Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2019, 09:57 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,404,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
All we can do is speculate about what's in the report.

We do know two things:

1) Mueller's investigation has concluded.

2) Mueller won't be issuing any more indictments.

Kinda strange that tRump isn't tweeting up a storm this morning.

"The witch hunt has ended! No collusion! No obstruction! I'm home free!"

He wants to read the report first b/c most likely Mueller is going to imply Trump did something shady without providing any evidence of it.

The whole point of the Mueller probe was to damage Trump politically. That's why all these people were arrested and prosecuted even though they were not accused of having ties to Russia or colluding with Russia.

Old 03-23-2019, 09:58 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
So you are saying it was 'rumors' but yet you have no problem with the government spying on the Trump campaign and launching an investigation of Trump colluding with Russia based on these rumors.

Do you understand how the justice system is supposed to work?

You see nothing wrong with a law firm retained by Hillary putting 'rumors' in a report and that report used as the basis without corroboration to accuse Trump of collusion with Russia?

There was corroboration. The dossier wasn't the only information put forth; it was Papadopolous's remarks to the Australian PM that triggered the investigation, not the dossier. It doesn't matter who paid for the dossier; the only question is, was there probable cause? There certainly was. It's not like Trump had never been to Russia or never had any business dealings with them.

Old 03-23-2019, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
There was corroboration. The dossier wasn't the only information put forth; it was Papadopolous's remarks to the Australian PM that triggered the investigation, not the dossier. It doesn't matter who paid for the dossier; the only question is, was there probable cause? There certainly was. It's not like Trump had never been to Russia or never had any business dealings with them.
lol so simply going to Russia is enough basis to justify spying and investigation for collusion with russia. you are so partisan. by this logic, basically every Democrat in office could be spied on and investigated.

Papa was not charged with colluding with Russia and he was in fact set up by Democrat operatives who also met Carter Page. That's not a coincidence.

It does matter who paid for the dossier.

Also keep in mind Carter Page was never charged with any crime and the liberal partisans in the FBI were able to get surviellance on the Trump campaign based on the premise Page was a secret agent of Russia.

This means there was never any evidence Page was colluding with Russia.

Old 03-23-2019, 10:03 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Those things ARE in the report which goes to the AG which has the CLARENCE to see them.

Also the AG REPORTS to the President who ALSO has the clearance to see them.
Please provide a source for this post. A confidential source is "confidential" from all third parties. S/

See DOJ Guidelines on confidential sources. https://www.aclu.org/other/departmen...ial-informants

Old 03-23-2019, 10:03 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Either way the President doesn't win.The report could show that there was indeed Russian interference, and it happened right under Trump's nose and he wasn't even aware of it. Its not a good look for our leader. Its makes one wounder if Netanyahu, North Korea, Putin and the Saudi's are manipulating him too.

He may be still surrounded by people who are there to manipulate him for their own purposes and not the good of the country. We have been here before with Reagan. He was oblivious to all the wrong doing going on under his nose and we found why after he left office.
"The report could show that there was indeed Russian interference,"

It could, and?

NO INDICTMENTS against TRUMP OR ANY OF HIS ASSOCIATES, means they were NOT "colluding" with the Russians in ANY ILLEGAL WAY!.

IF they were there would be indictments again them for it.

" and it happened right under Trump's nose"

NO it happened RIGHT UNDER OBAMA AND HIS, his DoJ, CIA and FBI's noses.

Funny how this is NEVER mentioned by dems.

Old 03-23-2019, 10:06 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
All we can do is speculate about what's in the report.

We do know two things:

1) Mueller's investigation has concluded.

2) Mueller won't be issuing any more indictments.

Kinda strange that tRump isn't tweeting up a storm this morning.

"The witch hunt has ended! No collusion! No obstruction! I'm home free!"

When he's at Mar-a-Lago, Trump usually tweets like a mad man.

Today, nothing.

Strange.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 03-23-2019 at 10:25 AM..

Old 03-23-2019, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Des-Lab View Post
Remember. If the report contains damming information on Trump, the truth will finally come out. If it does not, Mueller was obviously paid off and the whole report is a farce.
If the report contains damming information on OBAMA, the CIA, the FBI, the DoJ and many dem politicians, it WILL come out.

Old 03-23-2019, 10:09 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump usually tweets like a mad man when he's at Mar-a-Lago.

Today, nothing.

Strange.
I've noticed that too.

Old 03-23-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I agree, I never thought Trump was actively colluding with anyone, he's just stupid and greedy. You compliment him or spend money at one of his hotels and he'll give you whatever you want, you can see that by the way he deals with Kim Jong Un. The only family member I see as being smart enough to be part of any kind of 'conspiracy' is Jared Kushner.

Why conservatives support a President who is regularly played like a fiddle is curious unless it's all about stacking the courts and getting rid of roe v wade.

Why liberals support a President, Obama, who ALL this happened under HIS ADMIN is regularly played like a fiddle is curious.

Old 03-23-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Can you refute anything I said? Can you form a civil argument that proves anything I said is wrong?

Or do you just want to ignore debate and attack me personally?

I don't see how it is attack to think you are a liberal.

I don't think you had a problem with Mueller hiring Obama and Hillary lawyers to led to Russia collusion 'investigation'.

It is not surprising Trump appointed an AG who is not down with a liberal hoax.

You and the left have never presented any evidence that Trump colluded with Russia. You repeat the assertion over and over but there is no evidence.

You smear Trump as an agent of Russia but then act like you have been the one personally attacked when I note you don't seem neutral.

If you want to debate then you should present the evidence Trump was in cahoots with Russia. Try doing that without using the dossier paid for by Hillary.

How did Russia help Trump win the states that he won? HOw did Trump and Russia undermine our democracy?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies