Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2019, 09:21 PM

4,508 posts, read 1,864,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkness View Post
UBI and Immigration are not synonymous, What are you even talking about?
Yang is essentially saying that we have too many people, right?

But a bunch of libs on here say we have a crisis because white people are not reproducing fast enough and therefore we need imported people.

Can’t have it both ways. We either have too many people or not enough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2019, 09:59 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,672,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Some of you may have heard of the meme friendly candidate who is running on a platform for UBI, Andrew Yang.

The truth is this man is awful, he wants a public income off of corporate wealth/tech wealth to make consumers even more zombie like slaves to consumerism.

That means everyone supports a robotized workforce where tech companies make everything, and get an income from the government so they can sit around and spend money to keep these companies afloat.

Don't become slaves to corporate wealth, fight Yang.
Do you think that you can change people's vote just on your own say-so, without any factual information?

Old 05-08-2019, 02:13 AM

838 posts, read 565,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
Yang is essentially saying that we have too many people, right?

But a bunch of libs on here say we have a crisis because white people are not reproducing fast enough and therefore we need imported people.

Can’t have it both ways. We either have too many people or not enough.
Where did he ever say that? Only statement vaguely similar was when he compared the previous generation to Millennial's who are reproducing much less mainly due to the rising cost of living, school debts and fiscal responsibilities not allowing many of them to raise a family etc.

If you've ever heard him say we have 'too many people' i'd like a link to the source, Also i suggest checking out his website Yang2020.com where he outlines proposals he has.

Old 05-08-2019, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Where did he ever say that? Only statement vaguely similar was when he compared the previous generation to Millennial's who are reproducing much less mainly due to the rising cost of living, school debts and fiscal responsibilities not allowing many of them to raise a family etc.

If you've ever heard him say we have 'too many people' i'd like a link to the source, Also i suggest checking out his website Yang2020.com where he outlines proposals he has.
The whole point of UBI is that you have millions of people with nothing productive to do who require financial compensation.

If he is arguing that there are millions of people with nothing to do, isn’t he saying there are too many people???!

Old 05-08-2019, 11:31 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,676,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
horrifying, this man will be the harbinger of end times.

He wants to jump in to a corporate manage society were we are all mindless consumers kept afloat by UBI to buy the next mindless product handed to us.

He must be stopped. This little kid supporters have no idea what monster they are supporting.
Choosing to buy mindless products is freedom, as is choosing not to buy them.

Old 05-08-2019, 11:41 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,594,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
I don't think people identify as consumers per se. I think most are just weak willed and are swayed by advertisements and pressure to maintain an image. It's incredible how high salaries are in this country by global standards, and still a ridiculous number of people could not survive a $500 emergency without the help of Visa and MasterCard.
Quote:
I don't think people identify as consumers per se.
I'm a human being ... that politics overlooks.

Old 05-08-2019, 12:34 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
I don't think people identify as consumers per se. I think most are just weak willed and are swayed by advertisements and pressure to maintain an image. It's incredible how high salaries are in this country by global standards, and still a ridiculous number of people could not survive a $500 emergency without the help of Visa and MasterCard.
They're just weak willed huh? Perhaps the fact that the rent burden for low income tenants in the US is the 6th highest among OECD countries @ 60% of gross income might have an impact.

Figure HC1-2 https://www.oecd.org/els/family/HC1-...ver-income.pdf

Old 05-08-2019, 02:21 PM

838 posts, read 565,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirage98de View Post
The whole point of UBI is that you have millions of people with nothing productive to do who require financial compensation.

If he is arguing that there are millions of people with nothing to do, isn’t he saying there are too many people???!
No. The whole point of UBI is to serve as a cushion for Americans as we're slowly displaced from our jobs due to automation. As far as having 'millions of people with nothing to do' this is innacurate, Yang is pushing for trade school programs that will help displaced or unskilled workers have a career which isn't at risk of automation.

A carpenter 'robot' is still atleast 20+ years away from automation, same with HVAC, handyman, plumber, babysitters/caretakers etc. so by facilitating folks a small dividend of $1k to cover expenses while they downgrade to a PT job and re-train themselves, Isn't a bad idea at all.

Also i noticed you never cited me the link.

Old 05-08-2019, 02:52 PM

Quote:
No. The whole point of UBI is to serve as a cushion for Americans as we're slowly displaced from our jobs due to automation. As far as having 'millions of people with nothing to do' this is innacurate, Yang is pushing for trade school programs that will help displaced or unskilled workers have a career which isn't at risk of automation.

A carpenter 'robot' is still atleast 20+ years away from automation, same with HVAC, handyman, plumber, babysitters/caretakers etc. so by facilitating folks a small dividend of $1k to cover expenses while they downgrade to a PT job and re-train themselves, Isn't a bad idea at all.

Also i noticed you never cited me the link.
Libs say we don’t need to send Americans to trade schools, we are importing the much needed illegals to do those jobs instead.

Are you saying that we won’t need the illegals because Yang will send uneducated Americans to trade schoools?

Old 05-08-2019, 03:00 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
If you have no one who can buy your goods then wheat good is your. Buisiness. That’s the paradox.
I agree with you. Do you suppose the far right will decide to make robots that can be consumers after they kill of the masses? I have lost hope that we will evolve as a species and I think God is about to let us come close to wiping out our race with nuclear war. Not a prediction -- just a feeling I have. There are too many people complaining about other people having needs. It's really disgusting. I'm tired of people complaining about their fear of "others" taking what they think is all theirs. You selfish pigs are going to a hell of your own making.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies