Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2019, 07:34 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
See Manafort State Charges - Doesn't New York Have Better Things to Do Than Play Fed Politics. Why is New York reaching out to find wrongdoing on the part of a Virginia or Florida (I forget which) resident? I worry about drug dealers, burglars and car thieves, the epitome of local crime. Their only interest could be Trump-hatred.

Funny, Eric Schniderman apparently beat, choked & raped multiple women & the state of NY didn't even investigate. It's almost like they're corrupt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2019, 01:40 PM

35,067 posts, read 17,014,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Oh the horror that a crime is prosecuted. And its because Manafort committed those crimes in that state. Or are people free to go if they commit crimes only in states where they do not live? Except he also has a residence in NY.

Or is your argument that since he is involved in politics we should ignore his criminal activity? Please. And he stole MILLIONS in evaded taxes alone. But sure, a stolen car is SOOOOO much more important.
Given that he's locked up, his threat to public safety is nil. I don't think we should be squandering taxpayer's money on vendettas.

Old 03-15-2019, 01:58 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
Given that he's locked up, his threat to public safety is nil. I don't think we should be squandering taxpayer's money on vendettas.

How much money do you think we're talking about? This is open and shut for the state, the feds did all the hard work. State will spend less then 50K prosecuting. And I believe Manafort still has a few million left rattling around.

And is your argument that we should ONLY charge public safety crimes? What nonsense.

Old 03-15-2019, 03:47 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,800,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
why would Trump pardon Manafort? all his crimes happened way before he joined the Trump campaign in which he only lasted 5 months.

Manafort can do 7 years...with good behavior, he will get out earlier.
It is so nice to learn owing to Manafort that good behavior provides a credit of 53 days per year served.

I never would have known this finer detail. A detail that matters so much to criminals.

Old 03-15-2019, 03:48 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
I don't think it's in Trumps mind to pardon. Fantasy thinking on your part?

Old 03-15-2019, 04:56 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,627,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
I don't think he will live that long.
He's been in solitary confinement for many months; he can no longer stand.
They broke him, now they'll kill him.
Crying for a criminal? The guy deserves more time than that.

Old 03-15-2019, 05:24 PM

19,764 posts, read 22,666,896 times
Quote:
https://www.apnews.com/7f967313552c4f7fb56c9c1a1cfbb97a

Looks like the state of NY thought his newest sentence was too light, and that he might be pardoned.

More importantly.....if you are going to do time the Federal jails are MUCH nicer. You do not want to be in a state prison. And this should be a wakeup call for those thinking Trump will just pardon them.
GREAT! Go after all the lying, cheating SOB's!!! I don't care!!!

Old 03-15-2019, 05:24 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Looks like the state of NY thought his newest sentence was too light, and that he might be pardoned.

More importantly.....if you are going to do time the Federal jails are MUCH nicer. You do not want to be in a state prison. And this should be a wakeup call for those thinking Trump will just pardon them.

Why would Trump want to pardon him?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies