Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Has LGBT advocacy gone too far?
Yes. 88 49.72%
No. 89 50.28%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 09:15 AM

3,877 posts, read 3,895,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyVW55 View Post
When I was overseas, many bathrooms were unisex. It was an odd concept to me but no one seemed bothered by it. We are so strange here sometimes.
Exactly. The same thing has been done in California and it's literally a non issue. These folks are still fighting for something else this just takes the cake. Reports of thousands of kids getting raped in the Catholic Church, but trans in bathrooms is the biggest problem. The logic.

Old 03-12-2019, 09:17 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownnola View Post
There are many, many, many closeted individuals, especially bisexuals, who overwhelmingly identify as straight. The numbers you are quoting are very low and would be much higher if more people were honest about their sexuality.

Regardless, it shouldn't matter. Even if there were only 100 gay people in the country, they should still deserve the same rights and privileges their straight counterparts enjoy.
What rights and privileges are Gays and Lesbians being denied?

Old 03-12-2019, 09:24 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,931,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
The problem is not with gay people. I am friends with gay guys and lesbians and one would never know they are. They are just regular people.

The problem lies in our Government creating laws and forcing us the majority to conform to and accommodate a small percentage of people.

The bathroom bills really stepped in it for example. There have always been guys that think like and dress as woman and they used the bathroom of their choosing without incident but suddenly laws had to be made to protect them and with any law there are loopholes that can be exploited by the perverts and that scares people.

Gay and Trans rights are being pushed at us when what we really need is just to be kind to one another.
"Government creating laws and forcing us the majority to conform..."

Can you give me an example of how you personally have been forced to do something regarding LGBT?

Old 03-12-2019, 09:27 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
I am disgusted, but not surprised, by the transphobic gay folks in this thread. You should be forced to listen to that Niemoller quote on a loop for the rest of your life.
I guess you'd like to shut us down eh, to make sure we don't have a voice at all?

Old 03-12-2019, 09:29 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,821,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
So - like this?

Would that make you happy? Doesn't look safe to me, and I'm not sure a proper old-fashioned fella like yourself would necessarily appreciate it, but that's what you're arguing for. That's Brae Carnes, you can google her.

Those pictures Brae Carnes is taking in public bathrooms... that is illegal just about all over the US. People have and will continue to go to jail in the US for doing what Brae has done.

Old 03-12-2019, 09:31 AM

4,050 posts, read 6,139,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I guess you'd like to shut us down eh, to make sure we don't have a voice at all?
By all means, speak your mind. When I encounter bigoted gay people, I know who to stay far away from. Life is too short.

Old 03-12-2019, 09:32 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualBaseball View Post
How does one fill the head of someone with gay, lesbian and transexual?
Maybe like with a funnel or something?

Old 03-12-2019, 09:34 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
By all means, speak your mind. When I encounter bigoted gay people, I know who to stay far away from. Life is too short.
This type of thinking is exactly why we are divided as a country. You do not wish to have a conversation, and you are the bigoted one for wishing to push your views of what you believe to be settled on everyone else without a discussion of the topic.

Old 03-12-2019, 09:35 AM

46,948 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
Those pictures Brae Carnes is taking in public bathrooms... that is illegal just about all over the US. People have and will continue to go to jail in the US for doing what Brae has done.
Which part? The photo taking bit? (Side issue, but you know that.)

Or the being in the bathroom bit? You should probably be aware that she is biologically male. So - she is in the exact restroom that you and yours are legislating for her. What's the problem? This is what you want, isn't it? You and yours sure went to great lengths to legislate for it.

Or did you just fail to think your cunning plan though?

Old 03-12-2019, 09:36 AM

3,850 posts, read 2,226,099 times
Look at how far they've gone in Sweeden. They are raising kids to be gender fluid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sPj8HhbwHs

This is different from accepting a child that turns out "transgender" naturally. They decided before the kids were born that they were going to be raised gender fluid - and by "gender fluid" they mean dressing their boys up like little girls.

Had it not been for the adults, I'm willing to bet NONE of those kids would have thought of all of this. They would have all been normal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies