Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2019, 05:15 PM

30,635 posts, read 18,222,068 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
We as gay ppl should not be giving our earned income to notoriously bigoted organizations. These dumb lesbians really should have known better.
There's that, too. Why try to patronize/fit in with people/places where you know you are hated because of who you are?? That's long been mind-boggling to me. Now, it would be one thing if this was a government school as the government must accommodate/educate all, regardless of sex, sexual orientation, etc., of family members. But this is a private (and religious) organization.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
I wish they would just tax churches. They get away with tax evasion.
I don't think that's the way either. Churches and other religious organizations do a lot of good for their communities, even though some of them engage in regrettable behavior like in the OP. All taking away tax exempt statuses would do is hard the neediest among us.

Old 03-09-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
This is why I don't support taxpayer money being used to grant vouchers for private schools. They are free to discriminate against anyone for any reason. I don't want my tax dollars funding classism and discrimination.
Government is always free to impose restrictions/set limits minimum standards for schools accepting voucher dollars. Nothing in a government voucher policy inherently sanctions discrimination.

Old 03-09-2019, 05:51 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
As long as they aren’t taking taxpayer money, they’re free to discriminate.

Apparently, this atheist knows the Bible better than these *******s. “Suffer the little children to come to me...â€

Maybe they’d learn it if other parents who know the Bible pulled their kids from this anti-Jesus religious school. One could hope.
Oh, but Jesus' words have to be interpreted, read in context, and understood on the proper spiritual level, as laid down in Church doctrine. You can't just go and quote Christ at Christians, they take offense.

Old 03-09-2019, 05:53 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
The Kansas case is not the only such case. And in each instance, the school was supported, as it should have been, by the diocese and archdiocese.

One might ask why a same-sex couple would want to enroll their child in a religious school which, by its very nature, infuses every subject with its religious teachings. Or maybe, they're not supposed to do that anymore if the child of a same-sex couple is admitted. That's probably the agenda, with one admission followed by more, then a secular landscape in which young children aren't made to feel "uncomfortable." And that's most likely why same-sex parents in other cases have refused to agree with the schools' missions, unlike divorced parents, who expect the school to follow its teachings with respect to the sanctity of marriage, despite the collapse of their own.

Sure, that's the agenda. And it's really no different from that of same-sex couples-to-be who smell a Christian baker--then call CNN.

If these parents want a private education for their child, then they should find an institution which conforms to their beliefs. Why would they want anything else?

Old 03-09-2019, 06:28 PM

293 posts, read 121,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
The Kansas case is not the only such case. And in each instance, the school was supported, as it should have been, by the diocese and archdiocese.

One might ask why a same-sex couple would want to enroll their child in a religious school which, by its very nature, infuses every subject with its religious teachings. Or maybe, they're not supposed to do that anymore if the child of a same-sex couple is admitted. That's probably the agenda, with one admission followed by more, then a secular landscape in which young children aren't made to feel "uncomfortable." And that's most likely why same-sex parents in other cases have refused to agree with the schools' missions, unlike divorced parents, who expect the school to follow its teachings with respect to the sanctity of marriage, despite the collapse of their own.

Sure, that's the agenda. And it's really no different from that of same-sex couples-to-be who smell a Christian baker--then call CNN.

If these parents want a private education for their child, then they should find an institution which conforms to their beliefs. Why would they want anything else?
You convinced me

Eliminating out-dated, hateful ideas is bad.
Continuing to teach them is good, actually.

Old 03-09-2019, 07:30 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,808,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualBaseball View Post
You convinced me

Eliminating out-dated, hateful ideas is bad.
Continuing to teach them is good, actually.
Everything isn't all about you. Get over yourself.

Old 03-09-2019, 07:47 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,733,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
Could you provide some sort of evidence of this? I mean, according to pretty much every search I perform on the subject, roughly 30 to 35% of the population of this planet identify as Christians. And of those, about 1.3 billion are Catholics. Also, if the church or "religion" is dying, then why is it that only about 16% of the people on this planet are non-religious, while the other 84% remain committed to one faith or another. The church is absolutely not going anywhere. People who aren't affiliated at all with any form of religion are an extreme minority both in this country and on this planet. Hatred/dislike for the church and/or the rules which they have existed under for hundreds if not thousands of years is also a minority view/opinion and will never actually result in the demise of the Catholic Church or any church/religion for that matter. If you don't like their rules/opinions, step aside and respect their rights to live under different rules than you may choose to live under yourself. This whole idea that everything and everyone must change to make a minority group of people happy is ridiculous.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...us_populations

VATICAN - CATHOLIC CHURCH STATISTICS 2018 - Agenzia Fides

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...n_2323664.html

People wouldn't hate the church so much if they'd mind their own damn business and quit trying to regulate everyone's lives. Not forcing their religion on others who want no part of it would go a long way to improving relations with the non-religious.

Old 03-09-2019, 08:10 PM

6,835 posts, read 2,399,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post

Sometimes I think an LGBT person will intentionally go to a conservative setting so as to make it a case of "Yes, I know this setting doesn't adhere to my lifestyle. However, I am going anyway to make myself a victim and to pull the 'homophobe' or 'transphobe' card".

Old 03-09-2019, 08:23 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,122,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Sometimes I think an LGBT person will intentionally go to a conservative setting so as to make it a case of "Yes, I know this setting doesn't adhere to my lifestyle. However, I am going anyway to make myself a victim and to pull the 'homophobe' or 'transphobe' card".
And there we have it, the martyr card! Only took a few pages!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies