Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 01:43 PM

176 posts, read 278,723 times

Advertisements

Has anyone heard of the Jena 6 and if so what are your views on the mistreatment of those students who got into an ordinary school fight but was it because of race that changed the whole story of the justice or misjustice those students faced. Then they wonder why the race card is always pulled and mentioned. You guys finally understand and see why?????? See why the aggression is there and the tension and the behaviours that you guys see directly and indirectly? UNDERSTAND now??? Not condoning the actions of some but just hoping you guys understand. Again, understand why the anger and tension is here upon us?

Last edited by triniboy; 08-30-2007 at 02:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2007, 04:34 PM

415 posts, read 1,961,358 times
I'm not seeing it....
What does this have to do with Maryland? When was the last time you saw a noose from a tree here in MD? Yes, if the whole truth is out, and this is the entire story, then this is a tragedy. However, please remember that the incident was started when several blacks decided to provoke the issue instead of having a rational discussion about unequal treatment. Both sides are to blame here, with neither side trying to work with the other.
But again, what does this have to do with Maryland? If your argument for any "unequal treatment" of people of different skin color depends on an incident that happened over 1000 miles away, then that's pretty sad...

Old 08-30-2007, 04:39 PM

61 posts, read 364,714 times
the kids in the jena 6 got tried by in all white jury wow

Old 08-30-2007, 07:11 PM

How unfair is that. I live in Maryland and thought it was an oppressive thing to do and wanted to see what other "Marylanders" thought about it. That's all. Take it easy bud.Again, just face the facts of how the entire country is. Not every person but it makes it so awflly hard to trust people and not have tensions when you see stuff like this. People need to talk about it and wake up and realize that it's a serious issue and is rubbish the way some people think they can get away and take advantage of others. Give everybody the same chance. Why be afraid of others potential and ability? Juust because some of your kind might fall along the way. That`s the way it suppose to be. Every man equal.

Old 08-31-2007, 01:40 AM

1,463 posts, read 6,222,866 times
Its terrible unfortunately necessary to remind people that discrimination and racism still exists. It doesn't matter that the black kids started it. What matters is that two groups committed a violation against local codes and only one is being brought to justice under the possibility of severe sentencing thats far and a way beyond whats necessary. This crap happened to Allen Iverson, Genarlow Wilson, and tons of other people of color.

But its one reason why I refuse to live past Northern VA, and the typical backward south.......

Old 08-31-2007, 07:23 AM

I would have gone crazy down there because I`m not letting no man take advantage of me. A MAN IS JUST A MAN. When i saw the white guys face I was like look at this redneck looking dude causing all these problems for these kids. So sad.

Old 08-31-2007, 07:59 AM

415 posts, read 1,961,358 times
Triniboy,
Please try to understand my point of view. Racism continues to exist because it is fueled by people who keep bringing the subject to the forefront of our national media. When you say something like "See why the aggression is there and the tension and the behaviours that you guys see directly and indirectly?", to me, you're trying to say "An event that happened a thousand miles away, which in no way directly involves me, and all I have to go on is the media reports, is to blame for me being an arse to you here in Maryland."
Like I said, to me it seems BOTH sides are to blame down there in Louisiana, and personally I think they're crazy for instigating the problem in the first place, but that's my OPINION, nothing more, nothing less. Yes, it is unfair that they did not get a jury of their peers as they're supposed to, but it should be a mix of ALL people down there, not just all of one color. The public defender should be fired for his actions, if indeed he did not even attempt to defend his client. Why is nobody calling for his termination here?
But still, the attitude of "I'm going to be a jerk because of something that happened thousands of miles away" is pretty poor.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:05 AM

That is true but it`s hard to not judge or not wonder what other people are thinking of. I understand what your saying but it`s hard. I`m sure you understand sort of where I`m coming from. So hard.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:28 AM

692 posts, read 1,732,569 times
Ignoring the issues of race, racism, and class will not make it all go away. If we don't talk about these issues nothing will ever change. I don't believe the head the sand approach as ever solved any problems.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:30 AM

Exactly, we have to talk about these issues. Tell them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies