Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-01-2019, 10:37 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,943,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
What Ohiogirl received is the standard "well woman" exam she would have had if she had gone to any gynecologist's office.

Gynecologists do not treat diabetes either. If they do blood work and discover a patient is diabetic they refer her to her primary care doctor.
Exactly.

PP has a very narrow focus of care. They are not the end-all, be-all of healthcare. Most people -- more than HALF the population have zero reason to go there. PP does not offer breast cancer screenings, in spite of what posters keep posting.

They offer pregnancy and STD testing, pap smears, BC, and abortions. So why all the arguing about what they offer? They do NOT offer healthcare. They offer limited testing. PP does not test for blood sugar, they wouldn't even know if a patient had diabetes.

I guess I'm a healthcare provider when I take my own BP at the local pharmacy and when I weigh myself at the grocery? That's your barometer for healthcare?

PP refers everything OUT. They do not TREAT anything. Except, well here's an antibiotic for STD XYZ, and here's an abortion.

Everything else? Go see someone else.

Old 04-01-2019, 10:40 AM

Quote:
That is not how medical services are coded. A visit results in a CPT code that describes the complexity of the service provided. One office visit is one office visit.

Additional codes are used for each service that may be billed for. That does not include counting one birth control pill as a "visit". it would include a code for collecting the Pap smear, for example. All of the other services, such as measuring blood pressure, are included in the CPT for the visit.

If Johnson is that unfamiliar with medical coding she certainly does not know "behind doors of how they operate."
Why don't you get familiar with her? She was there for almost a decade, was the youngest director and given an award at a banquet where she met Hilary Clinton ( I think she sat next to her, but can't remember).

Why don't you learn FIRSTHAND from someone who was in the org and knows exactly how it works?

Who has spoken freely without legal prosecution because she is TELLING THE TRUTH?

What are you afraid of learning? That your blind faith was wrong?

Old 04-01-2019, 10:43 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Why don't you get familiar with her? She was there for almost a decade, was the youngest director and given an award at a banquet where she met Hilary Clinton ( I think she sat next to her, but can't remember).

Why don't you learn FIRSTHAND from someone who was in the org and knows exactly how it works?

Who has spoken freely without legal prosecution because she is TELLING THE TRUTH?

What are you afraid of learning? That your blind faith was wrong?
Not telling the truth is not a crime unless you lie to someone in the legal system, so there is nothing that would cause "legal prosecution".

Old 04-01-2019, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Not telling the truth is not a crime unless you lie to someone in the legal system, so there is nothing that would cause "legal prosecution".
Well, why doesn't Planned Parenthood sue her since you think all she is saying is lies? That's slander. Her book and movie? Libel. Where is the lawsuit -- since according to you -- Abby Johnson is just a liar? Shouldn't PP have her shut down 100% by now?

And how do you know she is liar, considering your own admission is that you refuse to learn anything about her?

I'm really curious. What has she been untruthful about, specifcally?

Old 04-01-2019, 11:38 AM

37,102 posts, read 41,261,487 times
Quote:
Well, why doesn't Planned Parenthood sue her since you think all she is saying is lies? That's slander. Her book and movie? Libel. Where is the lawsuit -- since according to you -- Abby Johnson is just a liar? Shouldn't PP have her shut down 100% by now?

And how do you know she is liar, considering your own admission is that you refuse to learn anything about her?

I'm really curious. What has she been untruthful about, specifcally?
Specifically:

Abby Johnson = LIAR

"According to Planned Parenthood, there is no record of an ultrasound-guided abortion performed on September 26. The physician on duty told the organization that he did not use an ultrasound that day, nor did Johnson assist on any abortion procedure."

"When I asked if she could provide any other details of what she saw that day to help firm up her story, Johnson volunteered that the patient in question was a black woman, a description that she has never previously included in her account. Only one patient from September 26 was black, according to the Induced Abortion Report Form, and she was in the sixth week of her pregnancy."

Johnson had been placed on a performance review and was in danger of losing her job.

She also gave an interview complimentary of Planned Parenthood the day after she supposedly had her "conversion".

No, I do not believe her story.

Old 04-01-2019, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Specifically:

Abby Johnson = LIAR

"According to Planned Parenthood, there is no record of an ultrasound-guided abortion performed on September 26. The physician on duty told the organization that he did not use an ultrasound that day, nor did Johnson assist on any abortion procedure."

"When I asked if she could provide any other details of what she saw that day to help firm up her story, Johnson volunteered that the patient in question was a black woman, a description that she has never previously included in her account. Only one patient from September 26 was black, according to the Induced Abortion Report Form, and she was in the sixth week of her pregnancy."

Johnson had been placed on a performance review and was in danger of losing her job.

She also gave an interview complimentary of Planned Parenthood the day after she supposedly had her "conversion".

No, I do not believe her story.
Please link to the PP statement that calls her a liar, not a second-rate blog. And to the court documents where they tried to sue her, and failed.

I kinda think this would've come up when PP tried to sue her, don't you?

You are basing your belief on a blog page that took you an HOUR to find [ADD: And I highly doubt you ever read it before you posted it here. It was something that you could link to, and all you could find]. You are the queen of links. Nope, this one doesn't pass muster.

Try again. Get some real evidence.

You have no basis for your opinion except that you do not want to seek truth.

Last edited by newtovenice; 04-01-2019 at 11:58 AM..

Old 04-01-2019, 12:35 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,506,034 times
Quote:
The numbers reflect that many women have already made up their minds to have an abortion before they go to Planned Parenthood.

If you support free contraception you should support funding to PP to provide it.
I absolutely support your right and my right to fund PP to our hearts content. In general, I'm not a fan of government subsidizing organizations with partisan political action committees that somehow manage to be classified as 501(3)(c).

Old 04-01-2019, 12:41 PM

41,957 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
They are not the end-all, be-all of healthcare.
Please point out where anyone has said it is.

Quote:
Most people -- more than HALF the population have zero reason to go there.
51% of the population is female - that's more than half. We all need our annual exams and tests - except for girls that haven't hit puberty yet. I don't know what that percentage is - perhaps you can provide that for us?

Planned Parenthood also offers men's reproductive health care services, as well as LGBTQ services.

That pretty much takes in 100% of the population, doesn't it?

Quote:
They offer pregnancy and STD testing, pap smears, BC, and abortions. So why all the arguing about what they offer?
Because you can't seem to digest the information that you're given. I provided you a list of services the local Planned Parenthood offers (none of which are abortion). I also gave you a pretty detailed account of what I've experienced first-hand at Planned Parenthood over the years. Yet you still can't get it straight. Go figure.

Quote:
PP does not offer breast cancer screenings
It offers manual exams as part of the well-woman exam - just like any other GYN office. I know of no GYN offices that have their own breast imaging equipment - GYNs refer their patients to a hospital that has the necessary imaging equipment. If the manual exam turns up something suspect, all GYNs refer their patients to the same.

Quote:
PP refers everything OUT. They do not TREAT anything.
Incorrect, as we've been telling you.

But if you have first-hand experience as a Planned Parenthood patient, I'm all ears.

Old 04-01-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohiogirl81 View Post
Please point out where anyone has said it is.

51% of the population is female - that's more than half. We all need our annual exams and tests - except for girls that haven't hit puberty yet. I don't know what that percentage is - perhaps you can provide that for us?

Planned Parenthood also offers men's reproductive health care services, as well as LGBTQ services.

That pretty much takes in 100% of the population, doesn't it?

Because you can't seem to digest the information that you're given. I provided you a list of services the local Planned Parenthood offers (none of which are abortion). I also gave you a pretty detailed account of what I've experienced first-hand at Planned Parenthood over the years. Yet you still can't get it straight. Go figure.

It offers manual exams as part of the well-woman exam - just like any other GYN office. I know of no GYN offices that have their own breast imaging equipment - GYNs refer their patients to a hospital that has the necessary imaging equipment. If the manual exam turns up something suspect, all GYNs refer their patients to the same.

Incorrect, as we've been telling you.

But if you have first-hand experience as a Planned Parenthood patient, I'm all ears.
Again, breast exams are NOT recommended as a cancer screen. Not sure why you keep repeating that mantra that PP provides breast cancer screenings. They don't.

You seem unable to accept that PP does not provide well care. It doesn't. It provides STD testing, paps, pregnancy tests and BC and abortions. yes, your detailed account said they took BP, weight, talked you about a bunch of stuff and checked your hormones, right? They didn't give you anything close to a full physcial or well exam, like a PCP would. Becasue PP does NOT DO THAT.

So keep posting that I'm wrong. /double facepalm/ Gives me another chance to point out how little PP does in the healthcare field. In fact if they were all shut down, it has been proved that community clinics could absorb the client load with no problems as well as provide more comprehensive and better care, since the clients would go to ONE place for all their healthcare needs. Shocking, I know.

PP is now performing vasectomies? Interesting. Last I checked men were not allowed in PP in my area. Something about protecting clients from domestic abuse.

Old 04-01-2019, 12:57 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,844,095 times
Quote:
The numbers reflect that many women have already made up their minds to have an abortion before they go to Planned Parenthood.
Many of these women don't even realize that their baby has arms, legs, heart, brain. Their minds are made up because they have been deceived into believing that it's just a mass of cells and can be disposed of like garbage and they can carry on guilt free.

They are responsible for what they have done whether or not they know it. They deserve to be told. THAT is what choice is. Many who are shown videos of abortions are upset when they see the instrument entering the womb where baby is growing and ready to puncture, cut it. They say "I didn't know".

PP is vehemently against women having this knowledge because it is a money making scam by the most heartless of scammers that exist.

All of the babies are little women(and men) who have rights to their bodies too. Anyone telling these women that it's okay to do this and that there is no consequence is doing them an injustice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies