Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has LGBT advocacy gone too far?
Yes. 88 49.72%
No. 89 50.28%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 08:56 PM

1,950 posts, read 1,128,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
What does "promote" even mean here????
You should ask the person who used the term...

Old 03-12-2019, 09:13 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Blame yourself for that. That's how the LGBT advocacy groups promote themselves. They're all part of the same umbrella term.
No, that’s just people refusing to learn and understand.

Old 03-12-2019, 09:15 PM

46,951 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Yes it is a preference.

There are people who are straight most of their life, and then up and decide that they want to be gay.

There are people who live as gay, and then change their mind and become strait, explaining that it was a "phase" they went through.

Gay is a lifestyle. It's like going on a diet or giving up vegetarianism.
Did I take you seriously for a while? Mistake. Big mistake. Huge.

Old 03-12-2019, 09:27 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
What I have NOT EVER SEEN, is a young man who courageously faces his parents and announces he is gay, EVER EVER deciding he is not, and preferring women.

NEVER, never, never. Young gay men who announce they are gay, are gay for life. And it's hard as hell for them. There is not the first chance they would choose this path for themselves if they would be happy with a woman partner.
One of my distant uncles on my stepfather's side went "gay" for a while. He was straight, married and with five children. Then at some point, decided he was gay and divorced his wife, and live the wild gay lifestyle in NYC for a number of years. Finally, he left that lifestyle and married a woman, a nice lady who was a nurse.

Otherwise, you left out the B's in LGBTQA... the bisexuals. And although I don't know any right now, it seems to me that being bisexual man was not a rarity in the 80's and 90's. Maybe they were sex addicts.

The good part about gays, is that men have a stronger sex drive than women. They are fine with having purely sexual relationships, and it's less about companionship. But sadly, as they age, my single older gay friends seem more insecure about finding long term partners. Because like straight men, they are visually oriented and more attracted to young, fit good-looking potential partners. And some of them are also narcissistic, since they also seem very attracted to men that look just like themselves.

Old 03-12-2019, 09:43 PM

4,205 posts, read 4,456,008 times
Hey thanks for reminding me of Pablo Franciscio's routine! Fitting for the thread....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYCx1Uoa1gA

Old 03-12-2019, 09:44 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,355,232 times
Quote:
Homosexuality is a sexual preference that should be tolerated. Nothing more than that. LGBT advocacy is getting on my nerves.

- You're not part of a special victim group because you're gay. A gay white male, is a white male. Civil rights has got nothing to do with you.

- If you're a man, go to the male bathroom and shut up about it. We're not gonna change public bathroom laws for you. That's just ridiculous. Why do we have to make a whole room of women uncomfortable to accommodate the lifestyle of one transgender man? You can pretend to be woman all day, but you gotta use the men's bathroom. That's not too much to ask.

- LGBTism should not be promoted in the media or taught to children in schools. Gays are prosthelytizing in the schools. That's just wrong.

Why can't they just be gay, and leave it at that?
It's attitudes and words like yours that ironically demonstrate that continued vigilence and advocacy for LGBTQ people is still necessary.

Old 03-12-2019, 09:45 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,743,916 times
Quote:
No, that's why they go after the youth, conditioning them to be something before they even have a concept of sexuality. People are talking about raising their children "gender fluid" before the child is even born.

There's 10 year old boys strutting around in wigs and high heels. Do you actually believe that the kid turned out that way through no influence from the adults around him? That's just how he turned out naturally?
Are you really that paranoid you think that’s what people are doing?!

Old 03-12-2019, 09:48 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
There is literally nothing left to advocate for. Gay marriage and equal rights, we got it. Everything else is just weird.

Old 03-12-2019, 09:53 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,226,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
There is literally nothing left to advocate for. Gay marriage and equal rights, we got it. Everything else is just weird.
This is why every social movement goes sour. They eventually win, run out of things to do, and then lose their mind.

Old 03-12-2019, 10:13 PM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Nope, don't put that on me. You typed, a few posts ago, that trans people are mentally ill. That ends the conversation. There's no point in engaging someone who is gay and actually believes that about trans people. Don't turn it around and say that I'm the narrow-minded one.
Right! The fact that a gay dude says that about a transgender person is super ironic...and pathetic.

If I was a bigot, I would call them both mentally ill...lol

Being gay is viewed by many as mentally ill. So even if you are gay and don't identify yourself in the same group as trans people...guess what...many people do.
And they see you as equally mentally ill.
But guess what....who cares? You do you. If you are happy in your life then that's all you need to worry about; Not that somebody think your are the same as a trans person. You are both humans, and equal. Stop trying to act like they are the sick once, and you are not. What a hypocrite for saying that.

Last edited by glass_of_merlot; 03-12-2019 at 10:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies