Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2019, 03:50 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Where are you getting the bolded? That seems to be something you’ve made up. From all indications, those co-conspirators who were granted immunity from the Acosta deal appear to be staff and other women who helped recruit additional women. This has been widely reported.
Once again we have seen illustrated here that there is apparently no lie that Democrat leftists will not tell and no smear that they will not instigate. And the bigger the lie and the more egregious the smear, so much the better, as far as they are concerned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2019, 03:54 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
I hope they can blow up a world wide human trafficking ring. I hope they have the goods on anyone involved. They should be outed and prosecuted. Don’t care if they take down anyone, trump, Clinton, or whoever. JE and the people he protects are vile disgusting people, rich and powerful enough to run human trafficking for decades. I hope they blow the lid off and expose it completely. Fat chance of that

Old 07-13-2019, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
I hope they can blow up a world wide human trafficking ring. I hope they have the goods on anyone involved. They should be outed and prosecuted. Don’t care if they take down anyone, trump, Clinton, or whoever. JE and the people he protects are vile disgusting people, rich and powerful enough to run human trafficking for decades. I hope they blow the lid off and expose it completely. Fat chance of that
Agreed. Surely we can all at least agree on this?

Old 07-13-2019, 03:59 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,350,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Where are you getting the bolded? That seems to be something you’ve made up. From all indications, those co-conspirators who were granted immunity from the Acosta deal appear to be staff and other women who helped recruit additional women. This has been widely reported.
There is vast speculation that Epstein was in fact trapping and black mailing other participants. Purportedly photos exist. Anyone who was involved in this way is a significant criminal.

But let us see any authoritative source that suggests the co conspirators were staff or other women only.

Off hand sounds absurd... As is the following rant...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Once again we have seen illustrated here that there is apparently no lie that Democrat leftists will not tell and no smear that they will not instigate. And the bigger the lie and the more egregious the smear, so much the better, as far as they are concerned.
Never ever tell the truth...if it might damage Trump.

Obviously your creed.

Old 07-13-2019, 04:07 PM

What this has to do with President Trump is that his DOJ is going after these monsters, where as President Obama's DOJ knew about it and never lifted a finger against any of them.

Only a shameless liar will even attempt to refute these truths.

Old 07-13-2019, 04:10 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
What this has to do with President Trump is that his DOJ is going after these monsters, where as President Obama's DOJ knew about it and never lifted a finger against any of them.

Only a shameless liar will even attempt to refute these truths.
How would they have known? How is anyone in Trump's swamp going after them? hahahahaha

Old 07-13-2019, 04:11 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Some of the history:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...=.8020b00f9587

"
But Operation Leap Year, the investigators’ code name for the massive effort a decade ago to put Epstein behind bars, turned out to be a tortured journey through the American apparatus of justice. And the man whose job it was to stop Epstein’s alleged sexual misdeeds ended up wrestling with the kind of pressure that a rich and powerful man could generate — pressure exerted through political, financial and emotional means.

In 2007, responsibility for removing Epstein from his bubble of wealth and impunity sat with Alexander Acosta, the soft-spoken top federal prosecutor in South Florida, still in his 30s, fairly new to the position, eager to make an impression and, according to friends, find his way back to a top administration job in Washington."

Occams Razor usually solves the problem. He wanted more power and money and was scared.....

“he felt incapable of going up against those eight powerful attorneys. He felt his career was at stake.”

The "state" in the form of Acosta was supposed to do the Justice. The victims had no power...in fact, the complete opposite. Only one person either had...or didn't...the "gonads" to fight the conspiracy. He didn't.

Now, I'm not saying Acosta is a bad person. He's very typical. Given the choice between doing the right thing and "going along to get along", the majority of human beings will do the later.

Of course, this is all very "Trumpian", as The Don has used lawyers, strong men, threats and bluster 100's of times to avoid public knowledge of his dealing. It always has worked...up until now...and likely will continue too.

Therefore, "might is right".....right?
What happened to ethics? If you can't do your job correctly then you should find a different kind of work. Acosta ended up with Trump because they are both slimy.

Old 07-13-2019, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
If "most will do the latter" we are a sorry-azz nation and the reason we find ourselves at this shameful juncture. A nation with no integrity should cease to exist or at least admit to being a banana republic.

Old 07-13-2019, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell Plotts View Post
I agree that Barr will attempt to take credit for the 'update' of the Epstein litigation. I think he will attempt to protect Trump and others he likes/fears which is why he un-recused himself. Frankly, I would like to avoid litigating against Trump even if there is strong evidence implicating him until he is out of office, there is no statute of limitations so that can be a case where they 'leave a little over for the next guy'.

It will be interesting to see if Epstein will attempt to pressure those who are participants in his house of pleasure to intervene on his behalf. Right now I think that Epstein is positioning himself as a defendant worthy of the court's trust so he will be the picture of propriety. If that doesn't work will he start releasing stink bombs to deliver a message?

Old 07-13-2019, 04:28 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,020,549 times
Quote:
Agreed. Surely we can all at least agree on this?
I would sure hope so. People with this much wealth can insulate themselves and do whatever they want. They buy anything they want, stolen masterpieces from museums. Michelangelo’s, Rembrandt, the list is mind boggling. Ordering up underage girls because they can and do with immunity. ignoring all norms of society because of their narcissism , wealth and power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies