Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2019, 02:41 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,092,577 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Trump supporters seem to forget that the reason there was so much focus on Mueller was because Trump himself couldn't shut up about it. His entire course of conduct was one of a guilty party..bashing Mueller, calling it a "hoax", stonewalling, refusing to testify, shifting excuses, etc.

In another time, Trump's words and actions would have been considered obstruction of justice. I don't know what a president can now do that would be considered obstructio0n of justice.

Trump's off the hook on obstruction and collusion.

Trump won, the nation lost.
No, Trump was acting like a person that was proclaiming his innocence.

Mueller proved Trump was right, there was no collusion.

Old 03-24-2019, 02:42 PM

4,761 posts, read 7,830,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Maybe. There's a lot more to learn. This is Barr's version of Mueller's report. I'd like to hear what Mueller himself says under oath to Congress. I'd like Congress to review the underlying evidence.

Regardless of how this plays out, Trump is still a lying, incompetent, unethical con man and is not fit to serve. So I'll continue to work towards his defeat in 2020. See you at the ballot box.

The second part of your post explains exactly why you, and others, would never be happy unless this report showed what you wanted it to show. Your posts, and the posts of others, indicate you don't care about the truth in this particular case.

Old 03-24-2019, 02:43 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,526,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Huh? You do know that when a court declares someone "not guilty" that is not the same as innocent, right?
A finding of "not guilty" or "innocent" only applies only when there's been a trial. The defendant can never again be tried for that same charge.

There are no charges or court proceeding here so it is legally and literally still an open case. It's possible new or more evidence will surface and charges will result.

Old 03-24-2019, 02:44 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,746,538 times
Like the ambulance driver says at the scene of a bad accident, "Nothing to see here folks. Go Home!"

6,933 posts, read 2,388,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Correct. It is past time for all of us to move on. The Democrats need to find a different message than “we are going to get Trump”. It isn’t working. Not in legal maneuvering, not in the court of public opinion. I still can’t stand Trump, and keep hoping for better options come 2020, but I now have ZERO respect for anyone claiming leadership in a party that is engaging in this modern day witch hunting, and refuses to let go no matter how much collateral damage they cause.

In other words, they are backing moderate Republicans into a corner where they feel they have to vote for Trump. Congratulations.
Why don't you like Trump? I agree with your post, up to the other words part....

There is nothing Trump has accomplished that should repel moderate voters, imo.

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Though out all crap for those who were found guilty, is it possible they took one for Trump? Not pointing fingers just asking.

18,069 posts, read 18,803,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spankys bbq View Post
The second part of your post explains exactly why you, and others, would never be happy unless this report showed what you wanted it to show. Your posts, and the posts of others, indicate you don't care about the truth in this particular case.
Just like Kavanaugh, zero care of evidence, they just want a certain result and that is all that matters.

Old 03-24-2019, 02:45 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,407,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Probably the best day of trump's presidency so far.

Unless SDNY comes through big time with indictments, Trump skates to reelection.
Negative.

This just means he won’t be impeached.

Whether he is re-elected depends on whether the American people want to keep an unqualified idiot in the WH.

I’m betting they do not.

Old 03-24-2019, 02:46 PM

25,578 posts, read 56,455,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
What an incredible waste of time, money, resources there was never any evidence of collusion this hoax was all based on shoddy oppo research. Unbelievable.
STOP repeating this FALSE MEME. It was NOT. The FBI investigation began because FBI, while spying on the Russians, overheard Russians talking to Trump campaign. Then when Trump fired Comey, he opened himself to an obstruction of justice charge because of FBI investigation into Russian influence - WHICH HAS BEEN PROVED - and so the SC was appointed to investigate if Comey was fired because of FBI investigation - i.e., obstruction of justice.

The dossier had ZERO to do with WHY the original FBI investigation began and then later SC - FBI got dossier later - and SC counsel was appointed because of Comey firing, not the dossier.

Old 03-24-2019, 02:47 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,397,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
No, Trump was action like a person that was proclaiming his innocence.

Mueller proved Trump was right, there was no collusion.

I disagree. He acted like a guilty man the whole time. Trump attacked the very foundation of this country's legal system. He attacked the integrity of Mueller. Trump acted more like a mafia boss than a president. Gotti got off a number of times on the same type of strategy. I would hope that we would expect more from a president...though maybe not anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies