Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 06:37 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,230,847 times

Advertisements

Drake a (c)rapper who (c)rapped the evils about climate change, decided a Boeing 767 was what he needed. So he buys a cargo 767 to outfit as a outlandish private oasis with Air Drake stencilled on the engine nacelles.

I guess the tons of carbon that plane would emit doesn’t apply to him.

Climatedepot.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2019, 10:25 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,771,128 times
No surprise. The elite think conservation is for the little people, not them.

Old 05-11-2019, 10:56 AM

4,661 posts, read 1,954,435 times
He should talk to Al Gore to see how he can help the environment even more.

Old 05-11-2019, 10:59 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,711,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Drake a (c)rapper who (c)rapped the evils about climate change, decided a Boeing 767 was what he needed. So he buys a cargo 767 to outfit as a outlandish private oasis with Air Drake stencilled on the engine nacelles.

I guess the tons of carbon that plane would emit doesn’t apply to him.

Climatedepot.com

What other means of transportation should he use to get around that would allow him to keep up with his tight schedule?

I'm the furthest thing from a Drake fan, but I would like to know your answer to my question.

Old 05-11-2019, 11:09 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
What other means of transportation should he use to get around that would allow him to keep up with his tight schedule?

I'm the furthest thing from a Drake fan, but I would like to know your answer to my question.
Maybe a regular sized private plane? You know, like every other wealthy person or celebrity has...how many have seen the need for a 767 sized plane?!

Even with the massive ego Trump has, his private plane before he was elected was nothing close to something as large as a 767! Plus, I believe in Trumps case, he actually bought a used plane and had it redone, it was a larger sized plane, but not even close to the size of a freighter.

I think this is probably a stunt, (Boeing may be involved, just to have their name associated with the story) Drake is definitely a well known, successful artist, but I doubt even he could afford the $220M price tag, not to mention the maintenance and staff that comes with it. Recording artists and musicians are very well paid today...but they are NOT this wealthy!!

Old 05-11-2019, 11:12 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,566 times
Quote:

If he is going to tout the evils of climate change, he should take an electric motor coach with solar and wind backup. Prove the crap you're demanding everyone else live off works by doing it yourself.

Old 05-11-2019, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Maybe a regular sized private plane? You know, like every other wealthy person or celebrity has...how many have seen the need for a 767 sized plane?!

Even with the massive ego Trump has, his private plane before he was elected was nothing close to something as large as a 767! Plus, I believe in Trumps case, he actually bought a used plane and had it redone, it was a larger sized plane, but not even close to the size of a freighter.

I think this is probably a stunt, (Boeing may be involved, just to have their name associated with the story) Drake is definitely a well known, successful artist, but I doubt even he could afford the $220M price tag, not to mention the maintenance and staff that comes with it. Recording artists and musicians are very well paid today...but they are NOT this wealthy!!
My understanding is that the jet he paid for was valued between $80 and $100 million for it. Given that he's worth $140 million, he can most certainly afford it. And even if he couldn't, that's none of our business.

As far as the suggestion about buying a smaller private jet, that's fair. Even so, Drake is far from the only celebrity hypocrite. We have a massive one in the White House as I type.

Old 05-11-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
If he is going to tout the evils of climate change, he should take an electric motor coach with solar and wind backup. Prove the crap you're demanding everyone else live off works by doing it yourself.
Going everywhere in a bus simply isn't practical for someone with the demanding schedule that Drake has.

Old 05-11-2019, 11:39 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Which as you know does not exist. They don't and some of that is by the gas companies and car companies squashing electric as much as they could. I mean besides the Prius (which is mocked by "car guys") name a successful electric car. I dare you. The fact is we are as much hypocrites for laughing at climate change bell ringers for hypocrisy as they are. If we don't give an honest try to alternative fuel sources, why condemn people when they have to buy others?

FYI, not a Drake fan. Was kind of a fan of his Degrassi character especially about season 4 on (this was leading into him getting shot.)

Old 05-11-2019, 11:43 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,608,522 times
Quote:
My understanding is that the jet he paid for was valued between $80 and $100 million for it. Given that he's worth $140 million, he can most certainly afford it. And even if he couldn't, that's none of our business.

As far as the suggestion about buying a smaller private jet, that's fair. Even so, Drake is far from the only celebrity hypocrite. We have a massive one in the White House as I type.
If he is worth $140M, and the plane cost $100M...he cannot afford it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies