Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Obama's legacy is....
Stellar. He is one of the best ever. Changed America for good. 13 16.67%
Decent. Left a lot on table but his aspirations were bold, and he had some victories. 43 55.13%
Mixed bag. 8 10.26%
Disappointing. Just was not effective, or alternatively, was too centrist. 2 2.56%
Poor. Embarrassing how little he accomplished or, alternatively, how he sold out. 12 15.38%
Voters: 78. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 12:05 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,119,151 times

Advertisements

I am a libertarian Republican, but will keep out. I am wondering how Obama is regarded these days amongst his own because:

1. His party continues to go much further left than he ever dared.
2. He was recently attacked by Omar and seems out of step with a party increasingly dominated by Sanders/Cortez thinking.
3. No one talks about him much these days.
4. A lot of what he actually did was rolled back by Trump.
5. An awful lot was left on table in the first place.
6. Seems as if he is being held at least a bit responsible for letting Trump rise.

Just curious as to how you regard him. Remember, this is in the context of being a democrat, so you can say what you feel. Everyone knows you are not going to abandon his memory to become a Republican.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2019, 12:19 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,783,284 times
I had big issues with his Libya and Syria policies - he was too Hawkish.

Other than that, I agreed with him on almost every issue.

Old 03-13-2019, 12:50 AM

11,119 posts, read 5,587,588 times
Democrats only? I'll bet most of the respondents are Trumpists.

Old 03-13-2019, 01:59 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Like any President he did what he thought best for the USA, Heres a few hundred of his accomplishments =
https://point4counterpoint.wordpress...ith-citations/

Old 03-13-2019, 02:07 AM

388 posts, read 200,583 times
dont know why only democrats get to comment on obamas legacy. do only germans get to comment on--

oh whatever, carry on.

i supported his first term. i mean i did before the fact, pity we cant vote AFTER theyre in office instead.

"im voting against everything obama did for the past 8 years."

"too late, you shouldve done that after his first term."

"ok, im voting against everything obama did for the past 4 years then."

he can still kill bin laden, heck we shouldve just put him in charge of that instead of the white house. i didnt vote on your poll thing-- i mostly posted to say i think its a mistake to only ask democrats.

Old 03-13-2019, 02:39 AM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
I am a libertarian Republican, but will keep out. I am wondering how Obama is regarded these days amongst his own because:

2. He was recently attacked by Omar and seems out of step with a party increasingly dominated by Sanders/Cortez thinking.
6. Seems as if he is being held at least a bit responsible for letting Trump rise.

Just curious as to how you regard him. Remember, this is in the context of being a democrat, so you can say what you feel. Everyone knows you are not going to abandon his memory to become a Republican.
I'm not a Dim so not voting in the poll but to me Obama campaigned as a leftist and governed as a centrist for the most part after the 2010 election crushed the Democrats for the rest of his 6 years as President.

The Paris Achord was a disaster that he was willing to foist on his successors as it would have put the USA in a very unfavorable position for decades to come. If Global Warming can be reversed, we'll have to force everyone on the planet to go to something more like AOC's Green New Deal and even that doesn't go far enough to really alter course significantly but would kill capitalism which I think is her minders ultimate goal.

Old 03-13-2019, 02:58 AM

10,214 posts, read 15,920,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post

I'm a conservative Christian Republican and I always thought Obama was far left, more left than I had thought possible for an American politician elected to national office. But I GUESS he's quite moderate compared to Bernie, AOC, Pocahontas, Ilhan Omar, Maxine Waters and their ilk.

Old 03-13-2019, 04:34 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Since when is this forum by invitation only?

Old 03-13-2019, 04:40 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Since when is this forum by invitation only?
It's a survey. The OP is curious about Democratic party supporters' responses to what's going on. Nothing wrong with that.

You can make up one that only seeks posters with animals in their username to respond, and that would be valid too.

Old 03-13-2019, 05:51 AM

3,318 posts, read 2,338,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
I didn't vote, I'm just here to see the results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies