Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has LGBT advocacy gone too far?
Yes. 88 49.72%
No. 89 50.28%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 07:45 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times

Advertisements

The poll results surprise me a bit, but then again it's not scientific at all.

I'm torn but I still voted.....

On one hand there is really no such thing as too much freedom if people are educated and taught to deal with it. On the other hand, there is only so much mental energy we all have to deal with separate issues and multitask.

As one example, we are still very deep in the racist crap. That's a structural problem and perhaps doesn't get the advocacy needed to really fix it.

Maybe the new generation is more able to keep multiple subjects in their heads?

Old 03-12-2019, 07:48 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I agree that K-12 needs to stop messing with the heads of little children. Before a child is even in third grade schools are filling their heads with gay, lesbian, transsexual, oh.... and global warming is going to destroy the planet, and it will be too late to save it before these kids are even 18 years old.
I can speak to that a little.

Our 9 year old is very environmentally aware. If she sees litter she actually seems morally hurt at the idea that some ADULT messed up our common spaces. I think that is a good thing...she's not jaded like most people are.

As far as gay, she knows that some of her classmates may have two moms. That's the reality so what is the alternative? Are the children with two moms supposed to never say a word?

This is in a semi-rural low population "all American" type of town with flags on every light pole.

Old 03-12-2019, 07:54 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
5-6%.

In contrast, 1-1.5% of US people identify as Muslim.

That's your opinion. I've seen stats as low as less than 1% for LGBT in the U.S. at least. My point is that their population is really too small to matter with regards top shaping public policy, or pushing the agenda by the Media, Entertainment and Democrats.

Old 03-12-2019, 07:55 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
There is a move to remove Transgendered from the "Gay" movement since it really is a totally separate issue.

It should be.
Geezus...totally agree.

Old 03-12-2019, 07:58 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Geezus...totally agree.
As a gay man, I completely agree. I feel no affinity to those people and while I feel sorry for them, I think they are mentally ill and should be helped, not encouraged to radically alter their lives and continue on a destructive path.

Old 03-12-2019, 08:06 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,016,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
As a man who was born a total lesbian, I think the trans stuff has gone too far. However, you cannot judge me because I'm a man who was born totally lesbian. I love ALL women! Fat women, skinny, short, tall, big, small, apple, pear, Amish, Mennonite, Jewish, Muslim, Christian, lesbian, straight, pimply, clear skinned, pale, olive, tan, black, yellow, red, natural, trimmed, blonde, brunet, auburn, red, grey, black, even all the ones depicted on Star Trek and all those other movies... ALL of them! ...except maybe that one on Alien, you know, that female monster that Sigourney Weaver (fricken hotty!) fought? I didn't like HER, that monster, so I guess I'm not a total TOTAL lesbian born in a man's body. I'm more of a mostly total lesbian born in a man's body.

Oh crap... my wife is reading over my shoulder. Did I mention that of all the women I love, I love HER most? Dammit! See the trouble this LGBTQRSTLMNOP thing is getting me into! THAT is my only real concern about it. That and men competing against women in women's only sports or going into women's locker rooms and bath rooms. Other than that...

Yes dear... I really DO love you the most, now will you please quit reading over my shoulder?

I hope everyone took this post for the humor it was meant to be.
Sadly in this day and age... I was half way through before I realized it was in jest...…….

Old 03-12-2019, 08:23 AM

3,372 posts, read 1,566,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post

Why can't they just be gay, and leave it at that?
Well because then we couldn't have it plastered over every TV show and movie now. It's got to be in your face.

Old 03-12-2019, 08:26 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,140,296 times
I am disgusted, but not surprised, by the transphobic gay folks in this thread. You should be forced to listen to that Niemoller quote on a loop for the rest of your life.

Old 03-12-2019, 08:37 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times
The problem is not with gay people. I am friends with gay guys and lesbians and one would never know they are. They are just regular people.

The problem lies in our Government creating laws and forcing us the majority to conform to and accommodate a small percentage of people.

The bathroom bills really stepped in it for example. There have always been guys that think like and dress as woman and they used the bathroom of their choosing without incident but suddenly laws had to be made to protect them and with any law there are loopholes that can be exploited by the perverts and that scares people.

Gay and Trans rights are being pushed at us when what we really need is just to be kind to one another.

Old 03-12-2019, 08:38 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
I am disgusted, but not surprised, by the transphobic gay folks in this thread. You should be forced to listen to that Niemoller quote on a loop for the rest of your life.

How is being "Gender Confused" similar at all to being Gay or Lesbian? Totally different issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies