Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 11:14 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,085 times

Advertisements

Dems like De Blasio won't be happy until kids are eating ladel fulls of grey gruel and wearing hats with red stars on them.

It's been a very slow change, but the hard left has been tilting this city into a nanny communist state on the brink of collapse for about a decade now.

Look at the Universal Healthcare system they are trying to put in...look at the Universal 3K programs, the exclusier program so on and so fourth. ANd they get it done all under the rhetoric of "Income wealth equality" and "closing the gap" speeches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2019, 11:25 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,009,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Afterward he drove through a Burger King drive thru and got a double whopper with cheese, fries and a large coke.
Limousine liberals are the garden variety of "do as I say.... not as I do" type of leftists. I remember, when Bloomberg was always talking and ranting about greenhouse gases and global warming..yet he's over here zooming around the world with 20 different private jets.

Old 03-13-2019, 11:36 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,908,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Limousine liberals are the garden variety of "do as I say.... not as I do" type of leftists. I remember, when Bloomberg was always talking and ranting about greenhouse gases and global warming..yet he's over here zooming around the world with 20 different private jets.
There are certainly some people like that, yes. But I don't think it invalidates these arguments. And unfortunately, I think it hurts the causes and gives ammunition to people to discredit the thoughts.

There are people that try to live these principles, left and right, though.

Old 03-13-2019, 12:09 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
There ya go, problem solved.

Someone did mention that some schools don't allow students to bring lunch from home. I cant imagine that going over well in my area.
I have never heard of a public school that doesn't allow lunches from home.

Old 03-13-2019, 12:12 PM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Nor have I. It was stated by another poster that some schools don't allow it. I assumed it was true.

Old 03-13-2019, 01:13 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
There were stories earlier of schools monitoring what kids brought from home but I don't put a lot of concern in small random examples.

Old 03-13-2019, 01:27 PM

Quote:
I was able to find like 2 instances where a school district banned lunches brought from home. So not an issue.

What passes for meat in school cafeterias is questionable anyway.

Old 03-13-2019, 02:10 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
I honestly don't see the problem. Why is the OP complaining?

FYI - I have a 4th grader. They have a planned menu at school and they usually have a day per week where they have grilled cheese or mac and cheese or cheese pizza. Most schools already do this. But I guess since a liberal mayor is highlighting it, all you conservatives have to get all mad and complain-y like right wing media tells you to do about them "dam libruls." lol

Old 03-13-2019, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

FYI - I have a 4th grader. They have a planned menu at school and they usually have a day per week where they have grilled cheese or mac and cheese or cheese pizza. Most schools already do this. But I guess since a liberal mayor is highlighting it, all you conservatives have to get all mad and complain-y like right wing media tells you to do about them "dam libruls." lol
I dont see a problem with meatless Mondays either (I lean conservative). I do find it odd the mayor is making decisions on school lunch menus instead of the school board.

Old 03-13-2019, 02:14 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

Being that many schools do something like this without a need to bring attention upon themselves there was really little need for the mayor to get involved. Right?

I am not someone you are trying to paint into your little box.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies