Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2019, 04:08 PM

447 posts, read 208,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
It always disturbs me to see how Americans have embraced violent rape as a legitimate punishment for men who commit crimes in our society. And in this case we're not even talking about violent crimes.
Wake up Pogue. This is the real world. Men get raped in prison. The predators dont care if you got caught with weed or murdered your wife. Its dog eat dog. Most of them just want your commisary money. Others want to display dominance by sexually assualting another. One way not to go down that route is to not commit crimes - violent or otherwise. Pretty simple for many people. Do I think Pauly deserves to be raped? NO. Will I feel sorry for him if that happens? No. He had a pretty, nice cushy life and he got greedy. The piper will be paid regardless of whether we think its fair or not.

Last edited by BobbyBratty; 02-23-2019 at 05:14 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
" I think I met him one time, I sort of remember him attending a meeting, or something. Isn't he the guy who sells shoes or something like that ?"

You know Trump will be doing his usual rope a dope, and distancing himself from Manafort as quickly as he can.
That rope is certainly getting tighter around the bad orange man.

Old 02-23-2019, 04:12 PM

8,447 posts, read 4,751,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyBratty View Post
Wake up Pogue. This is the real world. Men get raped in prison. The predators dont care if you got caught with weed or murdered your wife. Its dog eat dog. Most of them just want your commisary money. Others want to display dominance by sexually assualting another. One way not to go down that route is to not commit crimes - violent or otherwise. Pretty simple for many people. Do I think Pauly deserves to be raped? NO. Will I feel sorry for him if that happens? No. He had a pretty, nice cushy life and he got greedy. The piper must be paid.
Cushy life, deserves to be violently raped. You better hope nobody ever feels your life was too cushy.

I get the real world and all but celebrating the idea and hoping it happens to someone is a sign of low character in my estimation, especially when dealing with non violent crimes.

Old 02-23-2019, 04:26 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
But did Mueller specify which type of prison he will serve his time... the terrible, inhumane hell holes the public and low income, non-celebrities, get sent to, or the super exclusive 'rehabilitation centers', complete with tennis courts and swimming pools, armed security, etc that supposedly have never really existed? LOL
It's a good thing for Manafort he didn't. Mueller would just as soon stick him in an oubliette and let him entertain himself.

Old 02-23-2019, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Cushy life, deserves to be violently raped. You better hope nobody ever feels your life was too cushy.

I get the real world and all but celebrating the idea and hoping it happens to someone is a sign of low character in my estimation, especially when dealing with non violent crimes.
My life too cushy? ha! Quite the opposite. Living in a small room in an SRO with my dog. However, I am very grateful to be living here as I would be sleeping out on the streets until I could get into a warm shelter. Not sure they would allow my dog. Thank the universe everyday.

Never said I was celebrating the idea of old Pauly getting back doored. I just said that if it happens....oh well. Will you be writing him a get well card if that does happen? Saying a prayer for him at night? If so, carry on.

Old 02-23-2019, 04:29 PM

10,930 posts, read 11,723,439 times
Better Manafort than Trump, right?

Old 02-23-2019, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
It's a good thing for Manafort he didn't. Mueller would just as soon stick him in an oubliette and let him entertain himself.
Had to look that up. Yikes. He would probably choose that instead of taking his chances at OZ. I hear his health isnt great so he may not even make it through the next few years.

Old 02-23-2019, 04:36 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Hasn't Huckabee-Sanders already pushed the lie that Manafort was only briefly part of the campaign, that he left after the nomination, and that he had nothing to do with Trump or the campaign after that?

When in fact, Gates, Manafort's assistant, stayed on long after Manafort left and Trump continued to consult with Manafort right up through the election.
Trump, Manafort, and Stone have have been associates for forty years and worked on all sorts of things together. What one of them knew, they all did, in real time. I want to see Sanders try to lie her way out of that one.

When Manafort got to be too hot to handle, he left the campaign. That does not, however, mean he cut off all contact with the principals.

25 pages of sentencing recommendations, and 823 pages of addenda. Mueller knows more about the cirminals he investigates than they know about themselves, and he has all the evidence catalogued, footnoted, and cross referenced, with multiple sources wherever they are available. If he can produce this for just one of the targets, it boggles the mind to think about what it took to distill it down this far.

And some people want to know why the investigation is taking so long. Stay tuned. Mueller is just getting warmed up.

Old 02-23-2019, 04:43 PM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,588 times
Quote:
It always disturbs me to see how Americans have embraced violent rape as a legitimate punishment for men who commit crimes in our society. And in this case we're not even talking about violent crimes.
100% agree, I saw in the Jussie Smollett thread another poster making light of this, "I see jail time for this pretty boy who will be very popular behind bars." I don't get why people do this for people guilty or potentially guilty of crimes. And to boot, they say these things for crimes that, while serious, are nowhere close to murder, torture, rape, or molesting a child. Which in those cases I at least can partially understand it.

Like if someone robs a grocery store, are we all gonna sit together and have a laugh about how the robber will get raped in prison? It's seriously messed up.

Old 02-23-2019, 05:26 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
winning is anytime you make liberals cry. Even after the "report" they'll be whining and claiming conspiracies.

Well, now, isn't THAT a lofty goal for The President of the United States ! Who knew that his number one job was to make liberals cry and whine ? Here I thought he maybe was supposed to have a more lofty agenda, like maybe, uniting the country, making us more prosperous, aligning us with our many world friends and allies, and setting an example for the rest of us !

Who knew he was hired to be an instigator and clown ? You learn something every day ! If I would have known how this works, I would have voted for Don Rickles !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies