Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2019, 03:49 AM

283 posts, read 172,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Jesus never said a word about any of this...I expect you know that though.
When confronted with verses in the New Testament against homosexuality, homosexual advocates will quickly go to another myth of homosexuality. And that is, Jesus never condemned homosexuality. That argument is flawed in important ways.

Matthew 10, 15
Matthew 11, 21-24
Luke 10, 12-15
Luke 17, 26-29

ect ect..

Don't forget Saint Paul..

Sin and Sinner

In Matthew 19 the Pharisees tried to trick Jesus by questioning Him on the issue of divorce and remarriage. Jesus answered by going back to God’s original plan for human sexuality, which is this: sex is reserved for a marriage relationship between a man and a woman.. So Elton John and husband ( or wife ? ) are not respecting the original plan of God.

At that time did not exist the words Homosexual/homosexuality.. there were not LGBT movements at that time..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2019, 03:57 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiago12 View Post
When confronted with verses in the New Testament against homosexuality, homosexual advocates will quickly go to another myth of homosexuality. And that is, Jesus never condemned homosexuality. That argument is flawed in important ways.
You said "Jesus said". He did not.

I wonder what he would have thought about Catholic Priests and alter boys.

Old 04-01-2019, 04:00 AM

349 posts, read 260,572 times
Quote:
Sending thier kid just like anyone else is not tearing down anything.
Yes, it is. They are not like anyone else. Why else would gay/liberal same-sex parents attempt to enter their child to a conservative establishment?

Old 04-01-2019, 04:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WacoBill View Post
Yes, it is. They are not like anyone else. Why else would gay/liberal same-sex parents attempt to enter their child to a conservative establishment?
I already addressed that. It's one of the more frustrating things about posting here. You answer a question and in no time someone is asking it again.

Where I live the church pre-school is the only one in town. Is that the case here? I don't know. Could be.

So much for caring about the kid. I wonder if his earliest memory of the church will be getting kicked out.

Old 04-01-2019, 04:14 AM

Quote:
I already addressed that. It's one of the more frustrating things about posting here. You answer a question and in no time someone is asking it again.

Where I live the church pre-school is the only one in town. Is that the case here? I don't know. Could be.

So much for caring about the kid. I wonder if his earliest memory of the church will be getting kicked out.
You started quoting me. That's where I began my conversation with you.

So, you are basing your argument upon a lot of presumptions. The point is, where this is taking place, liberalism is attacking conservatism. Not where you live. Not your wondering of what the child will remember about this. It is about that place, and those people.

Old 04-01-2019, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WacoBill View Post
You started quoting me. That's where I began my conversation with you.

So, you are basing your argument upon a lot of presumptions. The point is, where this is taking place, liberalism is attacking conservatism. Not where you live. Not your wondering of what the child will remember about this. It is about that place, and those people.
Is being kicked out of church the earliest memory you want implanted in a kids mind concerning the church?

You think there aren't other kids who have parents that are banging those they are not married to?

Old 04-01-2019, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Is being kicked out of church the earliest memory you want implanted in a kids mind concerning the church?

You think there aren't other kids who have parents that are banging those they are not married to?
The topic is about same-sex parents trying to get their child in a conservative establishment.

It is not about what I want for that child. It is not about who is banging whom.

Old 04-01-2019, 05:58 AM

283 posts, read 172,506 times
Quote:
You said "Jesus said". He did not.

I wonder what he would have thought about Catholic Priests and alter boys.

If you don't trust the Gospels is your problem.. Please don't teach the Christian Church what are Jesus's messagges..
Everybody knows that Jesus wrote nothing..and everybody knows that a Christians must have faith in the apostle "writings".. the earlier writings..
Don't forget what the fist Father's Church wrote about Jesus and the Church..

Catholic means "universal",Gospels ( apostles), traditions ( of the very first Church's Fathers who met personally people who knew Jesus directly). For this reason Catholic Church can't change...... never... The catholic priests can be sinners ( as any other human being) but the Catholic magister is based on Gospels and the truth old "traditions" of the very first FATHERS OF THE CHURCH..

Old 04-01-2019, 06:06 AM

20,109 posts, read 9,018,880 times
private enterprise just like a bakery or restaurant. If they don't want you, you will not be served. Libs were ecstatic when Sarah Sanders was kicked out of a business establishment. So many hypocrites...

Old 04-01-2019, 06:55 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,163,816 times
Quote:

This is an easy one to address. They live in a suburb/bedroom community of Kansas City. Their own community has too many preschools to list, but here’s a few:
  • Prairie Early Childhood Center
  • Little Owly's Nest for Knowledge
  • Global Montessori Academy
  • St Ann's Young Child Center
  • Village Preschool
  • Asbury Children's Center
  • Ward Parkway Preschool
  • Johnson County Montessori School
  • St Michael's Day School
  • Highlawn Montessori School
  • Bethany Lutheran Preschool and Mother's Day Out
  • Monarch Montessori School
Notice that even with this short list, there are quite a few that have no religious affiliation. Plus there are all the ones in Kansas City and Overland Park.

As a responsible educator, who personally has no religious opinion of the parent’s lifestyle choice, I would do the exact same thing the school did. Since there are so many other options it is CRUEL to take a child whose family will be declared sinful if the topic comes up, whether in school or at other children’s home. In the public schools if Little Johnny says “My mom says Little Mary’s two dads are going to burn in Hell if they don’t repent,” the teacher or counselor will have a big discussion about how we all have different values/choices and every family is different, in the catholic school the discussion can only be about how we love the sinner, but not the sin. Unbelievably cruel for any parent to think it’s okay to voluntarily put their child in that situation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies