Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2019, 11:47 AM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
No more indictments signed by Mueller, anyway.

lol.................
That is what passes as a victory in this administration, pretty low threshold for celebration.

No more indictments this week, great news.

Old 03-24-2019, 11:51 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
That's NOT gonna happen - mainly because your claims are based on BS.

Ken

How would we know that....unless we spend 2 years and $50 million on an investigation to find out? What parts are Bernie Sanders? I stated demonstrated facts....for 2 years all the left has done is screamed "Russian Collusion" with absolutely nothing to back it up.

Old 03-24-2019, 11:53 AM

37,174 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I could be wrong here, as I haven’t been following as closely as some people, but has there been anyone charged with or indicted on conspiracy in working with Russia during the 2016 election in this whole investigation?
If there are indictments against anyone for conspiracy with Russia, especially if Trump is named as a co-conspirator, the public would not have seen them at this point. Trump cannot be indicted while he holds the OO. The House would move to impeach first, and then all of the indictments would fall at once.

That is why when Barr sends his report to the House, there will be redactions in it, and sensitive information will be given only to a limited audience in the House Judiciary Committee who would have to draw the articles of impeachment. Mueller's entire report will not be available until all of the indictments have been unsealed.

As of right now, we know exactly as much as we did at this time last month, and no more. Everything being posted is speculation.

Old 03-24-2019, 11:53 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,837 times
Thank god this guy isn't in charge anymore. What a nutjob...

https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1109865768169209857

Old 03-24-2019, 12:01 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Strange that Mueller didn't complete sentencing on Gates, if there are no more indictments then why didn't he close him out.

Old 03-24-2019, 12:05 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,837 times
Well, here we go.

I do not think that Barr is a flat out scumbag like Trump and his campaign cronies are, but I do think he's incredibly biased in favor of Trump. After all, Barr did write that 19-page memo that criticized Mueller and the entire investigation.

So for Congress to receive the "highlights" of the Mueller probe from AG Barr, someone that has openly criticized the Mueller probe, I don't expect much transparency or bipartisanship. But we shall see.

https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/...67653441748992

Old 03-24-2019, 12:05 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,727,141 times
Quote:
If there are indictments against anyone for conspiracy with Russia, especially if Trump is named as a co-conspirator, the public would not have seen them at this point. Trump cannot be indicted while he holds the OO. The House would move to impeach first, and then all of the indictments would fall at once.

That is why when Barr sends his report to the House, there will be redactions in it, and sensitive information will be given only to a limited audience in the House Judiciary Committee who would have to draw the articles of impeachment. Mueller's entire report will not be available until all of the indictments have been unsealed.

As of right now, we know exactly as much as we did at this time last month, and no more. Everything being posted is speculation.
Agreed

Old 03-24-2019, 12:12 PM

18,465 posts, read 15,244,932 times
Quote:

So you are saying that they would not indict someone, other than Trump, on something that involves Trump?

Is that correct? I’m not a lawyer. Where are you getting this information? I find it hard to believe that they would not have included this in any of the charges of the people that HAVE been indicted already. But again, I’m not a lawyer.

If what you are saying is NOT correct, then that would mean that for Trump to be guilty, he must have done this completely on his own, without any co conspirators. That doesn’t seem plausible.

Old 03-24-2019, 12:13 PM

18,013 posts, read 27,456,617 times
For two years, the White House and the doj actually did something, gave Bob Mueller every single thing he needed.

For two years, Mueller did absolutely Richard wrt Y'alls endgame.

But we'll wait some more for you. 376 days is not long enough. We need more time!

=)

It's not the beginning of the end! Just the end of the beginning... Of Waa! Not My Pwesident! Waa!

Quote:
No, what it means is that Trump cannot be indicted, but anyone who may have been involved with him in committing a crime can. An indictment spells out the charges against an individual.

If Ivanka Trump committed a crime, she can be indicted. If Trump was aiding and abetting her, he cannot, without first being impeached to stand trial for the crime. The indictment for Ivanka would be sealed, since Trump would be listed as a co-conspirator. The information about his involvement would be given to the House Judiciary Committee by the AG, and the Committee would make the determination as to whether his involvement rose to the level of "high crimes and misdemeanors", which are not spelled out. The determination of what constitutes HC&D would be at the sole discretion of the House of Representatives.

Once he was impeached to stand trial in the Senate, Ivanka's indictment would be unsealed, because the information on his involvement would be public knowledge. Sealing the indictments protects those who are innocent until proven guilty, as well as not putting any information out that would spook anyone who might be involved enough that they would become fugitives.

That's the way I understand it, anyway, but I'm not a lawyer. We have a couple of them who post here regularly. I hope they correct me if I'm wrong.
No matter how you slice it, Mueller's Investigation has been deemed as a failure on all three counts for which it was constructed, as judged by some of our best attorneys...

It didn't uncover any of the crimes that were part of its original mandate...
1) process crimes
2) crimes that involved money before the Election
3) indictment of Russians who will never be brought to trial.

Congressional Investigations are only to help them pass legislation, not to attack people and make legislation impossible.

These idiots are ruining the whole of Congress for us and Trump. Still.Beat.All.They.Ass.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 03-24-2019 at 01:27 PM.. Reason: deleted quoted posts

Old 03-24-2019, 12:42 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Great article by Ken Starr on the Mueller Investigation wrap up.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ted&yptr=yahoo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies