Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has LGBT advocacy gone too far?
Yes. 88 49.72%
No. 89 50.28%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 01:43 PM

37,963 posts, read 22,147,086 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
btw the bathroom thing is fake news, there have been trans folks using bathrooms for as long as i have been alive, it was never an issue until the Right wing hate groups thought it might be a good "scary" story to get some votes ...
...and for as long as you have been alive, a person who appeared so obviously as a man, was not allowed by society to enter the same bathrooms or showers as women. If you cannot see the problem with that, I've got nothing for you.

Old 03-12-2019, 01:45 PM

293 posts, read 121,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Don't be obtuse.
I'm not

How does one fill the head of someone with gay, lesbian and transexual?
I really have no idea

Old 03-12-2019, 01:45 PM

17,156 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
This is actually not a bigoted or homophobic thread.

I support people's right to be gay, marry who they want, live gay lives and be treated with respect/dignity in general society. I'm not a gay-basher by any means.

LGBT advocacy today has become something entirely different than what it was when gay liberation started out. Now that being LGBT is not controversial, they've gone off the deep end.
How? I see none of that. They work, marry, pay bills, and go on vacation. They're pretty boring actually.

Old 03-12-2019, 01:47 PM

41,959 posts, read 75,183,468 times
Quote:
Homosexuality is a sexual preference that should be tolerated. Nothing more than that. LGBT advocacy is getting on my nerves.
It's not a preference. And if it were truly tolerated, there would be no need for advocacy. But alas, as we have seen from this thread, there are plenty of people who still do not tolerate people who love differently from themselves.

Quote:
- You're not part of a special victim group because you're gay. A gay white male, is a white male. Civil rights has got nothing to do with you.
Civil rights has everything to do with it, because gay people still are not treated equally and do not have all of the same rights as heterosexual people.

Quote:
LGBTism should not be promoted in the media or taught to children in schools. Gays are prosthelytizing in the schools. That's just wrong.
You got any examples of that? Ones you didn't hear in the men's room?

Quote:
Why can't they just be gay, and leave it at that?
Because people like you won't let them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Maybe bc people like you say they can't adopt children or be protected from discrimination bc of who their partner is?
Apparently the OP doesn't understand this yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The problem lies in our Government creating laws and forcing us the majority to conform to and accommodate a small percentage of people.
Incorrect. Government creates laws and forces the majority to treat a small percentage of people the same way they would treat anyone who wasn't gay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scissorhands View Post
Sure they have, they don't only want to do their thing the want to put it in your face and make you do it too.
Are you afraid of "catching" gay? LMAO ...

Quote:
This is actually not a bigoted or homophobic thread.

I support people's right to be gay, marry who they want, live gay lives and be treated with respect/dignity in general society. I'm not a gay-basher by any means.

LGBT advocacy today has become something entirely different than what it was when gay liberation started out. Now that being LGBT is not controversial, they've gone off the deep end.
I'm sorry, but your first two paragraphs don't support the third, or vice-versa. If being gay weren't controversial, you wouldn't have started this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
If "the gays" are out to turn the entire population gay, they are really not very good at it.
LOL - thanks for the chuckle.

Maybe it's because they know you don't "turn" gay?

Old 03-12-2019, 01:49 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 18 hours ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,037 times
Until orientation, gender, and identity are see as no more relevant to your essential human dignity than whether you prefer DC or Marvel comics, LGBT advocacy (and race, religion, gender, etc) will continue to be necessary.

Old 03-12-2019, 01:52 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,097,526 times
The fact that someone posted this question shows that it has not.

Old 03-12-2019, 02:16 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,411,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualBaseball View Post
I'm not

How does one fill the head of someone with gay, lesbian and transexual?
I really have no idea
It happens naturally, since orientation is an inborn trait.

I'm a gay male and when I was 13 and first started to have sexual feelings the only sexual attraction I noticed was to other males.

Old 03-12-2019, 02:48 PM

24,484 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
"Government creating laws and forcing us the majority to conform..."

Can you give me an example of how you personally have been forced to do something regarding LGBT?

Ah the bathroom bills that caused such uproars in the states where they were proposed.

How about Bruce Springfield and others cancelling concerts due to the uproar?

Personally I don't care what gay people do but why should my wife or anyone else be made to feel uncomfortable if they went into the bathroom and there was an unexpected man or woman in there.

I have a relative that works at a high school and he was forced to sit through a diversity university video of how to work around a trans student. He thought it was a waste of time since he does not have contact with the students and he was told that if he left he would be fired.

I still think that most people don't give a second thought about gay people unless they are in their faces about it and forcing their lifestyle on them. We don't need the Gov. stepping in to tell us how to live our lives.

Old 03-12-2019, 02:52 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,953,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Why are you reading and commenting on this thread again?
That was the first and only time I have posted on this thread. Pay attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Exactly! His thread is the only thing I've seen on the topic today.
What the hell are you talking about?? My thread??? I did not post a thread on anything.

Old 03-12-2019, 02:59 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,642,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Ah the bathroom bills that caused such uproars in the states where they were proposed.

How about Bruce Springfield and others cancelling concerts due to the uproar?

Personally I don't care what gay people do but why should my wife or anyone else be made to feel uncomfortable if they went into the bathroom and there was an unexpected man or woman in there.

I have a relative that works at a high school and he was forced to sit through a diversity university video of how to work around a trans student. He thought it was a waste of time since he does not have contact with the students and he was told that if he left he would be fired.

I still think that most people don't give a second thought about gay people unless they are in their faces about it and forcing their lifestyle on them. We don't need the Gov. stepping in to tell us how to live our lives.
Hmm, is that like when some straight people are “forcing their lifestyle” on me when they make out in public?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies