Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 10:46 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,595,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Wrong about LBJ in 1968. He did run and was challenged in the primaries and dropped out of the race after a worse than expected showing in the New Hampshire to Eugene McCarthy.
The poster you were responding to referred to LBJ in 64, not 68. Please try again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
I don't "prefer" Kaisch, but odds are 80% that he will make a run for the presidency next year.

Why not 81%? What is your source for this nonsense?

Quote:
The numbers I have seen are that 32% of Republicans are the Trump "base", and 60% of Republican voters would not vote for him again.

Again where do you get these numbers? the fake news MSM?

Old 03-07-2019, 10:59 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,117,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
The poster you were responding to referred to LBJ in 64, not 68. Please try again.

^^^This!

...And Hillary was up by 10 points, had the election locked, Right?

https://youtu.be/G87UXIH8Lzo

Old 03-07-2019, 11:04 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
None of them. Trump merged his campaign group and the RNC late last year.

https://www.sentinelsource.com/news/...b04e67c7d.html

He basically now owns the party. This is one of the reasons so many Republicans defend him I think. And....its a horrible thing for a Democracy like ours.
Trump enjoys an 88% approval rating with Republican voters.

The establishment may not like him, but they really don't have a say in the matter.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/mee...-trump-n978331

Old 03-07-2019, 11:20 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,266,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Trump is a NYC liberal registered as a Democrat for years...

if Trump governs like a liberal than the Democrat party governs as communists.

Trump might be a liberal on social issues (sex with other women) and gays except for abortions on demand which he has been consistently pro-life since he was sworn in but on border control, enforcing immigration laws and cutting taxes and regulations he has been better than both Bushes and even Reagan.

Reagan got a hard on fighting communism but not enforcing our borders. It's sad because if he would have been hard on illegal immigration and securing our borders like he was fighting communism, California (his state) wouldn't be so deep blue Democrat today and it has nothing to do with Trump. California turned Democrat in 1992 (4 years after Reagan left)

the only Republicans against Trump are the Neo-Cons who want to return to the Bush doctrine around the world of endless wars and endless occupations and the open borders crowd for cheap labor and get their nannies and gardeners cheap and their businesses. They are not the majority in the party and is not enough to take down Trump in the party because unlike Romney, Mccain and W Bush, Trump fights and doesn't care what the media says, he goes right at them instead of putting his tail between his legs and bowing to Democrats and the media like softies like Romney and W BUSH.

For many Republicans, Trump is not only taking on Democrats but also backstabbing Republicans within his party and they will back him in 2020. They know the real problem is the deep state and the establishment of both parties.

Old 03-08-2019, 02:09 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,671,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imbobbbb View Post
Nobody is going to beat Trump in the primaries.No one of any real potential will even try.Nobody gets excited by Weld or Kaisich and Larry Hogan isn't going to go out on a fools errand to try.
It's likely that Donald Duck would pull more votes than Donald Trump. I don't think it much matters who is on the ballot, but I would like to see a strong candidate.

Old 03-08-2019, 02:13 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,671,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post

I read the independent press. I have no idea who MSM even is. I avoid the US propaganda mills as much as possible.

Old 03-08-2019, 02:17 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,819,383 times
Quote:
It is likely that Kaisch will do another run for the presidency, particularly since he has some leftover campaign money from 2016. After 3 years of Trump, Kaisch may rip him a new one. So far, Weld is the only one who has formally declared his candidacy. He's a virtual unknown outside of Massachusetts, but might appeal to solid conservatives.

Kasich is more loved by liberals than Republicans. If Trump could win the 2016 primary as a longshot outsider..he will easily beat any challenger in 2020. The never Trump Republicans are a tiny insignificant group.

Old 03-08-2019, 02:28 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,758,185 times
Quote:
It's likely that Donald Duck would pull more votes than Donald Trump. I don't think it much matters who is on the ballot, but I would like to see a strong candidate.
Yawn... His approval rating in very high with Republicans and he's an incumbent. No one has a chance of beating Trump in a primary. You guys laughed when he announced his candidacy, you laughed when Republican voters said he was going to bear Hillary, and then on election day, we laughed. I guess you all still haven't learned.

Old 03-08-2019, 06:40 AM

5,462 posts, read 3,032,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
Yawn... His approval rating in very high with Republicans and he's an incumbent. No one has a chance of beating Trump in a primary. You guys laughed when he announced his candidacy, you laughed when Republican voters said he was going to bear Hillary, and then on election day, we laughed. I guess you all still haven't learned.
Yeah seeing the loyal guys like Jordan etc, he seemed to have sealed the deal. But one thing is common and awesome with these republicans - trying to get personal, invoke family and religious sentiments to woo the voter. Jordan, Kavanaugh everyone used the same tactic instead of being professional.

Old 03-08-2019, 09:33 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,707,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
You don't primary the incumbent president. It just isn't done - by either party.

Doesn't mean it couldn't happen, however. There is a first time for everything. 2020 may be one of those times.

You know, necessity is the mother of invention.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies