party - I get that.
When one is wronged, they tend to concentrate more on what they see as that wrong. At least understandable.

When they see wrong and look the other way or defend that, I do not.

Old 07-13-2019, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
How can one assign a party to Dersh and even Trump?

These days it's totally muddy. No party is going to come out of on top, but one party is certainly in control of the country. We can't dig up old Ken Lay and prosecute him for all his crimes...because he's "not in power" (not breathing) and the same is true in Politics.

I doubt the Dems are going to defend any sitting DC pols who are shown to be heavily involved in this. In fact, I somewhat doubt many current DC pols (Trump and Acosta aside) are connected at all.
Whether involved or not Clinton was an indefensible creep. People still feel a pressing need to defend him for some odd reason. It's like Franklin Graham pimping for Trump. I don't understand it.

Old 07-13-2019, 08:16 AM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times
Some folks had used their drone to film Epstein's island.
https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...ns-pedo-island

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJpPiZClb48

Old 07-13-2019, 08:57 AM

10,990 posts, read 20,567,401 times
An estate like that requires a lot of staff, who must be paid. If Epstein can't make payroll his leverage to keep them from becoming witnesses is gone.

Old 07-13-2019, 09:03 AM

True but someone else will soon own the island. You can bet that the lawsuits will be flying left and right now.

Old 07-13-2019, 09:07 AM

New Mexico now getting smeared and looking bad over this mess.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...ation-64309329

One has to wonder what will be next.

Old 07-13-2019, 09:23 AM

10,990 posts, read 20,567,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
True but someone else will soon own the island. You can bet that the lawsuits will be flying left and right now.
Yes, someone will buy the island but the staff won't be dependent on Epstein. Any confidentiality agreement is unenforceable when a criminal investigation is underway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies