Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 12:14 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,848 times

Advertisements

The manager probably thought the man was lost, and actually had a ticket to the latest Madea flick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2019, 09:14 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Id like to see the genius who thought calling police because someone sneaked into a movie theater without paying, was the right thing to do! I would think that could even be seen as mis-using emergency services.

Its a whole lot simpler to just have the ushers go in and tell the guy to get lost, kick him out if he cannot show proof he paid.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:18 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,650,100 times
How did he get in through an exit door?

or was just a velvet rope exit?

Old 03-14-2019, 09:28 AM

5,981 posts, read 2,235,359 times
Wait a minute here, the post on this story are BS or you guys are the nicest souls I have ever met.

If I was in a theater and the manager approached me, accused me of sneaking in, and told me I had to leave when I know I bought a ticket, i would be a d..k too. The manager could have asked for a ticket stub, checked video, nearly any other solution was better than accusing someone of stealing without proof.

Please accuse me of stealing when I have a receipt in my pocket. Everyone in the movie theater would have known what was going on if it was me who was approached. I don’t get embarrassed in public so I tend to push to the limit if I know I have the upper hand.

Was it racial, don’t have a clue. But when you do stupid things like make false accusations and call the police, you get what you asked for.

Old 03-14-2019, 09:37 AM

1,156 posts, read 941,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Id like to see the genius who thought calling police because someone sneaked into a movie theater without paying, was the right thing to do! I would think that could even be seen as mis-using emergency services.

Its a whole lot simpler to just have the ushers go in and tell the guy to get lost, kick him out if he cannot show proof he paid.

That's pretty much what the article says happened, he refused to show a ticket to the mgr and sat down. Security came and he refused to show his ticket again and refused to leave when asked. Then the police were called.

Old 03-14-2019, 10:31 AM

14,416 posts, read 22,483,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal25 View Post
That's pretty much what the article says happened, he refused to show a ticket to the mgr and sat down. Security came and he refused to show his ticket again and refused to leave when asked. Then the police were called.
Thank you!

Old 03-14-2019, 10:41 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal25 View Post
The article never notes where he was asked to show a ticket. A poorly written article? Perhaps BUT the article does note that the manager was told by the employee's that the guy never bought a ticket so you likely would not ask for a ticket that you didn't believe he had in the first place.

He did indeed have one. Now is this really his fault?

Old 03-14-2019, 09:36 PM

Location: Formerly NYC by week; ATL by weekend...now Rio bi annually and ATL bi annually
1,522 posts, read 2,244,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
This was clearly not a race-oriented situation. Not that hard to comply with to show your ticket to a movie theater worker! Also, it's also been a while since I have seen a good race-baiting BLM story. Now, where is Al Sharpton?
Are you really ignorant or just willfully ignorant?

Old 03-14-2019, 09:50 PM

16,072 posts, read 21,144,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The article never notes where he was asked to show a ticket. A poorly written article? Perhaps BUT the article does note that the manager was told by the employee's that the guy never bought a ticket so you likely would not ask for a ticket that you didn't believe he had in the first place.

He did indeed have one. Now is this really his fault?
Yes, you would ask. Simply to give the guy a chance to prove you wrong and settle the matter. I doubt the manager was hoping to escalate the situation into an even bigger problem.
OTOH the customer doesn't have much room to complain concerning the level of embarrassment he suffered when he contributed to much of of with his refusal to show the ticket stub until the police were called.
Poorly handled all the way around.

Old 03-14-2019, 10:01 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubbleT View Post
Yes, you would ask. Simply to give the guy a chance to prove you wrong and settle the matter. I doubt the manager was hoping to escalate the situation into an even bigger problem.
OTOH the customer doesn't have much room to complain concerning the level of embarrassment he suffered when he contributed to much of of with his refusal to show the ticket stub until the police were called.
Poorly handled all the way around.
Nowhere in the article does it note he was asked, only accused.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies