Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2019, 05:13 PM

7,826 posts, read 2,727,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Looks like the next one to get their security clearance revoked will be Nielson not Schiff.

https://twitter.com/funder/status/1115014428020363264

So this means we now have an acting head of DHS, acting Secretary of Defense, acting Secretary of Interior, acting Chief of Staff, and I don't know what the status is with the UN Ambassador. Do we even have one?

So many "acting" in this administration that it technically could be called a thespian troupe.

Why anyone puts any faith in this revolving door administration is a mystery.

As soon as Barr turns this report over to Congress, he'll likely be gone as well.

What a mess.
Could you possibly imagine going through the Global Financial Melt Down or any significant crisis right now?? Not a big fan of W but at least there was a functioning government.

Trump is the crisis!

Last edited by JohnBoy64; 04-07-2019 at 06:07 PM..

Old 04-07-2019, 05:27 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
How is that back peddling?
He went from saying that he had absolute proof of collusion to, "It can't be proven beyond a reasonable doubt." Yes that sure as hell is backpedaling.

Welcome to the Democrats' very own WMD scandal. Like George W and the Republicans, the Dems bet the farm on a conspiracy theory. They didn't have proof but they were so sure it was true, they went after it all guns blazing. Not too far removed from Bush invading Iraq really, but the damage done wasn't to a foreign state. It was an attack on our governmental institutions and the damage is significant.

I'm a non-partisan. If Trump had been found guilty, been impeached and spent what few years of life he has remaining in prison, I wouldn't have been terribly upset by it. But the whole idea that Russia even could buy a man who is worth billions always struck me as incredibly far fetched. It's always struck me that the Dems were going to see this thing blow up in their faces. Now it has and like we saw with Bush and the WMD's, they're in massive denial about it. I fully expect the tinfoil hat wearing believers to go to their graves convinced that Trump is a Russian agent and that Russia has usurped control of our government. But the Right and Center together -- we think you're a bunch of idiots. Every news agency that wasted our time on this is going to get less and less viewership. Fox News comes out of this as the most honest news source. CNN and MSNBC have almost no credibility now. The whole world changed because the Left was so hell-bent on chasing this conspiracy theory.

For those of you that are still believers, if the largest most expensive investigation in human history wasn't good enough for you, what would be? Is there anything that would change your mind? Seriously, do some introspection. Be honest with yourself. You need to admit to yourself that you so desperately want to believe that you will continue believing no matter what. This is your new religion. If you can realize that much, maybe you can break free some day.

Old 04-07-2019, 05:32 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy64 View Post
Could you possibly imagine go through the Global Financial Melt Down or any significant crisis right now??...
We are headed towards a constitutional crisis at this very moment over those tax returns and the Mueller report.

Old 04-07-2019, 05:47 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,270,624 times
Quote:
We are headed towards a constitutional crisis at this very moment over those tax returns and the Mueller report.
LMAO!!! Is that what they are saying at Msnbc?

Old 04-07-2019, 06:01 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:
Adam Schiff presents his case:

Quote:
Politico reported earlier this week that House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) is confronting “a withering Republican assault.” Three days later, the assault is quite a bit more ferocious.

Donald Trump this morning insisted that the California Democrat acted “unlawfully” – the president didn’t say which laws Schiff allegedly broke – and “should be forced to resign from Congress.” A few hours later, every Republican member of the House Intelligence Committee, which used to be a relatively non-partisan panel, issued a letter calling on Schiff to surrender the chairman’s gavel.

Rep. Mike Conaway (R-Texas) then read the letter aloud during a committee hearing.

Given the intensity of the GOP crusade, one might assume that Schiff has been caught up in a horrible scandal, perhaps even facing a criminal indictment. But what’s bewildering about the offensive is its inanity: the Republican outrage that’s been manufactured out of whole cloth.

Schiff’s unforgivable misdeed was arguing that there was coordination between the Trump campaign and Russia in 2016 – an assertion Republicans believe has been discredited by the Mueller report, despite the fact that they have no idea whether the Mueller report supports their argument or not.

To his credit, the Intelligence Committee chair, who seems to realize he’s done nothing wrong, isn’t backing down. On the contrary, he’s sticking to his guns and doing his best to remind everyone, friend and foe alike, that the arguments he’s made and the evidence he’s pointed to remains fully intact.

It was against this backdrop that Schiff laid out his case during this morning’s Intelligence Committee hearing, shortly after the panel’s GOP members called for his ouster.

I’m going to quote the remarks at length, because I think the details are relevant to the larger debate:
“My colleagues might think it’s OK that the Russians offered dirt on the Democratic candidate for president as part of what’s described as the Russian government’s effort to help the Trump campaign. You might think that’s OK.

“My colleagues might think it’s OK that when that was offered to the son of the president, who had a pivotal role in the campaign, that the president’s son did not call the FBI; he did not adamantly refuse that foreign help – no, instead that son said that he would ‘love’ the help with the Russians.

“You might think it’s OK that he took that meeting. You might think it’s OK that Paul Manafort, the campaign chair, someone with great experience running campaigns, also took that meeting. You might think it’s OK that the president’s son-in-law also took that meeting. You might think it’s OK that they concealed it from the public. You might think it’s OK that their only disappointment after that meeting was that the dirt they received on Hillary Clinton wasn’t better. You might think that’s OK.

“You might think it’s OK that when it was discovered, a year later, that they then lied about that meeting and said that it was about adoptions. You might think that it’s OK that it was reported that the president helped dictate that lie. You might think that’s OK. I don’t.

“You might think it’s OK that the campaign chairman of a presidential campaign would offer information about that campaign to a Russian oligarch in exchange for money or debt forgiveness. You might think that’s OK, I don’t.

“You might think it’s OK that that campaign chairman offered polling data to someone linked to Russian intelligence. I don’t think that’s OK.

“You might think it’s OK that the president himself called on Russia to hack his opponent’s emails, if they were listening. You might think it’s OK that later that day, in fact, the Russians attempted to hack a server affiliated with that campaign. I don’t think that’s OK.

“You might think it’s OK that the president’s son-in-law sought to establish a secret back channel of communication with the Russians through a Russian diplomatic facility. I don’t think that’s OK.

“You might think it’s OK that an associate of the president made direct contact with the GRU through Guccifer 2.0 and WikiLeaks, that is considered a hostile intelligence agency. You might think it’s OK that a senior campaign official was instructed to reach that associate and find out what that hostile intelligence agency had to say in terms of dirt on his opponent.

“You might think it’s OK that the national security adviser designate secretly conferred with the Russian ambassador about undermining U.S. sanctions, and you might think it’s OK that he lied about it to the FBI.

“You might say that’s all OK, that’s just what you need to do to win. But I don’t think it’s OK. I don’t think it’s OK. I think it’s immoral, I think it’s unethical, I think it’s unpatriotic and, yes, I think it’s corrupt – and evidence of collusion.”

“Now I have always said that the question of whether this amounts to proof of conspiracy was another matter. Whether the special counsel could prove beyond a reasonable doubt the proof of that crime would be up to the special counsel, and I would accept his decision, and I do. He’s a good and honorable man, and he is a good prosecutor.

“But I do not think that conduct, criminal or not, is OK. And the day we do think that’s OK is the day we will look back and say that is the day that America lost its way.”

“And I will tell you one more thing that is apropos of the hearing today: I don’t think it’s OK that during a presidential campaign Mr. Trump sought the Kremlin’s help to consummate a real estate deal in Moscow that would make him a fortune – according to the special counsel, hundreds of millions of dollars. I don’t think it’s OK to conceal it from the public. I don’t think it’s OK that he advocated a new and more favorable policy towards the Russians even as he was seeking the Russians’ help, the Kremlin’s help to make money. I don’t think it’s OK that his attorney lied to our committee. There is a different word for that than collusion, and it’s called ‘compromise.’
“And that is the subject of our hearing today.”

Each of the factual points the chairman raised are supported by evidence, and as best as I can tell, none of the factual assertions have been contested by Trump, any of his allies, or the contents of Attorney General Bill Barr’s memo.

Under partisan fire, Adam Schiff presents his case without apology

Under partisan fire, Adam Schiff presents his case without apology | MSNBC

Old 04-07-2019, 06:29 PM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post

Each of the factual points the chairman raised are supported by evidence, and as best as I can tell, none of the factual assertions have been contested by Trump, any of his allies, or the contents of Attorney General Bill Barr’s memo.

The man is right and that's only the half of it.

Trump demanded to be told the sources for the Russia information. Within days, the likely sources were whisked out of meetings with bags over their heads. No word on their whereabouts. One likely source was found dead in the trunk of his car. Foul play is suspected.

Trump handed over classified intelligence to Kislyak and Lavrov in the Oval Office.

Kushner, who no one can figure out what his job is or why he has a national security clearance, handed over classified information to the Saudi Crown Prince.

Republicans think this is okay.

If Mueller's Report exonerated Trump, he'd have tweeted out all 400 pages out by now ...

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 04-07-2019 at 06:40 PM..

Old 04-07-2019, 06:38 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:
The man is right and that's only the half of it.

Trump demanded to be told the sources for the Russia information. Within days, the likely sources were whisked out of meetings with bags over their heads. No word on the whereabouts. One likely source was found dead in the trunk of his car. Foul play is suspected.

Trump handed over classified intelligence to Kislyak and Lavrov in the Oval Office.

Kushner, who no one can figure out what his job is or why he has a national security clearance, handed over classified information to the Saudi Crown Prince.

Republicans think this is okay.

If Mueller's Report exonerated Trump, he'd have tweeted the 400 pages out by now ...
Indeed.

Hoping no one else is harmed or bumped off. He said Adam Schiff acted unlawfully? What the heck? Which laws? Someone should tell Trump his Reality Show just got canceled.

Old 04-07-2019, 07:07 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times
Quote:

Poor guy. He’s going to be chasing a dragon for some time
Now

Old 04-07-2019, 07:08 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,493 times
Quote:
Looks like the next one to get their security clearance revoked will be Nielson not Schiff.

https://twitter.com/funder/status/1115014428020363264

So this means we now have an acting head of DHS, acting Secretary of Defense, acting Secretary of Interior, acting Chief of Staff, and I don't know what the status is with the UN Ambassador. Do we even have one?

So many "acting" in this administration that it technically could be called a thespian troupe.

Why anyone puts any faith in this revolving door administration is a mystery.

As soon as Barr turns this report over to Congress, he'll likely be gone as well.

What a mess.
Well We only have someone acting like he s president for bossing people around and such. First consistency since 2016 .

Old 04-07-2019, 07:11 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,096,970 times
Quote:
Indeed.

Hoping no one else is harmed or bumped off. He said Adam Schiff acted unlawfully? What the heck? Which laws? Someone should tell Trump his Reality Show just got canceled.

This man went on national tv many times and said he flat out saw proof Trump collided with Russia

Where is the proof?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies