Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2019, 09:00 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,629 times

Advertisements

What ever happened to the computer that Wasserman Schultz didn't want to hand over?

Old 03-26-2019, 09:17 PM

277 posts, read 365,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Is he in the report? How will we know if we don't see it?
The President had said NUMEROUS times he wants the report made public. How many more times does he have to say it.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:18 PM

277 posts, read 365,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
What ever happened to the computer that Wasserman Schultz didn't want to hand over?
Hard drive was wiped clean with Bleach Bit.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:43 PM

3,046 posts, read 2,383,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Mueller is done. He isn't a permanent government employee. He has done his job, firing him does not make the report go away.
A bit of bad grammar on my part. Everything was meant in the past tense.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:45 PM

25,581 posts, read 56,466,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
You do realize that pretty much that exact scenario happened more than once. FBI targeting conservative groups and Fast and Furious. The Obama DOJ decided there was no crime when there was an overwhelming preponderance of evidence of crimes.

In the case of Fast and Furious, Obama "didn't know nuthin" and Holder was declared innocent by fiat.

Hillary Clinton was pretty much found to be guilty as sin of a laundry list of crimes, "But bless her heart, she didn't know any better." So she too was declared innocent by fiat.

Point is, this isn't anything new. And the Russian collusion stuff is as obviously true as the "fact" that George W Bush was behind the 9/11 attacks. If you believe in it deeply enough, it's true. It's clear as day. You cannot fathom how everyone else isn't seeing it.

As a person who is not a big fan of Donald J Trump, I've been saying this for a long time now. Stop obsessing about something as ridiculous as Russian collusion. Russia couldn't afford to buy him off. The whole thing was ridiculous from day one. So instead of embarrassing yourself obsessing about what Donald Trump isn't, just focus on what he is: Annoying. Obnoxious. Rude. A bully. The internet troll that became President. One of the worst gaff-masters to ever hold the office.

Looking at the steaming pile of crap that the Dems are rolling out for 2020, I'm probably voting third party again. In a world where the big two parties tend to nominate absolutely horrible people, it's a great time to support the smaller neglected political parties. Still, I'll be quietly rooting for the Dems to go down in flames. Everything they've been shrieking and screaming that Trump was doing -- those are exactly the things they were doing. Trying every conceivable trick in the book to undermine, sabotage, discredit, threaten, demonize and destroy a duly elected President. The last two years have been one giant temper tantrum by the Democrats in which they have been actively trying to destroy the system and recreate a system in which they alone rule. I honestly hope it destroys their party. The Left deserves something better.
I agree with pretty much everything you've written, except this:
Quote:
You do realize that pretty much that exact scenario happened more than once. FBI targeting conservative groups and Fast and Furious. The Obama DOJ decided there was no crime when there was an overwhelming preponderance of evidence of crimes.

In the case of Fast and Furious, Obama "didn't know nuthin" and Holder was declared innocent by fiat.

Hillary Clinton was pretty much found to be guilty as sin of a laundry list of crimes, "But bless her heart, she didn't know any better." So she too was declared innocent by fiat.

Point is, this isn't anything new. And the Russian collusion stuff is as obviously true as the "fact" that George W Bush was behind the 9/11 attacks. If you believe in it deeply enough, it's true. It's clear as day. You cannot fathom how everyone else isn't seeing it.
Yes, I cannot fathom how everyone isn't seeing it when there is mountain of collected evidence on communications with the Russians during the campaign by numerous Trump emissaries and even Don Jr. himself and Jared Kushner wanting a back door meeting room in the basement of the Russian Embassy. The Russians saved Jared from himself on that one.

Collusion may be hard to prove, but ongoing and substantial cooperation was certainly there. I read somewhere at least 100 meetings, plus hundreds more in phone calls and emails. The phone calls were what got the FBI investigating Trump campaign in the first place. The collusion issue given the nefarious characters surrounding Trump is quite believable. Trump's campaign chairman for four months depended on the Russians for his livelihood in the tens of millions and was instrumental changing language favorable to Ukraine in the GOP platform.

All that said, imo it is false equivalency to cite the foregoing Obama occurrences - admittedly I don't know a lot about any of them because it didn't go to the core of the Presidency nor have anywhere near the impact on the country Trump's divided allegiance has - and is not at all the same as a wild-ass theory that GWB was behind 9/11 - for which there is no collected evidence or documentation on phone calls, meetings, etc., afaik - and is just plain insane.

Otoh, we have Trump throwing out baseless and unsubtantiated innuendo and threats to all and sundry via his mouth and tweets on a daily basis which are getting worse because the fool thinks he's clean as the driven snow.

For me, the worst part of all of this is a sitting president is smack dab in the middle of collusion and obstruction of justice issues involving loyalty to Russia or the US - which are not at all like the cases you have cited - and a madman president at that. And, because he's a madman, the ramifications of obstruction of justice issue scares the hell out of me. Who knows how far he'll go for retaliating what he perceives to be a witch hunt? It was never a witch hunt. There was good reason to investigate him.

Whereas the collusion is just Trump being crooked ol' Trump doing whatever he can for himself. I don't necessarily think on an evidentiary basis collusion can be proven, but it wasn't Barr's place to say it hadn't occurred.

Guess I should be thankful Barr/Rosenstein didn't exonerate Trump on obstruction. Given his nasty retaliatory nature, of course it was his intent to obstruct justice. He was just too stupid to know what that meant at the time. He thought because he was president he could be king.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 03-26-2019 at 10:00 PM..

Old 03-26-2019, 09:50 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,284,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanSwitek View Post
Hard drive was wiped clean with Bleach Bit.
But nothing to hide?

Old 03-26-2019, 10:24 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,810,293 times
Schiff of course has zero care for the investigation, still claims he knows there was collusion and seen evidence, lol, dude is a joke. If he has such evidence, he should have turned it over.

Old 03-26-2019, 11:07 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,435,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanSwitek View Post
The President had said NUMEROUS times he wants the report made public. How many more times does he have to say it.
At least more than he said he didnt know Stormy Daniels 130000 hush fund.

Old 03-27-2019, 01:48 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,371,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
Most likely they’ll say there wasn’t enough evidence for a Trump indictment but that there is fairly strong evidence nonetheless to say there was collusion. So basically like the OJ verdict. We know he did it but the evidence suggested enough doubt that by the book you couldn’t convict

OJ was indicted.

No further indictment are coming because there is nothing to indict on.

The indictments and convictions that did take place were ALL for unrelated matters and used as leverage to get the indicted and convicted individuals singing.

This didn't work, but not because they didn't want to appease Mueller; they certainly did want to do that.

They didn't implicate Trump in a conspiracy with Russia to steal an election because there was no story to tell.

We had our first attempted coup...that's all that happened.

Old 03-27-2019, 03:18 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,671,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
This is called "moving the goal posts" - you started out saying he wasn't as smart as claimed, and now you are saying it doesn't matter. If it doesn't matter why did you make an issue of it? The rest of your comment just shows your rampant p3n1s envy.

And for the millionth time, if you want to discuss school records, lets start with 44.
Since you didn't get it, I began by saying he most likely has had a false IQ on record, since also having prevented his school records from being shown. Of course, you hadn't followed that having been revealed or read the article showing his having done so, being more of his usual deceitfulness.

What I added about his claiming to have a high IQ (with some buying that), is that it wouldn't matter to many if he actually had a brain under that phony wraparound hairdo, since he never exhibits any intelligence, anyway.

And for the "millionth time" , since you brought it up, the topic is regarding the Mueller report prompted by Donald's dishonest behavior, not about his predecessor's school records.

Just another poster fawning over his crooked Emperor, no matter what.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies