Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 03:49 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,091,858 times

Advertisements

She's not dumb. She's young and inexperienced, and her heart is in the right place.

". . . there's all this fear mongering that government is going to take over every corporation and government is going to take over every business or every form of production, we should be scared right now because corporations have taken over our government"

This is an excellent point.

Last edited by AguaDulce; 03-10-2019 at 04:46 PM.. Reason: fixed typo
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2019, 03:51 PM

31,340 posts, read 14,247,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
She's not dumb. She's young and inexperienced, and her heart is in the right place.

". . . there's all this fearmongering that government is going to take over every corporation and government is going to take over every business or every form of production, we should be scared right now because corporations have taken over our government"

This is an excellent point.
Well...… I'm not happy about Corporate American owning the government ---- but I am more scared of 100 more AOC's getting power, because that will be the end of the country as we know it. I'll take the devil I know rather than the devil I don't.

Old 03-10-2019, 03:54 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,322 times
She is definitely not just dumb. Dumb would be you don't know certain things. She's an idiot, which is an even lower level of intelligence.

Anyone who thinks corporations have "taken over" the government is an idiot. Commies and America-haters have taken over, not corps.

But, its dumb to equate corporate influence with government power...they are not the same thing. You don't HAVE to transact business with a corporation (except of course when the commies that hijacked the government mandate that you have to, which is what the left has accomplished and done to America.)

Old 03-10-2019, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Well...… I'm not happy about Corporate American owning the government ---- but I am more scared of 100 more AOC's getting power, because that will be the end of the country as we know it. I'll take the devil I know rather than the devil I don't.
Fair enough.

Old 03-10-2019, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
it's dumb to equate corporate influence with government power
How so?

Old 03-10-2019, 04:14 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,322 times
Quote:
How so?
Because they aren't the same thing, DUH.

You don't HAVE to interact with a corporation. They have no power over you. They can't lock you up or tax you or force you to do anything you don't want to do...but the government can, and does do those things all of the time, to everyone.

I mean, why in the world would you ever equate the two? What in your life experience has EVER even ONCE given you the idea that they are same thing?

Tell us when did Walmart come knocking on your door demanding your personal financial information and threatening you with bodily force and harm if you don't comply? When did they do that to you, I want to know. When has any corporation even once intercepted you in a public space and demanded that you identify yourself to them, or claimed you were breaking some rule you never agreed to abide by or even knew about?

Old 03-10-2019, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Because they aren't the same thing, DUH.

You don't HAVE to interact with a corporation. They have no power over you. They can't lock you up or tax you or force you to do anything you don't want to do...but the government can, and does do those things all of the time, to everyone.

I mean, why in the world would you ever equate the two? What in your life experience has EVER even ONCE given you the idea that they are same thing?

Tell us when did Walmart come knocking on your door demanding your personal financial information and threatening you with bodily force and harm if you don't comply? When did they do that to you, I want to know. When has any corporation even once intercepted you in a public space and demanded that you identify yourself to them, or claimed you were breaking some rule you never agreed to abide by or even knew about?
Are you being disingenuous or simply misrepresenting my argument to make it easier to attack?

Old 03-10-2019, 04:32 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
Ocasio still dumb, inexperienced, and full of crap... She later said she wanted Amazon to come back... You know those evil corporations taking over the government...

Old 03-10-2019, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Ocasio still dumb, inexperienced, and full of crap... She later said she wanted Amazon to come back... You know those evil corporations taking over the government...
So, you don't think that corporations have a disproportionate degree of political power, directly related to the contributions they make to public officeholders who in turn enact favorable tax policies and grant government contracts, etc.?

Old 03-10-2019, 04:42 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
Quote:
So, you don't think that corporations have a disproportionate degree of political power, directly related to the contributions they make to public officeholders who in turn enact favorable tax policies and grant government contracts, etc.?
Maybe you make a new thread about that, I thought the topic was about how dumb Ocasio is...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies