Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 10:54 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,342,936 times

Advertisements

One if the few things I supported Trump on was Syria withdrawal.

We have spent far to much money, most of which is off the books each year on killing people in 3rd through 5th world **** holes.

The problem is Americans as a whole behave as a hive mind politically. This is why we are in the mess we are in. Everything is so polarized it's about making the other side look bad as opposed to getting things fixed.

We're broke. We've peaked. Enjoy the slow decendency from the top all due to our internal issues.

All those years playing world police and building up a massive military only to be done in by our own shadow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2019, 11:00 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I don’t care. As long as terrorists were killed.
Yep.

When Obama authorized a military unit going into Pakistan and killing bin laden he secured your vote and mine for his second term.

Old 03-10-2019, 11:05 PM

29,515 posts, read 22,653,459 times
A monumental waste of life and resources and tax payer dollars, to say the least.

That money could have been used to help our own countrymen, not line the pockets of corrupt regimes in Iraq and Afghanistan. Beyond obscene and we have zero reason to be there.

Those who were involved in the 9/11 attacks, including those who aided and abetted the enemy, were long ago killed. There was zero reason to be in either country for as long as we have been. The Taliban have experienced a resurgence to strength levels never before seen.

A sobering reminder that anytime there's a 'war' on anything involving the U.S., like the "war on drugs," it's a recipe for disaster and utter failure.

$45 Billion in Tax Dollars Goes Missing in Afghanistan

How the US sent $12bn in cash to Iraq. And watched it vanish

How the U.S. Lost Billions Over 9 Years in Iraq

Despite $900 Billion Spent and 2,400 U.S. Lives Lost, Afghanistan Continues to Deteriorate

U.S. has lost sight of cash from $70 billion sent to Afghanistan: Inspector General

Corruption in Iraq: Where Did All the Money Go?

Old 03-10-2019, 11:24 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,624,170 times
Ike warned us about the Military Industrial Complex and only in the US are Wars "profitable".
How much money did Cheney make off the invasion of Iraq?
Forgive me for being cynical but every time I hear about one of our troops getting killed overseas and being lauded as heroes who died for our country I think did they die for us or for corporate America?

Old 03-11-2019, 12:14 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Honestly, of all the crap we argue about in America politics, this should be a bigger debate point.

We waste so much money on senseless wars backed by a ridiculous military complex. And don't forget the untold toll on people caught in these wars...

Think of all of the amazing things we could have done with that money for the American people. This just depresses me on so many levels...

Old 03-11-2019, 12:15 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Ike warned us about the Military Industrial Complex and only in the US are Wars "profitable".
How much money did Cheney make off the invasion of Iraq?
Forgive me for being cynical but every time I hear about one of our troops getting killed overseas and being lauded as heroes who died for our country I think did they die for us or for corporate America?
You know the answer...

Old 03-11-2019, 01:46 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
And the irony is that politicians of both parties have fought efforts by Trump to get us out of those wars. I guess the profits are just too great for either party to have any morality.
Yeah...Trump's morals are stellar...lmao
Quote:
Trump reportedly told the Pentagon to increase the defense budget to $750 billion after saying he would cut spending by 5%
https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...ending-2018-12

Trump wants to cut non-defense program spending by an average of 5 percent below caps that Congress had set for fiscal 2019, the OMB said in a release.

“President Trump added nearly $2 trillion to our deficits with tax cuts for the wealthy and large corporations, and now it appears his budget asks the American people to pay the price,” said John Yarmuth, Democratic chairman of the House Budget Committee, who added: “It has no chance in the House.”
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1QS02D

Old 03-11-2019, 01:54 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
Just think what we could have done with that money gone to wars.

Old 03-11-2019, 02:37 AM

4,696 posts, read 5,822,831 times
The money doesn't bother me, how we spent it did. I was against the Iraq war from the start. I was all over the Internet in 2003 speaking out against it. I liked Saddam he was a secularist and Iraq had nothing to do with 911. Instead I wanted us to go to war against Saudi. I dreamed that we could bomb and destroy Mecca and other Muslim holy sites. Of course the U.S would never fight Saudi, they are our ally which speaks volumes of bad things about the U.S.

I was excited about the Afghanistan war at first because I hate the Taliban with a passion. The problem is the U.S put no genuine effort to destroy the Taliban which is why they are thriving today. Keep in mind the CIA invented the Taliban to help fight Russia in their war against Afghanistan. So of course we wouldn't destroy something we invented in the first place.

Old 03-11-2019, 03:47 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
That could be. Or he simply gave up this time instead of doing the right thing for this nation. Given that Dems have fought every effort to protect the lives of American citizens, and his party has done very little to support him, that is understandable.

Just HOW does standing beside a thug like Putin, failing to even question Russia's involvement in US elections while throwing the entire US intelligence community under the bus protect the lives of American citizens?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies