Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2019, 12:20 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,180,466 times

Advertisements

Also regarding Manafort... which would support the fact that he muscled his way in... is that his "experience" goes back to 1976. Manafort has worked with Reagan, Bush I, Dole, and McCain.

I think Manafort is in a long line of people, from BOTH parties, who gets paid by foreign entities for access into US politics. And he would further that by gaining access into the Trump campaign.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2019, 04:05 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,063,396 times
Of course. And, of course I did.

You just want to argue something already acknowledged?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
As others have remarked
1–no public claim of collusion from Mueller—YET
2–you claim you said “to date”
You said specifically “after two years of the best-in-the-world law enforcement effort, there is no proof”
But you are basing that on what you know and what is in public field of knowledge

No one on this forum (for example) has any inside info as to what proof Mueller or other agencies, foreign or domestic, have against Trump...

Old 03-09-2019, 05:11 PM

850 posts, read 796,442 times
You get just as many years smoking weed which still doesn't amount to all the crimes Manafort is guilty of.

Old 03-09-2019, 05:45 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,862,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
That's two of the three versions I have.

The third being Manafort muscled his way in, and got Kushner and Ivanka's endorsement. This is probably the most accurate version based on Manafort's memos.

Barrack was the guy I could not remember.

My thinking is that Trump on his own did not go and get Manafort as some kind of collusion scheme. Trump was not happy about the campaign and looked elsewhere for a change and thought Manafort was the guy.
Trump was working his campaign on limited help and very limited KNOWLEDGEABLE help
Because of the Never Trumpers in conventional GOP politics
Trump would never ask for help from them—he thought it would taint his appeal to his targeted base
He got minimal help from the RNC from what I read—they were on two different plains of communication
That is another reason it really seems questionable that he knew enough to actually make the strategic moves to win...
And just consider that while Manafort appears to have the obvious connection to the Russians
Mercer has managed Putin’s money for over a decade
Mercer had Cambridge Analytica running false flag campaigns in various countries including the Brexit vote in Britain
Robert Mercer had the technical expertise with his company’s data mining skill and connections to illegal operatives to facilitate ideas that the Russians came to Trump/campaign as quid pro quo
Even if Trump didn’t win—he would likely get his Trump Tower

When Cruz crapped out Mercer offered Trump money if he would let Brannon run his campaign w/KellyAnn Conway—

Tom Barrack is the guy who headed the inaugural committee
He is hip deep in dirt
There was so much money laundered doing that inaugural it would go long way to building Trump’s Wall

Old 03-09-2019, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Of course. And, of course I did.

You just want to argue something already acknowledged?
No—I just wanted to point out that despite your equivocations you still failed to state the obvious—
Which you did in this post—
So thanks...

We should all admit that what we don’t know is much larger than the scope of what we do know...

Old 03-09-2019, 05:55 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
I love how Trump's campaign chant, "Lock her up!" is very appropriate for everyone close to Trump. Mr. Manafort is now just another man in another fort that may never see another free day in his life. This family crime syndicate is going down, one traitor at a time. Get ready for Trump to try and pardon this fool in order to try and escape justice. That would be a bigly mistake.

Wait. Didn't you guys say he'd get decades. What's up with that?

Old 03-10-2019, 06:23 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,063,396 times
Fact is, as leaky as this massive investigation has been over the past two years, there is not much chance of anything confirming collusion with a foreign government in the 2016 presidential election coming out.

We'll see. Until then, you got nothing. My points are deadly accurate, no one, not Paul Manafort, not his partner, not impressionable young Mr Papadopoulos....have plead guilty to or been sentenced for election collusion.

Which leads us back to the purely political reason for the entire Russian collusion hoax to begin; why would the newly majority Democrats in the house of Representatives stage and begin the plethora of quasi-investigations if it is so certain that Mr Mueller's investigation will finally bare fruit?

Could it be, politics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
No—I just wanted to point out that despite your equivocations you still failed to state the obvious—
Which you did in this post—
So thanks...

We should all admit that what we don’t know is much larger than the scope of what we do know...

Last edited by earthlyfather; 03-10-2019 at 06:41 AM..

Old 03-10-2019, 06:41 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,926,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Wait. Didn't you guys say he'd get decades. What's up with that?
What's up with that? Simple - an activist judge pursuing his own agenda. No one is surprised at the corruption within our justice system, the neo-fascist Right has been packing the courts for years.

Old 03-10-2019, 10:24 AM

ARticle about where part of money for Manafort's attorney came from
Convoluted but tied to Trump super PAC
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/10/paul...-campaign.html

Be patient
That PAC money went to Manafort seems illegal wo Trumps iversight

Old 03-10-2019, 01:07 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yet somehow Trump claimed the judge said there was no Russian Collusion which of course was never part of this trial as you stated.
Right. The lawyer came out to speak to individual one. Not the public. We dint exist in this little takeover of theirs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies