Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2019, 10:13 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl_G View Post
........I always worried that sending my kid to school with a Political type shirt/hat (Obama shirts were everywhere too) ......
And who can forget the multitude of attacks on people wearing "Hope and Change" shirts and buttons and the "I'm With Her" regalia?

Those were terrifying times. Terrifying times indeed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2019, 10:16 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
And who can forget the multitude of attacks on people wearing "Hope and Change" shirts and buttons and the "I'm With Her" regalia?

Those were terrifying times. Terrifying times indeed.
It's difficult to count how many of those stories we saw during the last administration. The violence was immeasurable.

Old 03-12-2019, 10:17 AM

3,319 posts, read 2,340,554 times
Quote:
But I also don't get why a parent would send a child to school with political crap on, they don't vote so who is it for exactly?
Maybe the kid wants to wear a MAGA hat/shirt, so what? If it's against the school dress code, they can politely ask them to take it off, turn it inside out or have their parents bring them a different shirt.

You don't beat somebody up, especially a minor, because you don't like what they're wearing.

Old 03-12-2019, 10:24 AM

388 posts, read 200,835 times
Quote:
But I also don't get why a parent would send a child to school with political crap on, they don't vote so who is it for exactly?
imo children might as well be political, if it suits them. schools have heavy dress codes, but i think the idea of sending them somewhere state-mandated where they dont seem to have the free speech rights of other citizens is maybe less than ideal. what exactly are we teaching?

i dont have an alternative to propose, other than private schooling, which doesnt seem like it would be available to everyone. a lot of states (all?) have voucher programmes for private schools. im not saying that fixes it either. this is how i felt as a kid, and now that im old enough to have one in college, i cant say my feelings about it have ever truly changed.

Old 03-12-2019, 10:25 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post

You don't beat somebody up, especially a minor, because you don't like what they're wearing.
She didn't beat him up.

Old 03-12-2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
It's difficult to count how many of those stories we saw during the last administration. The violence was immeasurable.
Nothing like seeing the roving gangs of Tea Partiers on a rampage, causing all sorts of violent mayhem.

Makes urban wilding look like an afternoon with Barney the purple dinosaur.

Old 03-12-2019, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
She didn't beat him up.
Thank God for small favors.

She should have kept her hands off of him, period. And her opinion to herself.

I'm sure you agree.

Old 03-12-2019, 10:32 AM

Location: Close to Pittsburgh, but NOT Pittsburgh ('cause I don't pay CoP taxes)
252 posts, read 236,315 times
People need to learn to just be thankful when someone is kind enough to broadcast such allegiances with something as simple as a hat, shirt, flag, bumper sticker, etc.

Just consider it a time-, energy-, and oxygen-saving service.

Old 03-12-2019, 10:41 AM

6,229 posts, read 3,411,736 times
Quote:
"Teacher's assistant calls student 'racist and sexist' and wraps MAGA flag around his head in video"

“…Teachers name is Mrs. Brinkley. Students had spirit week and one student wore a Trump 2020 flag. As you can see the teacher tried to shove the flag down his shirt. She called him a racist and Sexist. She also tried taking his phone......”

Let me guess, it's the student's fault. Must use the "her clothing was too provocative" defense.

So much for the tolerant and so-called diverse radical left......well as long as that tolerant and diversity fits into their own agenda and uses those tactics to shuts down opposing views.

Public outrage should flush out radical left wing teachers, at all level, out of our educational system. Teachers job is only to teach the three 'R' and not indoctrinate their personal beliefs.

Old 03-12-2019, 10:51 AM

6,229 posts, read 3,411,736 times
Quote:
Nothing like seeing the roving gangs of Tea Partiers on a rampage, causing all sorts of violent mayhem.

I hope your stupid comment was tongue in cheek... if not, please provide a link to said Tea Party rampage of violence?

Should I provide a string of videos of left wing Antifa in black clothing violence against people wearing an MAGA hat or conservatives on college campus being attacked?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies