Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2019, 10:37 PM

4,911 posts, read 3,429,059 times

Advertisements

Admit what? That we'd like to win Texas? God damn you say "want to win Texas" like that's a bad thing. Of course we'd like to win Texas. It's the second largest state in the union.

oops, ok that may have confused some people who thought New York was the second largest. That's understandable because whenever the cons yammer and yap about the evil "big states" it's always "California and New York". They skip Texas because Texas is red and that kind of messes with their narrative that the big states are all blue. New York isn't even the third largest, that would be Florida. But that's a swing state. Texas comes in fourth.

Ok, back to the topic. I have never before heard that no wall would mean we win Texas, or would increase our chances. But if that's true I think that's a great reason for not having a wall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2019, 10:37 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,186,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
This BS again? How in the hell could a wall do more damage than the damage already done to our country by millions of illegals here sucking up our jobs, taxes and resources to the tune of billions of dollars a year not to mention the criminal element and possible terrorists coming through our southern border. You anti-wall people make no sense at all!

As for the land owners that don't want a wall on their properties they can just deal with the illegal trespassers, criminals and drug runners who will then just funnel right through their properties. They'd be begging for a wall in no time. No one is suggesting that we build a wall along our entire border only in the porous places where it's well needed. No, walls with legal ports of entry and remote places where there is no need for a wall will not damage ecosystems and I value human life over animal life anyway.

We already help the countries that these illegals and so-called asylum seekers are fleeing from to no avail. They need to start straightening themselves out. We have enough trying to provide healthcare, education, etc. to our own citizens. We can't be the saviors and dictators to the whole world. We need to do all we can to secure our border that includes erecting good physical barriers where they are needed.
Pointing the facts out to liberals is useless.

Old 03-09-2019, 02:08 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Wall is an expensive way to find out motivated migrants will just go around it,it will not solve the intended purpose but cost American tax payers tens of billions of dollars to achieve very little in the way of illegal migrant deterrance..

Old 03-09-2019, 03:10 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merriman80 View Post
Let's be real here, it's one of the reasons.
Care to explain?

Old 03-09-2019, 05:47 AM

23,971 posts, read 15,075,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
My dad spent a year (July 73-June 74) living in Grand Prarie, TX (which is in the Dallas area); and while working at Six Flags, his first day, at lunch break, all his co-workers pulled out bibles, and when he didn't, they said he was a sinner and going to hell. Sounds real liberal to me......
I grew up in Houston. Never understood the competition between Houston and Dallas until we were transferred there. I had lived for a time in Austin, Waco, Galveston, San Antonio, Beaumont. The first question I was asked at a neighborhood gathering is 'when were you saved'. Nobody had ever said such a thing, and i have never heard it since. Religion is a showy kind of thing in that part of Texas. IMO it's as much social as religion.

Anytime you get the idea that Texans want a wall, ask what they would be willing to give up to get it. Their $80 a foot sprawling suburban houses, their $20 a week yardman, Shipley donuts, Pappas restaurants, .99 a pound boneless chicken breast at the grocery store.

Old 03-09-2019, 06:47 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Admit what? That we'd like to win Texas? God damn you say "want to win Texas" like that's a bad thing. Of course we'd like to win Texas. It's the second largest state in the union.

oops, ok that may have confused some people who thought New York was the second largest. That's understandable because whenever the cons yammer and yap about the evil "big states" it's always "California and New York". They skip Texas because Texas is red and that kind of messes with their narrative that the big states are all blue. New York isn't even the third largest, that would be Florida. But that's a swing state. Texas comes in fourth.

Ok, back to the topic. I have never before heard that no wall would mean we win Texas, or would increase our chances. But if that's true I think that's a great reason for not having a wall.
I see, party above the safety and security of our country and its citizens. Gotcha.

Old 03-09-2019, 09:28 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,792,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merriman80 View Post
I want the wall and many other security measures put in place because it makes sense.

Not wanting a wall is suicide
Hyperbolic much? How many years has there been a labor pool for illegal immigrants? There was an enclave of Hispanics in the white flight from the city town I grew up in in the 60's. I just sold my childhood house last November and there is still that enclave of Hispanics living in those same apartment buildings. How many are illegal? One can only guess. They've been coming here for decades. That makes it a pretty snail paced suicide ya think?

Pew Research Center has an interesting break down of the flow of illegal immigrants which includes legal asylum seekers from the Central American triangle. Maybe a little less fear mongering and a lot more facts may help you understand the issue?

"The number of unauthorized immigrants was lower in 2016 since 2004. The number of Mexican unauthorized immigrants declined since 2007, but the total from other nations changed little. So we have Mexican illegals declining and illegal immigrants from other countries remaining the same. They're coming from the Caribbean, Europe, Canada, Asia, Middle East North Africa, sub-Sahara Africa, and the rest of the world. Yep , I even knew an illegal from the Philippines.

What we have on the Southern border is more people seeking asylum because of a humanitarian crisis and a wall won't stop that.

Just curious. What facts did you base that suicide statement on?

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...on-in-the-u-s/

Old 03-09-2019, 09:49 AM

18,438 posts, read 8,268,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post

What we have on the Southern border is more people seeking asylum because of a humanitarian crisis and a wall won't stop that.

]
no...but a wall with make them go over 100 ft and come in legally

Old 03-09-2019, 09:56 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,768,836 times
Admit it, your almost exclusively white party is threatened by the emerging diverse younger generations.

Last edited by Winter_Sucks; 03-09-2019 at 10:57 AM..

Old 03-09-2019, 10:14 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,870,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Admit it, you’re almost exclusively white party is threatened by the emerging diverse younger generations.
Yep. The GOP as it exists now is heading for extinction because the younger generations have rejected the party wholesale. Young voters turned out in record numbers in the 2018 midterms and voted Democratic by wide margins, 67/32 percent. Texas is a bellwether of how the country is trending. It will be blue within a few years. There simply aren't enough old white Christians left to keep the Republican party going for much longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies