Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2019, 10:04 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times

Advertisements

Awesome news. So much for his big pay day. I bet that took that smug grin off his face.

Old 07-27-2019, 10:04 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
The Sandmann family plans to appeal Bertelsman's ruling, according to a statement sent to the The Enquirer, part of the USA TODAY Network, by Sandmann's attorneys, Todd McMurtry and L. Lin Wood.

The January encounter led to threats lobbed at Sandmann, who would later appear on national television to say he felt he'd done nothing wrong.

“I believe fighting for justice for my son and family is of vital national importance," his father, Ted Sandmann, said in a statement. "If what was done to Nicholas is not legally actionable, then no one is safe.”
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Odis_Bertelsman

82 year old judge...appointed by Jimma Carter. Perhaps not the soundest of mind and body at this point-like some on the SC of a similar age.

Old 07-27-2019, 10:06 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
I doubt this will impact Nick Sandmann that much, people living in his hometown stopped talking about this months ago. MY guess is, he will go on to college, and eventually get a white collar type job and become just another guy in the crowd, this 'incident' will be long forgotten by the time he graduates from college.

Have to remember, the publics attention span is VERY short, no way are people going to remember this kid and what happened here, 25 yrs from now.

Even posts like this and other information on the internet will be replaced with more recent headlines and incidents, in fact, in 25 yrs or so, it may be difficult to find any information about this incident!!

Old 07-27-2019, 10:09 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
If the WaPo were unbiased I would agree with the ruling. However, rational people know otherwise they go out of their way to demonize anyone remotely supporting Trump.

Old 07-27-2019, 10:12 AM

9,138 posts, read 5,802,841 times
So you think that kid was a bully?
Sad.

Old 07-27-2019, 10:14 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 26 days ago)

27,645 posts, read 16,129,622 times
“Fake news is free speech” ~ judge

Old 07-27-2019, 10:17 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
I doubt this will impact Nick Sandmann that much, people living in his hometown stopped talking about this months ago. MY guess is, he will go on to college, and eventually get a white collar type job and become just another guy in the crowd, this 'incident' will be long forgotten by the time he graduates from college.

Have to remember, the publics attention span is VERY short, no way are people going to remember this kid and what happened here, 25 yrs from now.

Even posts like this and other information on the internet will be replaced with more recent headlines and incidents, in fact, in 25 yrs or so, it may be difficult to find any information about this incident!!
Not true. Anyone who types his name into a search engine, even years into the future, will likely easily find this info. This includes schools, employers, potential mates. Good or bad, it will follow him for life.

This is the reality we live in now. There are cameras everywhere and someone is always waiting to film something and post it to social media where it is accessible forever. People who don't understand that find out the hard way.

This is not a judgment on Sandmann. It's just reality.

Old 07-27-2019, 10:51 AM

3,163 posts, read 1,725,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Not true. Anyone who types his name into a search engine, even years into the future, will likely easily find this info. This includes schools, employers, potential mates. Good or bad, it will follow him for life.

This is the reality we live in now. There are cameras everywhere and someone is always waiting to film something and post it to social media where it is accessible forever. People who don't understand that find out the hard way.

This is not a judgment on Sandmann. It's just reality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
They should have arrested the racist old fool and his racists a-hole friends that approached and bullied Nick Sandman. It's a shame there was no adult to defend these children from this racist thug. Someone should have shoved that little dimestore tom-tom up his azz.

So far-it's only one judge-appeal to a higher court.
Wouldn’t he have to prove that there was a mistrial in order to appeal to a higher court? Good Lyck with that.

Old 07-27-2019, 10:53 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Awesome news. So much for his big pay day. I bet that took that smug grin off his face.

Wow. Such hate for a Kid who did nothing wrong. Does the MSM have that kind of control over you?

Old 07-27-2019, 10:55 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,224,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
“Fake news is free speech” ~ judge
co signed, Trump
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies