Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2019, 02:46 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times

Advertisements

I've donated to individual candidates but I really enjoy a chance to win a prize! Trump has signed merchandise you can win but also gives out trips (hotel and airfare paid) to rallies or other places to meet him for a meal, get your pic taken, meet one of the Trump kids, etc. If you make a donation (not required to be big) you will be on the emailing list to receive future offers as they happen. Fun!

Make Campaigning Fun Again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2019, 02:55 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
The only opportunity I came across is being offered by the RNC and Trump pac.

A donation gives the donor a chance to be " flown out to have dinner and your photo taken with Trump in Palm Beach". It does not say dinner with Trump.

Donations are not tax deductible.

Sounds like a game of chance to me. Most states regulate such games. I wonder if this one complies.

I have not and will not donate to any politician.

Old 03-11-2019, 02:58 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,837,889 times
IMHO campaigning isn't supposed to be fun or a game. I find most of the window dressing/bandstanding a complete joke. But, like likes like. If childish prizes, celebrity autographs, or amusement park perks has value to the candidate that's the sort of mentality they'll have in common with their voters. The more effort and $$ someone puts into trying to bribe me the farther I'm running. Guess I'm a stick-in-the-mud with no sense of humor.

Last edited by Parnassia; 03-11-2019 at 03:09 PM..

Old 03-11-2019, 03:00 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
No $ to politicians and no interest in meeting any of them either.

Old 03-11-2019, 03:00 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
The only opportunity I came across is being offered by the RNC and Trump pac.
A donation gives the donor a chance to be " flown out to have dinner and your photo taken with Trump in Palm Beach". It does not say dinner with Trump. Donations are not tax deductible. Sounds like a game of chance to me. Most states regulate such games. I wonder if this one complies.
I have not and will not donate to any politician.
That is the current prize. During the last campaign there were all sorts of things so I was happy to see they will be doing this type of thing again. I buy lottery tickets once in a while, too, so this is just like the lottery to me.

If you think the Trump campaign lawyers haven't gone over every regulation with a fine-toothed comb, you're crazy. He knows the Loony Left are like jackals circling 24/7.

Old 03-11-2019, 03:32 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
That is the current prize. During the last campaign there were all sorts of things so I was happy to see they will be doing this type of thing again. I buy lottery tickets once in a while, too, so this is just like the lottery to me.

If you think the Trump campaign lawyers haven't gone over every regulation with a fine-toothed comb, you're crazy. He knows the Loony Left are like jackals circling 24/7.
Nuff said.

Old 03-11-2019, 03:39 PM

23,297 posts, read 18,837,889 times
Quote:

IMHO being associated with any of this candidate's business ranks just slightly above street drug dealer.

Old 03-11-2019, 04:45 PM

4,031 posts, read 2,716,220 times
If I want to meet a candidate for office, I view that as my right as an American voter that the candidate might soon be (if they aren't already) answering to. *Not* something I should pay for the 'privilege' of getting.

Old 03-11-2019, 04:48 PM

4,031 posts, read 2,716,220 times
Quote:
I've donated to individual candidates but I really enjoy a chance to win a prize! Trump has signed merchandise you can win but also gives out trips (hotel and airfare paid) to rallies or other places to meet him for a meal, get your pic taken, meet one of the Trump kids, etc. If you make a donation (not required to be big) you will be on the emailing list to receive future offers as they happen. Fun!

Make Campaigning Fun Again!
The phrase 'bread and circuses' comes to mind.....anybody else?

Old 03-11-2019, 04:51 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
A contest to win prizes? What? Hahahaha, how juvenile!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies